: XLR Nav Display Update?

mikjut
05-04-11, 06:07 AM
I would like to know if there is a way to change the nav display graphics. Not the maps itself but change the graphics on the display. They are really old looking already. The new ones look much better but I would like know if it is possible to change that? Either update it or if I could change it on my own?

Thanks

GizmoQ
05-09-11, 04:57 AM
Unfortunately, no on both counts. I believe the XLR shares the same nav disk with only one or two other cars and the nav disks haven't been updated in a while (I believe I have the newest and it 2009). The nav system is by Denso and for such a small market Cadillac has no pull with them or the licensed nav disk provider, so I don't anticipate it ever getting updated. Your only other option would be to replace it with an aftermarket system, but be prepared to lose steering wheel controls, HUD output, and several other "integrated" functions. The radio is also tied into the Theft Lock system.

OffThaHorseCEO
05-10-11, 03:22 PM
first version of the first gen srx used these units, i believe they changed in 06/07

ThumperPup
05-11-11, 09:05 PM
first gen i think up to 06 used the same as the 02-05 Deville and the 02-04 seville and all the XLR models
why they changed the SRX i don't know the units i think stayed the same they just changed the software firmware and disc for some reason
i think it is possible to change the graphics on a display i thought another meber who is not on the forums anymore had an firmware he gave to someone to put the cadillac home screan crest sighn on there aftermarket unit so i would think maybe there is a way to change the screan on the OEM units but that would take alot of work probably not sure if it could even b done

awaterworld
05-14-11, 02:44 PM
yep,, we are screwed,, paid $102,000 for a car with nav unit worse than a Prius. (the one on my phone kills it) hard to believe I have to go to a car stereo place to get a decent radio,, and spend a ton for them to get it right. Who ever made this decision to put this nav unit into this car,, should no longer have a job.

NightshiftHD
05-19-11, 11:26 PM
yep,, we are screwed,, (snip) Who ever made this decision to put this nav unit into this car,, should no longer have a job.
Totally agree with you on that! I'm still running the 2008 discs that came with the car (there's nothing newer that I know of), but would at least like to hack the NAV system so a passenger can punch in a destination without me having to pull over to do it! Really annoying IMHO. Bill

Ludacrisvp
06-11-11, 02:07 PM
@nightshift - have you looked into the hacks on the Deville units? Hold music note and try different codes 1791 OR 1971 one brings up video and tilt in motion and the other is a diag menu. There might be other codes for your model. In the first route screen menu area press and hold in the bottom right corner of screen for like 10 secs and a hidden menu comes up, press run then the button that's covered mostly by the clock display then you can Nav in motion.

Sent from my unlocked jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1

ccclarke
06-12-11, 01:13 AM
The 1791 Nav unlock code only works for 04-05 and some early production 06 XLRs.

CC