: DIY Body repair recommendations

mrl859
05-03-11, 06:24 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9295470@N08/5684405141/in/set-72157626136620823
:crying2:
Last night I dropped a large adjustable wrench on my left sill plate creating the dent illustrated in the link. There is the tip of a business card for size reference. It is on the horizontal surface so I think I can fill it pretty easily and it can only be seen when the door is opened. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas other than bondo which will make an awful mess and foul up the surrounding paint. I'm hoping there is some miracle product that I can use without scuffing the surface all to heck. With the small size, ideally, I would fill it and use touch up paint to cover it. Ideas?

n0s4atu
05-03-11, 08:05 PM
Is it creased or is it just dented (I couldn't tell in the pic)? I ask because if it's just a dent, with no crease, you may get lucky and be able to heat it up with a hair dryer and then spray it with co2 to pop it back out. Sounds rather silly and your dent might be too small and it apparently doesn't work if the metal is creased, but hey it's really cheap to try it.

mrl859
05-03-11, 08:36 PM
It looks like it is just indented. I thought about dry ice. It's right next to a bend though, so I don't know if it will work. When using dry ice, it's best to hold it with your bare fingers or your tongue, right?

mrl859
05-04-11, 12:48 AM
Lay a penny on the dry ice and hold it down. it screamsWill that take the dent out?????

4DoorV
05-04-11, 01:46 PM
Have you pursued the option of "paintless dent repair" (if no paint damage). Had three of these similar dents removed last week using paintless dent repair (mobile contractor, he came to my work and repaired in the parking lot. All dents totally gone, no painting required).

mrl859
05-04-11, 09:50 PM
Have you pursued the option of "paintless dent repair" (if no paint damage). Had three of these similar dents removed last week using paintless dent repair (mobile contractor, he came to my work and repaired in the parking lot. All dents totally gone, no painting required).yes. I had him look at it. There is no access to get at it to straighten from behind.