: 07 escalade shifts too fast? Any help

xdavid1999
05-03-11, 03:53 PM
My escalade has 55k on it. 1st gear nice and smooth. 2nd to 3rd feels like it shifts way too fast out of it? Just had tranny flushed and it still does it. Does anyone else have problems with there tranny that they had fixed or no what to do?

48Dodge
05-03-11, 04:23 PM
My 2-3 shift was awful when I first got my '08 last month. Especially if I accelerated to about 15-20 like into a parking lot. I had the transmission updated at the dealership under the powertrain warranty. All shifts are much smoother now, but the 2-3 shift still feels "un-cadillac-like" at times. I haven't done anything with the fluid, but that's my next move.

xdavid1999
05-03-11, 06:01 PM
How many miles are on yours?

48Dodge
05-03-11, 06:53 PM
95k.

sent from my Droid Incredible

Big Windy Ext
05-04-11, 07:38 AM
There are a few TSBs on the trans . Something about o-rings,reprogramming etc.. My dealer performed the repairs and it smoothed out the 2nd to 3rd flare my truck had . The truck would shift hard,slip or get sloppy between shifts . It now shifts without me noticing any drama. I have to tell Ya' if it wasn't for these forums I would still be driving it that way,it wasn't undriveable,it just wasn't smooth.

48Dodge
05-04-11, 02:51 PM
There are a few TSBs on the trans . Something about o-rings,reprogramming etc.. My dealer performed the repairs and it smoothed out the 2nd to 3rd flare my truck had . The truck would shift hard,slip or get sloppy between shifts . It now shifts without me noticing any drama. I have to tell Ya' if it wasn't for these forums I would still be driving it that way,it wasn't undriveable,it just wasn't smooth.

How long were you tied up in the shop chasing this down? I've already had the TCM reprogrammed, they did the ECM too so it could accept the new TCM program.

Big Windy Ext
05-05-11, 07:56 AM
My truck usually goes in for a minimum of three days , they work off of a laundry list of new and previous problems so how long it takes I couldn't tell you . The biggest improvement was the o-ring TSB for the trans . They do the easy fixes first before doing the o-rings , reprogramming updates etc. . So it took 3 visits and service dept. taking the vehicle home to have it happen for them because it was so intermittent and seemed ok . When it was done you could tell it was working properly right away , seamless shifting ,less hunting or being in wrong gear at the wrong time,flaring and hitting gears a little hard .

48Dodge
05-05-11, 09:04 AM
When it was done you could tell it was working properly right away , seamless shifting ,less hunting or being in wrong gear at the wrong time,flaring and hitting gears a little hard .

Sounds like my symptoms.

xdavid1999
05-06-11, 05:59 PM
SOOO.... Is this covered by the warrenty? I'm only at 55k.... Or will i have to go make a big stink and scene to get this resolved?

48Dodge
05-06-11, 06:30 PM
I stopped by the dealer today to get a key cut and ran into the service guy. Asked him if he knew of any other tsbs out on the transmission (I already knew the answer). Told him I was still having some gears clunking hard especially at low speed or if I push the pedal and immediately let off and also the 2-3 shift was not as smooth. He looked it up and came back with the leaky rings. I've got it going in the shop in a couple weeks. He said it was covered as long as I was under 100k. I already had the reprogramming done at no charge.

Big Windy Ext
05-07-11, 08:08 AM
I hope it does the trick for you , it certainly smoothed out the quirks in mine,the price is right too . Keep us posted I'm sure other people are having this same issue.

xdavid1999
05-07-11, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the help... looks like its time to schedule an appointment.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-12-11, 03:00 PM
I'm glad to see everyone getting covered for this fix. I hope your dealership is able to resolve and repair your vehicle for you xdavid1999. If you get any other issues or have any other questions feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

DDUBB
05-22-11, 02:54 PM
I have this same exact issue. Mostly when i rev it up high, let off the accelerator and then hit the accelerator a couple of seconds later. There is a loud clunk sound coming from the front. I can even feel this in the pedal. I took it to the dealer and was told that they reprogrammed the tranny. Still have the same issue to this day. Not sure what to do.

Big Windy Ext
05-23-11, 07:45 AM
Take it back . My trans wasn't fixed until the third visit . Mention the TSB,that helped in my situation . They will try the simplest approach first,which makes sense,except if it doesn't work they should keep it till they get it right instead of making you bring it back repeatedly .

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-24-11, 11:27 AM
I have this same exact issue. Mostly when i rev it up high, let off the accelerator and then hit the accelerator a couple of seconds later. There is a loud clunk sound coming from the front. I can even feel this in the pedal. I took it to the dealer and was told that they reprogrammed the tranny. Still have the same issue to this day. Not sure what to do.

