: How often do you post?

billc83
05-01-11, 01:01 PM
I'm not talking about post count.

I've been thinking about how to word this question for a while; I think it would make an interesting topic for discussion.

What sparked this question was the revelation that I often will start a post, but then decide against it for some reasons. Persons knowing my M.O. know that I'm usually the first to come with a witty (or not-so-witty, YMMV) joke/pun/observation instead of an in-depth analysis of the topic. Though I, oftentimes, have more to offer to a given conversation.

I check the forums just about daily, spending maybe between 15 minutes to an hour. Some days I have more time than others, and will check again later in the day. But if I had to ballpark it, I'd say less than half of the time I start a post, I actually publish it here. Sometimes the words don't come together the way I'd like them, or I'll come up with something but feel it won't add signifigantly to the conversation.

So what about you? How often do you post on the Cadillac Forums?

Submariner409
05-01-11, 03:15 PM
If you go up to someone's profile and click the "About Me" tab you'll see a daily post average for all of us.

Some post for the purpose of asking for or the giving of advice. Some post for typing words and entertainment. Some stay logged in 24/7. Some don't.

Looks like I'm averaging 11.3 PPD for ??? 5+ years. I log in and out as many as 8 times a day - I come and go.

Unfortunately, as for many others on the Internet, this computer has become an infectious disease.

thebigjimsho
05-01-11, 04:20 PM
wut?

Rodya234
05-01-11, 06:01 PM
I post when I have something relevant or interesting to say. Which is rarely.

Lord Cadillac
05-01-11, 06:13 PM
I'm here every day but I don't post every day.. Though when I do post, I submit.

thebigjimsho
05-01-11, 07:00 PM
You submit a lot?

ga_etc
05-01-11, 08:18 PM
Since Sub mentioned it, I checked. My average is 3 posts per day. I don't always have a lot to add to the conversation, but I'm on here, usually, on a daily basis.

Rolex
05-01-11, 08:53 PM
I read much more than I post.

Stingroo
05-01-11, 09:58 PM
Far too much. :lol:

V-Eight
05-01-11, 10:25 PM
I'm here every day but I don't post every day.

Same here

thebigjimsho
05-01-11, 10:41 PM
you guys are subdued...

orconn
05-02-11, 12:11 AM
I don't post much in the technical sections, although I visit them quite often, because my knowledge of vehicle repair is very limited. I do post questions in the Seville Forum when I have a problem.

I am much more visible on the Community Lounge and probably post something at least once a day. Same goes for the Members Current Events forum. Sometimes I just post a thread to find out what others think about a particular subject. I am always interested in getting different points of vue.

Stingroo
05-02-11, 12:43 AM
I am always interested in getting different points of vue.

http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2006/11/2008-Saturn-Vue-Gallery.jpg

:hide: I couldn't resist.

93DevilleUSMC
05-02-11, 12:47 AM
I tend to post occasionally, then go quiet and read whatever interests me on here for a while.