: 472 or 500 wanted

CAD POWERED!!!
10-09-04, 11:28 PM
any body got a 472 or 500 in so. california ,that works, for sale???

lux hauler
10-09-04, 11:36 PM
There's a NOS Caddy engine on eBay right now.....item # 7927136879

ws6_jeff
10-10-04, 06:13 PM
I have a 74' fleetwood brougham in excellent condition for sale. New Paint and Interior in last 3 years. Engine is 472, runs great. I know you just need an engine but if your interested let me know. Located in Yuma, AZ

Spyder
10-11-04, 03:16 AM
I'm about a hundred miles N. of Sacramento, I've got a 472 in a '72 Eldo...it runs pretty good, carb work needs to be done, tranny leaks fluid but shifts fine when its got fluid in it...I dunno what you plan on doing, but if you have a way to come get it, it'd be a real cheap deal for you...It's been sitting for about 8 months or so, was going to be a project, but ran out of space for vehicles, so I parked it at my friends house six or eight months ago and it hasn't moved since...I'd put new power steering parts on it and then dropped it off there...it did run strong, had 'er opened up once or twice and it didn't have any knocks. Let me know!

CAD POWERED!!!
10-12-04, 05:14 PM
well how much are u asking ??i have to see if its worth going all the way out there.

Spyder
10-13-04, 03:10 AM
make an offer...I wouldn't recommend driving it all the way down there...tires are not the greatest and it definately needs some tuning work...I've been half thinking about making a derby car, as the body and interior are not in really good shape and parts of the dash are missing... private message me if you need any more info on it...

barge master
10-13-04, 07:56 AM
Spyder, if that engine's the original in your Eldo, it should be a 500.

Spyder
10-13-04, 12:03 PM
Hell, even better! I dunno...I drove just drove it for a coupla weeks and got tired of paying for all the fuel. I thought that the '72 Eldo had a 472...Guess I'm wrong though...I'll go and check it out if CAD POWERED wants me to, but I know its one of the two.

CAD POWERED!!!
10-13-04, 02:58 PM
well yeah if its a 500 even better.but you should telll me about how much your looking for it ??so i can get an idea on how much im going to waste.

ws6_jeff
10-13-04, 07:03 PM
74' with a 472 still available. I am in Yuma, its about 2.5 hours or so east of San Diego. So not to far from you. Email me jsbaker31@yahoo.com for more info if interested.

Spyder
10-13-04, 11:57 PM
Hell...how's two fifty sound? That'll recover my cost for the new drag link and the used tires I put on it to get it home...I could probably email you a pic of the outside of the car if you wanted...don't think I have any of the inside? If you just want the motor though, ya probably don't care about the body and interior...

CAD POWERED!!!
10-15-04, 04:24 PM
well if i could get just the engine i would go pick it up

Spyder
10-16-04, 12:21 AM
It's still in the car...If you want to rip it out, your more than welcome to it. I can donate the rest of the car to a local wrecking yard around here. I'll have to talk to my buddy and see if he's got it parked where we can get to it or if I'd have to move anything around...I'll get back to you in a day or three on that.

Spyder
10-26-04, 02:49 AM
Hey Cad Powered, so I take it this means you're not interested in my motor? :( It'll be around till winters over, most likely, if you're unable to find one closer to you. Let me know!

CAD POWERED!!!
10-29-04, 03:34 PM
the truth is the drive over there is what i dont like especially with $2.50 gas prices.if i dont find one nearer ill let u know.