: Removing radio from 94 FWB

ddaunis
10-10-04, 01:34 AM
I just got a 94 FWB - a dream come true. Does anybody know how to take a radio out of a 94 Fleetwood Brougham. I am afraid to touch the dash and just pull on the covering which someone suggested. I need to get the cd part repaired and I would prefer to do that instead of having the unit replaced. But to do that I will have to remove and reinstall it myself.

FASSTWOOD
10-10-04, 02:47 AM
You have to pop the top imitation wood piece first it just pulls off. then you'll see two 7mm screwa that were behind that wood that hold the bezel around the acc and radio. the bottom of the bezel pops out like the wood did...

Then you'll see 4 7mm screws holding the radio in place. Remove those and your done...

ddaunis
10-10-04, 03:07 PM
Thanks, I will try that and let you know how it goes

ddaunis
10-10-04, 07:58 PM
When you pop off the woodgrain trim, do you try to pull it off evenly or do you start at one end or do you pull from the bottom or the top?

509Rider
10-10-04, 08:11 PM
Yes start at one end, be very careful not to pull to hard, some of the clips that hold it to the dash may stay in the dash be careful not to push them through or they will get lost in the dash. I would imagine you are putting a stereo in it it is a pain in the ass.

ddaunis
10-10-04, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the additional info. I will try it first thing in the morning. :bouncy: