: Wagon owners: cargo capacity question

GS7
05-01-11, 11:29 AM
Can a 4x8 sheet of plywood lay flat in the back (or in other words is the interior width of the back at least 48"?)

What's the max flat cargo length with the rear seats folded down?

Also, can you disable the automatic hatch lift and set it to manual so you can tie it down partly closed if you have cargo that hangs out the back?

Caddy Wagon
05-01-11, 11:52 AM
...Also, can you disable the automatic hatch lift and set it to manual so you can tie it down partly closed if you have cargo that hangs out the back?

Yes you can. I can't answer the other questions right now. If nobody else does, I'll measure later.

GS7
05-01-11, 12:12 PM
Thanks.
I didn't think to bring a tape measure when I did my test drive. Actually I wasn't even considering the wagon when I went to the dealer, but that was the car I test drove. It sold a couple days later and no other local dealers have V Wagons in inventory, and none coming in.
Originally I was considering the sedan, but something about the wagon has really interested me. Might be that I've always liked custom late-50's Chevy Nomads that have done some body sculpting and the V Wagon reminds me of some of those.

elphil
05-01-11, 03:13 PM
GS7; just for you I went out to my Wagon and put the tape to it. Usable width, 42". Length, rear seat up is also 42". Length rear seats down is 70". Get the roof rack and tie the plywood to it.

GS7
05-01-11, 03:32 PM
Many thanks elphil. I figured it was probably narrower than 48" but thought I'd ask.