: STS Jab: for real

caddyfat2
05-05-11, 02:11 PM
One and a half months ago I purchased an 86 Cimarron and have it pretty well fixed up. When I purchased it the AC was not working and the power windows didn't either. After a month I have the windows working again and the AC is blowing at 46* at the vents.Well to make a long story short..... I haven't driven my STS in a month now since I got behind the wheel of the Cimarron. Wow that 2.8 L V6 is pretty peppy and it has a certain throaty sound..... Ilike it. Man this cars runs extremely well for a 25 year old car.......WATCH OUT STS....LOL.
Really :cloud9: Caddyfat2

chazglenn3
05-05-11, 03:02 PM
Yeah nothing out performs the good old R-12 freon.

caddyfat2
05-05-11, 05:49 PM
It was not R-12 because of the cost but I re-charged it with ES-12a which is a new gas type freon. Check out this gas at autorefrigerants.com and tell me what you think? ( it's as cold as R-12 for sure and much better than R134a)

550HP STSV
05-05-11, 05:51 PM
wrong forum, move post

caddyfat2
05-05-11, 05:59 PM
wrong forum, move post
Who made you the forum police???
If you don't want to partake in this thread
DON'T READ IT OR POST....
(Just trying to help stimulate our STS FORUM)

KRSTS
05-05-11, 08:48 PM
wrong forum, move post

BTW Jayson, your in the wrong forum also:crowded:

550HP STSV
05-05-11, 11:21 PM
Sorry, I was here for information relating to Cadillac STS', not how a 86 Cimarron handles, WRONG FORUM, MOVE POST

caddyfat2
05-06-11, 12:25 AM
Hey I am an STS owner too but thought I would just throw a little different curve into our forums. Excuse me if I offended you talking about my lowly Cimarron but like I said if you don't like it don't read it. Now lighten up, relax and don't get your bowels in an uproar over a thread that didn't hurt anything thing or anyone ! LOL

550HP STSV
05-06-11, 08:36 AM
KAPOW

KAPOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9544/90502733.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/415/77698335.jpg

http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/6818/31976122.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4730/96964585.jpg

caddyfat2
05-06-11, 08:55 AM
Nice car minus those funky red rims!!!

malatu
05-06-11, 09:35 AM
red rims.... :vomit:

jmo

BaTu
05-06-11, 10:56 AM
Come On Fellas.... Don't Feed The TROLL! :tisk:

This is what Jay lives his, sad, life for ;)

550HP STSV
05-06-11, 12:31 PM
The batu has seen a post by me and exited his cave!!!!!!!!!!!!

kitzmann
05-06-11, 12:51 PM
Red Rims, I think the look like?? but that's my opinion LOL

Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
Guess I'll explain myself again for the V6 kids out here:

You own a Cadillac. It is a nicely styled luxury car. There is a reason why Cadillac chose not to put on plastic chrome door handle covers, plastic chrome door pillar posts, and ghetto chrome hoodrich wheels. They have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on marketing research to figure out what looks "Classy" and defines Cadillac. After all their R&D, they found that the majority of people (and what is best for the brand,) was SUBTLE chrome accents across the window sills, and in the later year STS' across the bottom of the rocker panel and top of the rear bumper. These were classy modifications. The huge chrome door pillar posts look cheesy, as do aftermarket chrome wheels. The wheels Cadillac chose to offer on these cars, and accessory wheels, look great. 99% of people would agree with the fact that most factory wheels fit this car perfectly. Again, that is due to countless hours of research and design.

Did you know why Brembo calipers are usually red, or an offset color? Because THEY ARE BIG BRAKES. They DESERVE to stand out. They call attention to the fact that you have six piston calipers. Painting tiny little single or dual piston V6 calipers looks foolish. If you like the look of Big Brembo Brakes, get big brembo brakes. Dont get plastic ebay covers that are going to warp and block airflow, that also look fake. This is why I had to laugh.

Also, don't put up a post about your tasteless modifications if you cant handle the negative remarks from other members, who may have a better idea of how things look than yourself. Thanks!

caddyfat2
05-06-11, 01:30 PM
Batu I believe you're right, you'll have a good day ya hear......case closed!

550HP STSV
05-06-11, 01:37 PM
Yes. That is your opinion. Along with many others:

42 people like this.
Keith 'Young Scene' Delarosa holy shit thats nice
Ika Popovic ♥ im in love lol
David Bletsh gotta tint those side reflectors kid.. looks stunning otherwise..
Jim Peyatt: Dude those wheels are amazing!! Keep those, no need to sell them!!! Wow, can't get over how good it looks! We need to get those tail lights tinted...
Jeri Mae Looks sick
David Serafin Hats off to the tomkelly for the red paint looks great
Islam Hamideh niiiceeee
Bryan Walsh looks excellent! def. makes it stand out nice.
Heather Hendricks looks good!

;-)

Chrome is out.

Platinum06
05-06-11, 07:11 PM
Clashes with the calipers...all black would look better. Or just fix it up with Chromes and the Tails. Hahaha.

Looks better before the can of red paint...

Greg00coupe
05-06-11, 07:54 PM
good one kitzmann!!!!!!!!!!! I love it.!!!!!!!!!! Frankly I sort of like it......... But you are right he's troll cutting down folks left and right. Now I am really upset.........I see he's in Ohio too.

550HP STSV
05-06-11, 08:03 PM
:violin: :wambulance:

EChas3
05-06-11, 09:48 PM
Not my cup of tea, but it's not my car.

Maybe it's just the perspective of those pictures or the wide-angle lens... It reminds me of an old George Carlin bit, "White boys got no ass!"

caddyfat2
05-07-11, 03:00 PM
Ouch !!!! really LOL

turnne
05-07-11, 10:28 PM
You own a Cadillac. It is a nicely styled luxury car. There is a reason why Cadillac chose not to put on plastic chrome door handle covers, plastic chrome door pillar posts, and ghetto chrome hoodrich wheels. They have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on marketing research to figure out what looks "Classy" and defines Cadillac. After all their R&D, they found that the majority of people (and what is best for the brand,) was SUBTLE chrome accents across the window sills, and in the later year STS' across the bottom of the rocker panel and top of the rear bumper. These were classy modifications. The huge chrome door pillar posts look cheesy, as do aftermarket chrome wheels. The wheels Cadillac chose to offer on these cars, and accessory wheels, look great. 99% of people would agree with the fact that most factory wheels fit this car perfectly. Again, that is due to countless hours of research and design.

hmmm...are you sure about that

I have seen countless DTS's and some STS's as well at the dealership with Carriage roofs, Vogue tires, and gold package... in fact another exact car like mine that I looked at had the word "Cadillac" stitched into the top of the back seat

all I could think was how tacky that looked to me... I prefer the classic and understated look

On another note...Red rims?.....the car is WAY too much for me in the way of spoilers etc

But again..that is my opinion and it is not may car

Warren