: [Help] Stabilitrak Off , Service traction control , Reduced power mode issue .

skoobz
05-02-11, 02:03 PM
Cts-v Coupe
Auto
Stock - unless corsa sport muffler counts .

A scenario would be , putting it on 3rd , and as soon as it starts reaching high rpm - not a specific rpm maybe 4 maybe 5 - it Starts saying Stabiltrak off , Service traction control , and if am lucky it wont go into the reduced power mode .

Another one would be , at certain speeds like 90 if am just driving normally , it starts throwing just the Service traction control and Stabiltrak going off .

If it didnt go into reduced power mode , the Stabiltrak and STC goes off by switching the car off and on again .

IN BETWEEN , if am lucky it wont even throw any msg even if i got it to 185 .

It was just serviced at 9,000 , its still in the repair shop , but I just wanted to know if anyone had any similar experience and how did they solve it ?

I kinda miss my car and really don't want to leave it there for long , I started hating all the other cars I have , and that coupe is simply my new love : P .

EVIL_C5
05-02-11, 02:11 PM
its probably an electrical problem with a connector somewhere. my C5 had a melted O2 wire and threw all kinds of codes and went to reduced power.

the dealer should be able to plug in the tech2 and figure out exactly what the problem is in a short time.

skoobz
05-02-11, 02:19 PM
I hope its just a wire or electrical problem , i read somewhere while searching that it was related to throttle body , which i really hope its not , and if it did , i might end up waiting a month for them to get it for me ........................................

and i think they already did check and nothing showed up .

MReiland
05-02-11, 02:50 PM
Your dealer has access to the same info that I do, there is also a PI related to debris in one of the wheel speed sensors that will throw the codes for Stabilitrak and Traction Control.

Ross L
05-02-11, 03:30 PM
Mine needed a new TCM when it was doing something like that.
Ross

jbohiostatetx
05-25-11, 09:34 PM
My 2008 escalade does the same thing. It flashes the stabilitak off, and the navigation shuts down at the same time. Once the navigation/cd player come back online the cd won't play until I turn it off and on. I'm taking it to the dealer in Saturday. Any ideas?

cvs
11-21-11, 04:23 PM
Did you ever find out what was causing this issue? Just had snow tires installed on my car and it started doing the same thing. I've only had a week so this is not a good start.

Thrill6
11-21-11, 08:50 PM
Did you ever find out what was causing this issue? Just had snow tires installed on my car and it started doing the same thing. I've only had a week so this is not a good start.

More than likley yours is a wheel speed sensor issue. When putting on new tires, they either damaged the sensor or the wiring. A scan tool will tell exactly which sensor isn't working from the codes.

cvs
11-22-11, 04:59 PM
After looking at the car for most of the day they are telling me it's the accelerator pedal sensor that is causing the problem. The part is on order and will arrived tomorrow. Not sure how that is linked to new snow tires. Maybe it's just dumb luck that it happened after the tires were changed. Anyone else run across this problem?

cvs
11-26-11, 10:53 AM
A new accelerator pedal sensor did the trick. The car is back to it's usual level of performance.