: Better radiator fans

shade
05-01-11, 08:17 PM
Are there any options to put fans in that flow more CFM than the stockers?

baabootoo
05-02-11, 12:37 AM
Meaning because yours don't work well enough?

DrumStix
05-02-11, 12:52 AM
He lives in like death valley or something. :) (Phx)

I've used a couple different types on some of my cars. You might find a nice pair of 3000+ CFM units from Black Magic or something. They will draw some power though.

PhxTriode
05-02-11, 11:02 AM
He lives in like death valley or something. :) (Phx)

I've used a couple different types on some of my cars. You might find a nice pair of 3000+ CFM units from Black Magic or something. They will draw some power though.

Yep and the heat is coming may clip 100f this week

Razorecko
05-02-11, 11:15 AM
A good venting hood is something we also need. Katech has that nice one on the race V so I dont understand why they don't make a production one for us when they already have a mold.

PhxTriode
05-02-11, 12:29 PM
LPE has one in carbon or glass

PremierJosh
05-02-11, 12:35 PM
If you change them out make sure you have a real nice shroud made. I have never paid attention to our radiator but is ours the same size as what comes in the camaro or is ours larger. Is there any reason to look into a larger multi core radiator?

Ross L
05-02-11, 12:47 PM
D3 makes a great looking upgraded radiator. Anyone use it?

shade
05-02-11, 04:42 PM
Not necessarily interested in a larger radiator but I am looking to cool other things better such as the intercooler and condensor :)
It gets hot in hell.
Ill do some research but a drop in fan that flows higher is what would be beneficial. Maybe to others as well....

Domsz06
05-02-11, 04:50 PM
Not necessarily interested in a larger radiator but I am looking to cool other things better such as the intercooler and condensor :)
It gets hot in hell.
Ill do some research but a drop in fan that flows higher is what would be beneficial. Maybe to others as well....

I doubt a fan does any good to you at all. I think there are too many other issues retaining heat in the engine and what not then the fan will overcome. I think you would be better off to open up area's or remove plastics, get more flowing through there. Have you looked at how tight everything is? I'd bet a vented hood, or more air coming in ie pull some of the lower cowel towel black crap off so it flows. I could be wrong and maybe I am but I bet if you take temp readings now and after your fans you don't/can't tell any difference.

Razorecko
05-02-11, 05:23 PM
I see cooling wise the hood > fans. Both in combination would be the best setup. I know LPE has the specter werks hood but lets face it, that thing is not pretty.

DrumStix
05-02-11, 10:24 PM
D3 makes a great looking upgraded radiator. Anyone use it?

At lot of their pictures look good but the question in your post is KEY!

Domsz06
05-02-11, 11:13 PM
At lot of their pictures look good but the question in your post is KEY!

bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! :stirpot: