: Sensor maybe?

darhef
05-01-11, 10:14 AM
Started my truck this morning and right away got a "service airbag" massage on my DIC. I had the front bumper replaced about a week ago, could it be a loose connection maybe, or a bad sensor somewhere?

darhef
05-02-11, 11:43 AM
Does anybody know how many sensors there are and where they are located?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-03-11, 04:22 PM
Are you currently looking into fixing this issue yourself or have you thought of or have you taken the vehicle back to where you got the bumper replaced to see if they missed something or anything of that nature?

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

darhef
05-03-11, 05:25 PM
I"ve had the bumper and grille off and couldn't find anything wrong. I did however find something interesting, maybe you can enlighten me on this? I was leaning on my second row bench seat (drivers side) to turn off the rear entertainment, my son noticed that the light and message went out, so I turn off the truck and turn it back on and low and behold the light and service airbag message are there again, so I lean on the seat again, and the light goes out!...Coincidence?...Now it is on and stays on no matter how much I lean or sit on the seat. Does this seat have a occupant sensor like the front passenger seat?

darhef
05-04-11, 08:41 AM
Are you currently looking into fixing this issue yourself or have you thought of or have you taken the vehicle back to where you got the bumper replaced to see if they missed something or anything of that nature?

I"ve had the bumper and grille off and couldn't find anything wrong. I did however find something interesting, maybe you can enlighten me on this? I was leaning on my second row bench seat (drivers side) to turn off the rear entertainment, my son noticed that the light and message went out, so I turn off the truck and turn it back on and low and behold the light and service airbag message are there again, so I lean on the seat again, and the light goes out!...Coincidence?...Now it is on and stays on no matter how much I lean or sit on the seat. Does this seat have a occupant sensor like the front passenger seat?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-05-11, 06:09 PM
darhef, I would like to forward the question about the second row airbag passenger sensor to our Technical Assistance team to get a better answer for you than I can provide. All I'll need is your name and VIN and I should have an answer back for you soon. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

darhef
05-05-11, 07:45 PM
Jeff, I have brought the vehicle to a dealer and had it scanned for codes, the code that showed up was
B0090, symptom 71. As far as I can tell from my own research it is a left front restraint (seatbelt) sensor. I brought the codes to two different dealers, one never heard of this code and the other is saying it's the occupant sensor in the center console?????....Who do I believe??

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-10-11, 05:16 PM
Well actually I should have an answer for you shortly so hopefully we get either a third answer or we can substantiate one of the other two that you've gotten. Thank you for being so patient in this process.

darhef
05-11-11, 10:54 AM
Jeff FYI, the light and message went out last evening so, I drove around for twenty minutes or so, shut the truck off a couple of times and it didn't come back on. Wondering....is it normal to do this, or does the light and message normally stay on until it's fixed? I'm kinda thinking I may have a bad connection somewhere.

darhef
05-11-11, 01:00 PM
Well....it's back on again!