: Second row bench....

darhef
05-02-11, 08:45 PM
Does the second row bench have occupant air bag sensors? It may just be coincidence but, I have a service airbag message and light on my dash, and when I opened the rear door and leaned on the second row driver side seat to turn off the rear entertainment, the light and message went away!!...I shut the truck off and started it again, and the light and message came back on, so I leaned on the seat again and it went out!?! My other question would be, how does one remove the plastic bottom of the seat to access the sensor(if there is one) without breaking something?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-04-11, 05:41 PM
darhef, I would like to forward your question on to our Technical Assistance team for a better answer than what I can give you at this time. If you could send me your name and VIN I will get this forwarded to them as soon as I can. I am unsure if they would be able to answer your second question unfortunately. I hope this helps you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

darhef
05-04-11, 07:49 PM
darhef, I would like to forward your question on to our Technical Assistance team for a better answer than what I can give you at this time. If you could send me your name and VIN I will get this forwarded to them as soon as I can. I am unsure if they would be able to answer your second question unfortunately. I hope this helps you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Jeff,
FYI, I had brought it to the shop and had the tech II read the codes, I have a B0090 code with symptom 71. from what I can understand it's the left front restraint (seat belt) sensor, possibly?
As for the rear seat, I'm not sure how to explain that???...lol...But I will inbox you my VIN to investigate further.

Thanks,
Darryl

darhef
05-04-11, 08:22 PM
Now all I have to do is find out where the sensors are so I can check the connections...lol

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-06-11, 03:49 PM
I'll be waiting for your response. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer