: Borla needs a bone stock CTS-V Sedan like yesterday, owner gets FREE FULL system!!!

GM-4-LIFE
05-02-11, 04:25 PM
Borla called me and said they need a 2009-2011 CTS-V BONE STOCK Sedan ASAP, like YESTERDAY! They have a lead on a bone stock V Sedan, but they can't get the owner of that car to get them the car until next week. Due to their tight scheduling constraints, they need a car ASAP! They would like to get a car to use for test fitments by tomorrow!

If anyone in the local So Cal area can part with their car for a few days, they will get a FREE Borla exhaust system valued at: $1599.95.

If you are interested, don't wait! Call Alvin at Borla for details at: 805-246-6038 or email him at: ALVINT@BORLA.COM

Hope this helps someone get a FREE awesome exhaust system on their V Sedan. MUST BE BONE STOCK!

Domsz06
05-02-11, 04:43 PM
darn wish I was still in so cal they could use mine.

JOEYCTS-V
05-02-11, 04:49 PM
I'm a little confused. Doesn't Borla already make a system for the sedan? If I lived close I would give them mine.

Domsz06
05-02-11, 04:57 PM
I'm a little confused. Doesn't Borla already make a system for the sedan? If I lived close I would give them mine.

yeah they do, but by full I wonder if they are going to make headers too...

oh well doesn't matter to us. If they wanna fly to houston I have a full shop they can use lol :)

tabio42
05-02-11, 04:57 PM
For info, they need a car for about a week and a half.

JOEYCTS-V
05-02-11, 04:59 PM
Can you tell them I'm STILL waiting for a decent sound clip/video of the V Sedan with Borla?!?! :)

GM-4-LIFE
05-02-11, 05:06 PM
They have an existing V Sedan system, but I think they need a car for test fitment for a project they are working on. Either way, it doesn't really matter as you get a whole new cat-back system.

Rule12b
05-02-11, 06:14 PM
They could have mine but not until Monday as the radiator is being repaired from a duck strike. Bummer.

GM-4-LIFE
05-02-11, 06:46 PM
They could have mine but not until Monday as the radiator is being repaired from a duck strike. Bummer.

I would still contact them. What if the owner of the car they have in mind falls through? You can be a back-up.

jb_bgg
05-02-11, 07:00 PM
A duck strike?!? wow... what did THAT do to your grill?

Rule12b
05-02-11, 07:09 PM
The duck punched right through the lower grill and damaged the lower radiator and caused a coolant leak. Car is 400 miles away in Yuba City for the repairs. Otherwise I'd have been ALL over this, like today. Rotten luck.:nono: Here you can see I actually had to pull the carcass out of the grill. I wondered why people were getting out of my way so swiftly. . .
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/Rule12b/photo4.jpg

hlantin
05-02-11, 07:24 PM
man, what luck! you weren't kidding about the duck. as v-twin said, you should call just in case. i'd jump on this but i like the sound of the stocker exhaust..

jb_bgg
05-02-11, 07:51 PM
I talked to Alvin; system they're installing for the use of the car is cat back. I'm headed to No CA Thursday; otherwise I'd consider it. I'm not yet sure I want to convert from stock either...

flyingv
05-02-11, 09:36 PM
I just emailed him, hopefully they can use mine. BTW I used to drive by your shop all the time when my fiance lived in Sherman Oaks.
Thanks for the heads up.

GM-4-LIFE
05-03-11, 01:17 AM
I just emailed him, hopefully they can use mine. BTW I used to drive by your shop all the time when my fiance lived in Sherman Oaks.
Thanks for the heads up.

It was my pleasure. I am always glad to help Borla and my fellow V brothers, of course!

GM-4-LIFE
05-03-11, 05:15 PM
Borla just informed me that one of you has been generous enough to offer up your V Sedan to them for use. Looks like we can put this one to rest.

