: XM Weather displays "No Data"

mrl859
05-02-11, 04:44 PM
I juts realized that my XM Weather has never worked. XM sent a refresh signal with no joy. XM radio and traffic work fine. Anyone?

JOEYCTS-V
05-02-11, 04:56 PM
Get used to it. Mine used to work when XM refreshed it but they would of had to do it every time I got in the car. There has been other threads on this topic. Bottom line: XM Weather doesn't work in these cars.

whytediamond
05-02-11, 05:11 PM
Mine worked when I first picked up my car but showed data for Niagara Falls and i'm in Oshawa so 2 hours away. Now it does not work at all.

PhxTriode
05-02-11, 07:08 PM
mine rarely works and it is not like this is a small town.

My wifes infinity works everywhere

vseries
05-02-11, 09:26 PM
Mine is spotty too , what's funny is the extended forecast works at times when the current does not ?? I always try weird things like going in and out of nav,traffic then back but no luck . Seems to work when it wants to

Mike TexaSS
05-02-11, 10:02 PM
Mine too.....

mrl859
05-03-11, 09:33 AM
Update:I called XM last night and they informed me that the dealer set up my trial period for XM Radio and Traffic only. They never set me up for weather!

JOEYCTS-V
05-03-11, 12:15 PM
That's irrelevant. It still won't work properly after they activate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrl859
05-03-11, 05:25 PM
While that's most likely accurate, it definitely won't work if it's not enabled.

lawfive
05-07-11, 06:04 PM
Mine works. It takes a while after I start the car before the info shows up. I suspect it takes them a while to GPS locate me then send me the digital burst.

SleepTight
05-07-11, 06:32 PM
Mine's activated and paid for up through the next year. It still always shows "No Data" for current weather. Extended forecast occasionally works. On the other hand, XM's dedicated NYC traffic and weather works fine and does the same thing.

whytediamond
05-07-11, 07:16 PM
Had the dealer do a refresh through the USB port and still no dice......I want a refund!!!! lol.

rgalpaugh
05-17-11, 11:33 AM
Same situation for me. Funny though that during the free trial period it worked perfectly every time. I've wasted more than 2 hours with XM whose responses have ranged from I don't know, to your radio doesn't support that function (worked during the trial) to 5 refreshes none of which have worked. Next call is to get a refund for the weather portion and if that doesn't work I'll just cancel XM altogether although I do like the audio portion...just can't take the frustration.

EVIL_C5
05-17-11, 11:48 AM
I enjoy the audio from XM, but its almost not worth the headache dealing with them. I have been a customer since 2001, and every year the bill seems to creep up, and every year I have to call and threaten to cancel to get the bill back down to an affordable level. just this past weekend, i removed 2 radios from my account that were in cars I dont even own anymore, and I got shuffled around on the phone for almost 30 min.

between my iphone and the usb input in the V, I might seriously not renew the V when its up in a month or so.

mwinter175
07-17-11, 02:12 PM
I was at my local dealer the other day for an oil change on my 2011 CTS Coupe & enquired about a software update for the XM radio weather feature. There is a bulletin out on the issue.. # PI0186D: XM Radio Weather Inoperative or Delay in Displaying Weather and/or Phone Icon Remains Displayed after Completing OnStar or Personal Cell Phone Bluetooth Call -(Feb 28, 2011). Models effected are 2008-2011 Cadillac CTS, CTS-V, CTS Sport Wagon, CTS Coupe (US Only) and equipped with Radio RPO UAV and vehicles Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint B0130451. I'm going to have the update installed next week andwill provide status on wether it works

spind
07-17-11, 03:06 PM
My 2011 coupe xm weather worked for 1week, then 'no data'. Called xm who told me 'not available in canada'. Sounds suspect. Will try refresh as others have to see if there is any change.

baabootoo
07-17-11, 03:28 PM
Does the XM Traffic work ok though? I'm about to order it for a trip but now I wonder. thanks.

jb_bgg
07-17-11, 03:30 PM
So far I've had no issues with traffic or weather in my '09, both work fine here in So CA.... (knock on wood)

vseries
07-17-11, 07:05 PM
Traffic works fine , weather is inconsistent

spind
07-17-11, 09:54 PM
An xm 'refresh' did not restore weather functionality. Traffic has always worked although I am yet to receive any useful info for routes north of Toronto.

baabootoo
07-18-11, 01:09 AM
Traffic works fine , weather is inconsistent

thanks.

jzchen
07-18-11, 03:02 AM
I think weather, like traffic, might not be available in all locations? Anyone with issues about increasing pricing on the radio portion can inquire about their lifetime subscription. I would never have paid for xm or sirius if they hadn't had this available.

cbloveday
07-18-11, 03:43 AM
Weather takes about 10-15 minutes after ignition cycle on my car.

Traffic works fine.

I too had to call XM after the trial period and sign up for both services.