I would agree with Big Windy Ext to a point. I would take it back into the dealer but I would also get into contact with our Customer Assistance Center to see what we can do to assist the process. Also, I would suggest asking the dealership to get in contact with our Technical Assistance Center as well. The Technical Assistance Center helps our dealers when they are unable to diagnose a vehicle issue and assist in repair procedures as well if the need arises. I hope this helps you. If you would like I can setup a case for you with our Customer Assistance Center with just your name, address and phone number. I hope this helps.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

paul111
06-08-11, 08:03 PM
Have the same issue. It seems to happen when I slow down to about 10 mph and then hit the gas. There is a big jolt, almost like the tranny has downshifted into to low of a gear for the speed the car is at...it then shifts up quiclky creating the jolt. It has been ongoing since i bought the vehicle and the dealer keeps saying it is normal.
Is there a specific TSB number to refer to so i can let the dealer know?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-09-11, 03:22 PM
Paul111,

Unfortunately, I do not have access to TSB information. However, I would advise you to speak with your dealership to confirm if they are aware of a TSB that refers to the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

paul111
06-09-11, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the response Elizabeth.
Found the TSB after doing some browsing
The TSB is
#09-07-30-004B: Flare and/or Harsh 2-3 Shifts (Install Three Fluid Seal Rings) - (May 27, 2010)

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-11, 12:47 PM
Paul111,

I am glad to hear that you found the resolution. Did you get your issue fixed?
Thank you

xdavid1999
06-13-11, 12:25 PM
Went to dealership... Drove the tech around.... He said he could tell it wasn't shifting right.... 3 Hours later I get a call saying nothing is wrong with it... Everything is within spec... And got charge a 69.00 visit... Thanks Larson Cadillac of Fife Wa... At least its documented now, I still got till march of 2012 in case.

sdizzyday
06-27-11, 03:18 PM
Took me 3 visits. My dealer re-programmed - no change. Then replaced o-rings - no change. Another re-programming - fixed the 2-3 shifting issue. I am a happy camper!
Scott

xdavid1999
06-28-11, 10:55 AM
I STILL AM HAVING NO LUCK WITH ANYONE???? Unfortintlly I have not heard back from the customer service lady as she was suposed to call me back last wednesday.... I was asked if I wanted to open aclaim by someone on here and I agreed... They called the dealership and no one will call them back... The claim was pushed to someone higher in customer service that tryed calling the dealership and apparently there not getting called back... I was told that i would hear back from her last wednesday.... No phone call yet almost a week later.... This is the first Cadillac that I have owned. I've owned other GM vehicles and never and any issues. You would think buying this type of luxury that you wouldn't get the run around. The old saying you get what you pay for stops here...

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-28-11, 03:27 PM
xdavid1999,
I just took a peek at your case. I sent out a notification to your Agent to contact you ASAP. I told them you are looking for information and that you really want to know what is going on. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I can understand how frustrating this can be.

Thank you,

xdavid1999
06-29-11, 10:42 AM
Thanks Elizabeth I did end up getting a call shortly after I posted this. She is gonna call me back on thursday now. Thanks for the quick response for help.

funkycold69
08-20-11, 01:01 AM
I'm having the same issue and my dealer wont touch it cause there isnt any check engine lights or codes up. They say this shifting is normal. Did u guys have any codes when this problem was accuring ? Thanks in advance , Mark

xdavid1999
12-15-11, 07:32 PM
I didn't have any codes. The tech plugged in his computer as i drove and he said all the shifts were in spec.... Bullshit! Its a cadillac and like the old saying it rides like a cadillac is wrong! It rides like a 68 dodge... I'm still having the same issues. Going to take it to a differant dealer. I really hope something goes wrong and causes damage to something so i can sue gm. These guys don't have a clue when it comes to customer service. If i can feel it shift like a manual tranny then theres something wrong. I bet if i went to a tranny shop they would agree.

MrHolland
12-15-11, 08:06 PM
Sue GM??? Good one!!! I would encourage you to seek a second opinion.

Ghost Deany
12-15-11, 08:27 PM
The seals/rings fixed mine. Mine was at the dealer for almost 2 weeks. the 2-3 shift was horrible. I told them it was giving a hard shift from 2nd to 3rd. I had a oil pan gasket replaced too under power train. Since it took almost 2 weeks, im not sure weather they tried reprogramming first, then did the seals or what, but the end result was completely smooth shifting. My dealer usually takes care of issues on the first visit 97% of the time, and i try to give them as much info as possible, TSBs, describing the issue. Only time i have a shift issue is sometimes slowing down for a red light and almost coming to a complete stop and the light turns green and getting back on the gas can sometimes give a slight un-smooth 1.

xdavid1999
12-29-11, 07:12 PM
I have given up on Cadillac for now. That escalade is no longer my problem. Pretty sad after less than a year of owning it of the shotty customer service I recieved the whole time. Apparently this is a constant problem people have. Gm is washing there hands of it. I understand there is a spec to follow otherwise you could be fixing everything for no reason? But when you drive two identical escalades and one shifts worse than the other... than theres a problem. Good luck to everyone else who gets no love from Gm.

North49
12-30-11, 02:01 PM
After a few trips with all the seals and programming, my dealer mechanic finally ordered me a new tranny. He consulted with CCS and the regular GMCS at the same time. CCS won out and I am driving on the warranty covered transmission.

All is good when you have the right dealer.

Caddy2489
07-11-13, 08:10 AM
i also am having the same problem but dealer said it would throw a service error code but said nothing is wrong because no code and i even gave them the TSB