: V Coupe Mid-Pipe..

King335i
05-01-11, 10:43 PM
Does anyone make one currently for the coupe? I'm looking for a catless set up with an x-pipe.

King335i
05-02-11, 12:03 AM
I would go with a custom shop, but they won't do a catless pipe...

jspridge
05-02-11, 09:32 AM
Borla is preparing a mid-pipe that will delete the secondary cats. Look for that in the next couple of weeks.

Domsz06
05-02-11, 11:42 AM
I would go with a custom shop, but they won't do a catless pipe...

guess your going to the wrong shops.

There has got to be one around. You can get one made anywhere you want here. Are you really gonna go totally catless or just the second one's?

I had no cats on my z06 and never again. I put HFC's back in so it didn't stink anymore.

Mikevette
05-02-11, 06:15 PM
I went to my local Muff guy who made me customs replacements pips for both sides from the FWD cats and deleted the rears cats back to the H pipe. All for $180.00 and the V sounds great with a slight louder runmble at idle. I did this same pipe replacement Mod on my 09 V sedan and loved it. find yourself a good muffler shop and this guy will save you a bunch of cash and keep your V looking stock while looking at the exhaust while V is on a lift. Try this before you spend a butt load of cash for a system you don't want.

Just my .02 Let me know if want to see some pic's, I'll have to send them to your eamil account. Don't know how to post them on the forum.

Mike P.

hemi2LS
05-02-11, 08:20 PM
I purchased some cat delete pipes from Jesse "wait4me" a couple of weeks ago. You should talk to him and see if he has any in.

King335i
05-02-11, 08:24 PM
Well the shop I went to is known around here for doing custom exhaust jobs for mostly higher end cars and muscle cars (modern or classic). They told me straight away that they wouldn't do anything catless unless I signed a liability form and had my car towed in on a trailer. Obviously they had an experience that left a bad taste in their mouth.

In any case, I will have to check some other spots around here. The shop that I went to wanted $2,900 for the Kooks headers, a custom mid-pipe, and install of both. To me that seems exorbitantly high, I will definitely be looking elsewhere.

I am not going to go totally catless, I only want to delete the secondary cats. Did you not like it simply because of the drone? the smell?

guess your going to the wrong shops.

There has got to be one around. You can get one made anywhere you want here. Are you really gonna go totally catless or just the second one's?

I had no cats on my z06 and never again. I put HFC's back in so it didn't stink anymore.

King335i
05-02-11, 08:25 PM
I'm not sure the same ones work on the sedan as well as the coupe.

I purchased some cat delete pipes from Jesse "wait4me" a couple of weeks ago. You should talk to him and see if he has any in.

Domsz06
05-02-11, 08:32 PM
Well the shop I went to is known around here for doing custom exhaust jobs for mostly higher end cars and muscle cars (modern or classic). They told me straight away that they wouldn't do anything catless unless I signed a liability form and had my car towed in on a trailer. Obviously they had an experience that left a bad taste in their mouth.

In any case, I will have to check some other spots around here. The shop that I went to wanted $2,900 for the Kooks headers, a custom mid-pipe, and install of both. To me that seems exorbitantly high, I will definitely be looking elsewhere.

I am not going to go totally catless, I only want to delete the secondary cats. Did you not like it simply because of the drone? the smell?

i currently have my secondary cats delated and it's no smell at all. Bought g-force mikes for like 200. I didn't like my z06 catless cuz it was so god awful smelly.

If your just removing the secondary cats there is no issue with emission. Your shop should do it no prob, as it doesn't affect it, and from what I thought I read they are not really cats, but more like "resonators" Don't go to your "high end shop" go to a middle range, talk to the guys and I bet they will do it. The high end shops won't mess with you.

and yeah 2900 for headers and a mid pipe does sound high considering they can get the headers for around 1400 (or less) and it's not that much to fab up the x-pipe.

aj660
05-02-11, 08:44 PM
If you get any headers, then they will come with the high flow cats and x-pipe. That's why I didn't go with Corsa; I wanted a Cat-back system not axle-back.