: 2010 Cadillac Escalade Dual Battery Installation Help

Escalade007
05-04-11, 04:04 PM
Hi, I have ordered all the parts for installing a second battery in a 2010 Cadillac Escalade Platinum, but it seems it did not come with an instruction manual. Does anyone here know where I can get an instruction manual for installing a second battery in the 2010 Escalade, or maybe know the process/procedure involved?
Does anyone know how to install it, or can offer some help?

48Dodge
05-04-11, 04:17 PM
Have you looked in the sticky?
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/130849-second-battery.html

hcvone
05-05-11, 07:56 AM
e-mail me at carl@hcvind.com and I can send you the schematic, if you read the thread and have the parts and lay them out it will make more sense to where they connect, never took pics because I never thought so many people would do this mod

2007-CTS
03-11-14, 07:39 PM
hcvone,
Does your schematic have an isolator relay used in it? I am going to do the dual battery mod but with a twist, first I am going to us a battery isolator relay that only operates when the key is in the on position. This way the 2nd battery will be charged and share the load when the vehicle is running but disconnected when off, this way there is no way to run down the second battery. Second, I am going to use a side post battery instead of the top post. Can anyone tell me the guage of the wire used in the oem kit?

The isolated battery version is what was used on the older Tahoe's and suburbans, I don't understand why GM moved to the dual batteries directly connected? Perhaps someone can explain it.
Thanks

gdirty5
03-11-14, 08:28 PM
I have a optima red top sitting in my garage, can I go dual battery with that? It has both top and side posts.

K9Caddy
03-12-14, 05:58 AM
You can use any battery you desire. However, it is more preferred to use two of the same type of batteries.

hcvone
03-12-14, 07:50 AM
hcvone,
Does your schematic have an isolator relay used in it? I am going to do the dual battery mod but with a twist, first I am going to us a battery isolator relay that only operates when the key is in the on position. This way the 2nd battery will be charged and share the load when the vehicle is running but disconnected when off, this way there is no way to run down the second battery. Second, I am going to use a side post battery instead of the top post. Can anyone tell me the guage of the wire used in the oem kit?

The isolated battery version is what was used on the older Tahoe's and suburbans, I don't understand why GM moved to the dual batteries directly connected? Perhaps someone can explain it.
Thanks

Because it works and there are less parts needed, several owners have put switches and relays to isolate the batteries, I followed the GM Police truck method, have had it in all 12 of my Escalade's, and we have installed this set up in probably 3 to 4 dozen Escalade's, easy cheap and no issues. :)

2007-CTS
03-12-14, 08:57 AM
Anybody know the guage of the wire used in the kit?