I am sure whoever it was on the forum will chime in once they get the system on the car. I am sure Borla will also make a stock vs. Borla video like they did on the V Coupe system.

JOEYCTS-V
05-03-11, 05:36 PM
If they do make a video they will most likely have another customer. ;)

GM-4-LIFE
05-03-11, 07:23 PM
If you want a Borla system, we can order you one! Just let us know! We are their closest working distributor!

flyingv
05-04-11, 12:53 AM
Dropped off my car today. I would probably have it back around Friday of next week. From what Alvin said today, the current system they offer for the V2 is technically an off-road system because it deletes the secondary cat/bullet muffler making the cars non emissions compliant. They are thinking about making a legal system, for those of us that care about the feds ;) I personally have their mufflers on 2 other cars and love them. He said they plan on doing a before and after dyno on the system also. I will keep everybody posted and shoot some pictures of what I end up with.
Thanks again!

King335i
05-05-11, 06:38 PM
Is this possibly the ATAK application being developed for the V?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GM-4-LIFE
05-05-11, 07:15 PM
Is this possibly the ATAK application being developed for the V?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Doubtful. Borla doesn't want to go crazy loud on a Caddy. Borla's head of R&D told me that himself. The Borla V Coupe cat-back system I have on my V Coupe is plenty loud enough. Trust me on that. It is perfect! I would highly recommend it!

Jpjr
05-05-11, 10:12 PM
wow so two years later they are making the kit that i waited months for in the beginning before giving up...

GM-4-LIFE
05-05-11, 11:29 PM
wow so two years later they are making the kit that i waited months for in the beginning before giving up...

Borla has had a V Sedan kit out for over a year now. They are working on a different project for the car. You can buy the V Sedan cat-back kit now.

Supervisor
05-25-11, 05:40 PM
Any updates with this?

econley
05-27-11, 08:05 PM
CTS-V system sounds great. They involved me in the R&D and put one on for free a few weeks ago. GM Performance asked them to design "touring" and "sport" versions for the Coupe and sedan. Not sure when it goes into the calendar, but the touring sounds great.

JOEYCTS-V
05-27-11, 11:01 PM
When will the touring be available for the sedan?

jb_bgg
05-28-11, 04:17 AM
econley, do you have a vid/sound clip on this by chance? Few of us would like to see/hear it; thanks!

econley
05-31-11, 08:54 PM
econley, do you have a vid/sound clip on this by chance? Few of us would like to see/hear it; thanks!

I don't. Not sure if I have decent audio equipment to pull that off and give a realistic sense of the sound. I could certainly snap a picture and post it.

TheSpungos
06-16-11, 04:28 PM
Bump....

Anyone have any idea on the timing of the "touring" system for the sedan?

Cub Cadet
06-16-11, 07:43 PM
Not sure, but I know that Stainless Works will have their complete systems available shortly!!

Rule12b
06-16-11, 09:55 PM
Not sure, but I know that Stainless Works will have their complete systems available shortly!!

No offense but we've been reading this from you since last year it seems. On another point however, why is it that there are NO CLIPS OF THE BORLA ON A SEDAN other than the dyno pull I've seen around. I'd probably pull the trigger if I could find even one since my B&B sucks so badly. I won't even sell my B&B as I can't do so conscionably.

Cub Cadet
06-17-11, 11:09 AM
None taken. My car has been at Stainless Works for the last 4 weeks so that they can do the header fit, and exhaust fit. I told them to take their time so that we get the very best product for the CTS-V. From what I know, the headers are designed, mounted and the exhaust was still in fabrication. My estimate is that I will have the car back in 2 weeks. Once I get the car back, you will have an instant sound clip. Stainless Works will also do a high quality sound clip that will detail before, after, and what the exhaust looks like. Next, I will get the car back on the dyno and make three more pulls so that you guys can see the power gains made. Next, I am going to have that shop dyno tune the car for that combo and I will get the most out of my particular combination.