: Anyone used LPE's 2.35 upper supercharger pulley ?

Engmk
05-03-11, 07:44 PM
I was considering the LPE's 2.35" supercharger pulley and was wondering if anyone have tried it before, and if so what kind of gain was achieved ?
Also, would there be any belt slippage ? do i need a larger Idler pulley?
Thanks

kirbyCTSV
05-03-11, 07:55 PM
someone posted it earlier but i dont think anyone has tried. I would guess it would be equivalent to a 10" lower. prob a higher risk of belt slip. id be interested to hear from someone.

FFBOS
05-03-11, 09:26 PM
I inquired about it before. Being a cheap swap would intrigue me to try it. I imagine a larger idler would help prevent belt slip, but that would cost an extra $70-100.

Its probably worth another 1-2psi?

jrcmlc
05-04-11, 12:07 AM
I called them, they said they hadn't installed one yet and didn't know how they would stop the belt slip, but assured me that they could keep the belt from slipping. They also said they would have to keep the car for 4 days to do it, and that the tuning took an entire day.

LMFAO

Joe

Engmk
05-04-11, 04:30 AM
I inquired about it before. Being a cheap swap would intrigue me to try it. I imagine a larger idler would help prevent belt slip, but that would cost an extra $70-100.

Its probably worth another 1-2psi?

It is pretty much equivalent to a 9.6 ish lower. And even with the idler it stil costs less than the lower pulley, plus u save alot on labor as well.

Engmk
05-04-11, 04:35 AM
I called them, they said they hadn't installed one yet and didn't know how they would stop the belt slip, but assured me that they could keep the belt from slipping. They also said they would have to keep the car for 4 days to do it, and that the tuning took an entire day.

LMFAO

Joe

Thanks for the info, but is there any way to prevent belt slippage other than using a larger idler ? You could of course switch to 10 rib sys but will cost a fortune

kirbyCTSV
05-04-11, 10:41 AM

LMFAO

Joe

4 days?? seems pretty long to put a SC pulley and tune.

BLitzkrieg
05-04-11, 11:30 AM
You would really need to grind down the snout for that.

jrcmlc
05-04-11, 12:03 PM
They said they would probably use a larger idler but they guaranteed it wouldn't slip. I think it's ridiculous that I had to call 3 times just to get them to tell me that they had never installed it. Why in the WORLD would you advertise a product for sale that had never been tested or installed.

I immediately called Jesse and worked up something with him...I'm just having scheduling issues.

Joe

Engmk
05-04-11, 09:37 PM
You would really need to grind down the snout for that.

Why would you need to grind down the snout ?

Engmk
05-04-11, 09:39 PM
They said they would probably use a larger idler but they guaranteed it wouldn't slip. I think it's ridiculous that I had to call 3 times just to get them to tell me that they had never installed it. Why in the WORLD would you advertise a product for sale that had never been tested or installed.

I immediately called Jesse and worked up something with him...I'm just having scheduling issues.

Joe

are you going to have a 2.35 pulley on ? Did LPE tell you what kind of boost level would you expect with the 2.35 ?

jrcmlc
05-04-11, 09:46 PM
No, that's the whole point of my replies is that they are selling something they haven't installed or tested, and they need the car for 4 days, so there isn't even the slightest chance I'll be using LPE.

Joe