: Help for a potential new owner?

Philthy84
05-03-11, 12:54 AM
So I've pretty much decided on trading in my 09 G37 sedan within the next couples months and narrowed my new vehicle choice to the CTS-V sedan. I just wanted some input from current owners about what you like about it and any known problems with the V? I haven't really had any problems with the G37 other then oil changes and what not. I'm just getting tired of it and the CTS-V was always my first choice but they didn't offer it in a automatic back then. So I'm hoping the CTS-V is pretty reliable as well.

Also I live in the Portland, OR area and been searching online for V's but there aren't many local options. What would be the best way for me to get the specific color/options I want? Do I just go to the local Cadillac dealer and have them search for the specific one I want? Price is not too much of an issue but I'm going to assume since the V sedan I want is most likely going to have to be shipped here I wont have much say in getting the sticker price lowered? Any advice as far as what options to get? Also what's the difference between the 2010 model and the 2011? I don't mind getting a 2010 if it saves me a couple grand without any major differences.

Thanks for any help and advice it would be greatly appreciated. I hope to an owner of a V sedan by the 4th of July. :yup:

MReiland
05-03-11, 08:37 AM
Yes, you can go to any Cadillac Dealer and have them try and locate the vehicle that you are looking for. 2011's Come with Cadillac Premium Care http://www.cadillac.com/premium-care/
Ordering has been shut off for 2011's as they are updating the plant for 2012's right now, expect the ordering system to start again in late June some time.

Domsz06
05-03-11, 08:50 AM
they are a sweet car! ;)

You will love it. NO comparisson from your g37

aj660
05-03-11, 11:09 AM
I suggest spending a lot of time reading old posts/threads. I learned a lot before I took the plunge and reading helped me make decisions with 6sp vs auto, recaros vs no recaros, exhaust choices, and other mod decisions etc..

nobody99
05-03-11, 11:26 AM
I just picked up my V coupe on Friday. I switched from a 2008 G37-S coupe, so very similar to your situation.

The CTS-V is a HUGE upgrade from the G37, you'll love it.

serturbo
05-03-11, 01:23 PM
Wow, a good number of peeps that are making the similar switch overs. I'll be trading my 2010 370Z Sport for a 2011 V coupe.

Philthy84
05-03-11, 02:45 PM
Thx for the replies ya I still like my G but lately I've been getting bored with it. Decided the V would give me the best bang for my buck with the type or performance I want.

baabootoo
05-04-11, 01:01 AM
I had an M45, and NO comparison. I had problems with mine also. I have not had ANY of the issues others have spoken about either.

tinman
05-04-11, 03:37 PM
A few folks complain about the sunroofs leaking.