: Cargo door latch spring loaded flap door fell off (in)

garytexas
05-01-11, 11:09 PM
Well this is annoying. So, this is the little plastic spring loaded door that closes out around the rear hatch latch, bottom center of the door opening. After I pulled the trim off to see if I could just snap it back on I found that making two small cuts in the plastic where the spring rests allowed the spring to help hold the door in place so it doesn't happen again.

To get the whole trim piece off you have to loosen the two end and left and right mid cargo rail screws (if installed) and unscrew two long plastic (square drive) screws at each corner of the trim piece. There are also 6 push type trim snaps that just pop loose. Once off, you can flop the whole piece over and reinstall the spring loaded door.

coolbeans
05-02-11, 05:54 PM
If that ever happens, I now know a bit more about it, thanks!!

Smokin' SRX
05-09-11, 11:56 PM
Thx for sharing!

SS

jwstevens5
11-02-14, 06:13 PM
Hi, I just bought a used 2010 SRX, I noticed a plastic flap that fits over the trunk latch that looks like it has a spring to be able to push it down for some reason.

Well... mine came apart and is just loose in the hole, and I cannot figure out how to get it back into place.

Anyone know what the purpose of this is, and/or how to put it back in?

Thanks

300:29:1
11-02-14, 06:23 PM
Several have posted about this issue, including myself. I had the dealer reinstall it for me, but a search here should yield instructions to reseat it.

zwiefela
11-03-14, 12:47 PM
When we bought our 2011 SRX (used), the trunk latch flap always stayed down. The dealer replaced it under warranty, which was nice because they replaced the entire panel with the metal skid plates (which were scratched to hell by the previous owner). After a year it is starting to get weak again and doesn't come back up all the way. I'll have to see if I can find those instructions too.

----------

I found this, which may be what you and I are looking for:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/228956-cargo-door-latch-spring-loaded-flap.html

jwstevens5
11-04-14, 10:48 PM
Thank you! This helps

packardv8
11-04-14, 11:18 PM
Eventually they all do that.

jack vines

TheCaptain
11-07-14, 12:42 PM
Welcome jwstevens5! As other members have pointed out, please do a search of the forums before posting new threads. This helps make future searches easier.