: Another Platinum conversion

bbshriver
05-01-11, 07:43 PM
Got my Platinum grille a couple of days ago. Installed with no problems at all in about 30min.

On another note, anyone that wants my old grille, I'd be willing to sell it. Still have the box the new one was shipped in.

SlickCityStan
05-01-11, 09:54 PM
Now that's how a Cadillac is supposed to look!:thumbsup: Looking Good!:yup:

chazglenn3
05-01-11, 10:00 PM
Nice! I still haven't confirmed the availability of these in ACC trim...

caddyfat2
05-02-11, 09:29 AM
I have already checked that out and theres no Platinum grille with ACC so anyone with ACC is out of luck.

RippyPartsDept
05-02-11, 11:06 AM
there are a couple E&G grilles available from Vogue

at least I know Vogues has them (since we sell Vogue parts) I would assume other places E&G can be purchased would have them as well.

bbshriver
05-02-11, 01:28 PM
I have already checked that out and theres no Platinum grille with ACC so anyone with ACC is out of luck.

Wouldn't the platinum edition have come with ACC? That seems odd.

On another note, I'm thinking of adding a classified for my old grille... any idea what reasonable listing price is for it?

EChas3
05-02-11, 09:01 PM
Platinum models 2008 & up could get ACC. 2005-7 owners having ACC would need to upgrade the whole front bumper cover to get the Platinum grille.

chazglenn3
05-02-11, 11:50 PM
Well that isn't going to happen.

bbshriver
05-03-11, 09:19 AM
Platinum models 2008 & up could get ACC. 2005-7 owners having ACC would need to upgrade the whole front bumper cover to get the Platinum grille.

So you couldn't get ACC in the top-range model, but could get it in others? Weird..

Subsailor613
05-03-11, 12:15 PM
Great Grille, Did you install it yourself, What's involved, would be of interest
to me, and maybe some more of us.:stirpot:
NO-ONE seems to even mention the rear of these vehicles, I really like the
DTS rear, as it puts the license plate on the bumper, and OFF the trunk,
and it seems there is room to put the backup lights on either side of the plate !
as the STS does NOT have backup lights "IN" the tailights.:stirpot:
Ques: Would the DTS trunk lid fit the STS, the rest seems easy. :stirpot:
Well, Easy means No body work involved, other than painting.

bbshriver
05-03-11, 12:24 PM
I did install it myself.. there is a write up elsewhere on the site. If you're interested though I could take some photos of the areas you need to look for.

Took me <30min, only tool needed was a flatblade screwdriver.

DTS trunk isn't going to fit STS... it's much longer.

madmanmogan
05-03-11, 02:24 PM
How much was the grill and where did you get it. U happen to have a part number? Either way it looks great alot better than the OEM grill.

bbshriver
05-03-11, 02:47 PM
9021417 from GMpartsdirect.com Just under $300 including tax+shipping.

RippyPartsDept
05-03-11, 05:08 PM
I sell that part for a bit more than 'just under' $300 ... depends on the shipping ... it's $278 + shipping

1BadCadSTS
05-03-11, 06:08 PM
The reason why there isnt a 07 (1st year for plat) plat grille with acc is because the STS Plat Ed grille is from the Chinese SLS. The box itself also shows this with all the Chinese charactors on it. To dress up the plat they simply imported the grille and installed it instead. In China I believe there is a law against ACC which is why the option doesnt exist for them.

If anyones interested I am actually replacing my plat grille off my 05 1SG with a E&G mesh by Friday, it has maybe 5000 miles on it and will let it go rather than have it clutter up my basement.

RippyPartsDept
05-03-11, 06:17 PM
currently GM has a backorder situation with this part ... there is a shipment but no tentative date or quantity

one dealer has this grille in stock (so there's a very slight chance that we can get one)

Subsailor613
05-03-11, 09:57 PM
I did install it myself.. there is a write up elsewhere on the site. If you're interested though I could take some photos of the areas you need to look for.

Took me <30min, only tool needed was a flatblade screwdriver.

DTS trunk isn't going to fit STS... it's much longer.

Hey bbshriver, thanks for that info, Much appreciated. :worship::worship::highfive::highfive:

malatu
05-04-11, 10:22 AM
Stock is King! .... but that is on modification I would consider. Very nice looking grill!