: Door lock actuator issue

JeffJeff
05-05-11, 12:35 AM
I have a 2008 Escalade. Since I have had it, all the door lock actuators have been replaced at least once. They start to stick and won't unlock or lock. Now the drivers rear is failing again. Anyone else having issues with the locks? Any tricks to fix them without having to make another warranty trip to the dealer?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-05-11, 03:39 PM
JeffJeff,

I would encourage you to take the vehicle to your local GM dealership. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

I have a 2008 Escalade. Since I have had it, all the door lock actuators have been replaced at least once. They start to stick and won't unlock or lock. Now the drivers rear is failing again. Anyone else having issues with the locks? Any tricks to fix them without having to make another warranty trip to the dealer?

gemini061672
06-05-11, 01:23 PM
I bought my 2008 Escalade ESV 8 months ago and is now having the same problem. However, I bought it with about 56k miles on it. Would mine be covered under warranty (I am thinking not)?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-11, 11:30 AM
gemini061672,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issue. I would advise you to speak with your local dealership to confirm if this would be covered under your warranty.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

bstiffmanofsteel
06-06-11, 12:31 PM
I have this issue from time to time. What I have learned is to press the lock button then go over and push that doors tab down. Then push the unlock button followed by lifting the tab. Usually gets everything back on track by the second time...

ESCALADE132
06-07-11, 12:08 AM
I had my drivers side frony actuator go bad and then a month later the drivers side rear actuator went out. Both covered under warranty but a pain to take it in for service!

North49
06-07-11, 12:24 PM
I just had my rear actuators replaced under warranty.

Same symptoms. Slowly started to fail then only worked once in a while.

PeteKT
06-10-11, 12:35 PM
Ive had all 4 of mine replaced by the dealership,. each one at a time, they all went bad within 3 month of each other.