: 44 rims/tires stolen off NEW Escalade's at local dealer---WOW...

BOYCHIKS
05-03-11, 11:01 PM
Yes, I said that right. 11 brand spankin new Escalades, all were 22 inch wheels. They had 2 with the 18's and they left those on...

I've never seen something like this before. And for it to be in this area and at this dealer has me speechless.

I'm friends with the owner and he told me what happened.

They actually pried 2 windows from 2 different cars, removed them, yes they were slightly shattered, and reached in the glove box to get the wheel locks.
What is also interesting is that they stole a rental truck earlier that night in order to put all the rims/tires in.

This all happened Sunday night; Dealership has no camera. I don't believe there is any evidence of who did this, but be on the lookout for some going up for sale. If any one hears anything around these areas, please shoot me a pm..

Oh, and some pictures

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv36/BOYCHIKS/DSC_0088-1.jpg

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv36/BOYCHIKS/DSC_0089-1.jpg

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv36/BOYCHIKS/DSC_0090.jpg

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv36/BOYCHIKS/DSC_0091.jpg

2007XTSDub
05-03-11, 11:10 PM
That's crazy

Sent from Android.

TexFinn
05-03-11, 11:34 PM
Wow...

And nobody saw anything unusual??? I mean..., unless there were several guys doing the work, it must have taken a while to remove and haul them away.

Damn...

I guess the owner will finally break down and get some kind of camera system. Pretty expensive lesson, though...

BTW, if it is not known who did this, how is it known that the same thieves stole the rental truck???

BOYCHIKS
05-04-11, 12:20 AM
Not sure, it was a Sunday night, don't think anyone was out.. This is on the side of the dealership as seen. I would def think it was a few guys doing the job...

Certainly an expensive lesson, but lucky he had plenty of insurance. He mentioned that they thought he was kidding when he called in and said he needed 11 sets of rims/tires. I'm sure a security system will be put up.

It's not certain, but I think there was a camera a somewhere across the street that saw the same stolen truck pulling out of the lot; therefore, there is a good possibly it was the same truck.

Bear
05-04-11, 01:26 AM
What state, city?

BOYCHIKS
05-04-11, 08:19 AM
Richmond, VA

fivepix
05-04-11, 09:46 AM
Wow that really sucks! Definitely a multiple person job those wheels are long gone probably in another state by now.

hannity
05-04-11, 09:52 AM
The quality of those wheels are so cheap I don't see why people would even steal them, but then again people will steal anything no matter how it looks or what it is.

2007XTSDub
05-04-11, 10:54 AM
They may be cheap, but check with the dealer on what they want for a replacement. You will see why they have value on the black market.

Sent from Android.

BOYCHIKS
05-04-11, 11:38 AM
Roughly $1500 from the dealer per rim/tire.

hcvone
05-04-11, 12:04 PM
Wow that is something, probably only had to get into two trucks where they had aftermarket wheels with locks, because we all know they don't come with locks, with battery impact guns and aluminum nascar jacks you could easily get 4 wheels off in less than 5 minutes.

BOYCHIKS
05-04-11, 12:27 PM
Maybe not locks, but the actually ratchet? I'm not 100% sure. My guess to them was an hour. They told me there was no way, but I've seen some forum stories on how quick it could be done.

TexFinn
05-04-11, 12:32 PM
The quality of those wheels are so cheap I don't see why people would even steal them, but then again people will steal anything no matter how it looks or what it is.

Well... I'm sure the thieves didn't care about the quality of the wheels as they're most likely not the ones that will be using them. They just wanted the money they are getting from them from the resellers.

There will be some new 22s for sale on Craigslist somewhere around the country soon. At about 2000 bucks or so per set, it was a pretty good nights worth of job for those involved.

Damn I hate thieves! :mad:

evois
05-04-11, 03:10 PM
our local dealer here had the same experience but not that many. so, all escalades here comes standard with wheels locks!

DONZI54
05-04-11, 04:02 PM
Wow thats something else. Most dealers are pretty well lighted even when closed.

48Dodge
05-04-11, 04:11 PM
Are they sure the wheels didn't just corrode away overnight?

bstiffmanofsteel
05-06-11, 11:11 AM
When I was in high school I was a porter at Elmhurst Ford. We had someone come in and steal all of the spare tires from vans, pick ups, and SUVs over the weekend. The blamed the porters...

BOYCHIKS
05-15-11, 10:43 AM
Looks like they hit again...

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/03/29/35000-in-vehicle-wheels-stolen-from-dealership/

bstiffmanofsteel
05-15-11, 11:34 AM
Damn... They better stop before they get caught! Multiple counties, state lines, it will be some real time now...

TexFinn
05-16-11, 10:27 AM
Looks like they hit again...

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/03/29/35000-in-vehicle-wheels-stolen-from-dealership/

Or actually before... That story is from March.

Joemontesanto
05-16-11, 10:56 AM
Damn!

thatcoder
05-16-11, 10:02 PM
they did hit in MD.. those pictures look like those from the Anne Arundel County Dealership

And the count was more like 17 sets of wheels..

the dealership did have cameras..

the crew was 4 deep with a 30ft box truck to haul the goods.

here's the news article.

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/11633038/detail.html

ETA: this looks like it was 3 yrs ago, but it only recently happened. :shrug:

Big Windy Ext
05-17-11, 07:10 AM
When I was in high school I was a porter at Elmhurst Ford. We had someone come in and steal all of the spare tires from vans, pick ups, and SUVs over the weekend. The blamed the porters...

Then they sold the cars without spares and told customers who discovered they didn't have a spare" It had one when it left here, it must have been stolen from YOU"

BOYCHIKS
05-17-11, 10:19 PM
Well my dealer called me and told me they hit a dealer in Northern VA or Maryland last week, so I did a quick google search and looked for the most recent info.

Either way, the dealership here wasn't on the news and nothing can be found, so it is likely that the other dealer will not be on the news.

StevieT
05-18-11, 12:53 PM
Wonder if the blocks and or sitting on the rotors screwed up any of the underside. Either way I wouldn't want to be sold those trucks.

surburban99
05-21-11, 06:39 PM
Would this damage the frame or chassis?

stikystikyricky
05-21-11, 09:44 PM
haha thats nuts.. well he just got like 20k for those wheels

stikystikyricky
05-21-11, 09:45 PM
If they didnt put the blocks in the proper jack spots it would.. but i doubt they were that nice

stikystikyricky
05-21-11, 09:46 PM
Would this damage the frame or chassis?

If they didnt put the blocks in the proper jack spots it would.. but i doubt they were that nice

(my bad hit the wrong button)

owyz1
05-22-11, 12:56 AM
If anyone on this forum hears from these guys, let me know cause I would like to get a good set of wheels from them at a good price. ;) lol

BOYCHIKS
05-24-11, 09:50 PM
I really wish these guys would get busted...