: Heading off to Watkins Glen !!!

Somefun
05-01-11, 06:14 AM
Well todays the day. I'm taking my v to the track....Can't wait this is the best track and this girl is going rip! I'm hoping I'll like the auto there but on;y one way to find out....

vetkila
05-01-11, 08:16 AM
Good luck let her rip!!!!

readyact
05-01-11, 09:03 AM
Lucky you!!!!

garfin
05-01-11, 01:33 PM
Enjoy and have a safe day!

Best regards,

Elie

baabootoo
05-01-11, 01:46 PM
Keep it in manual mode, no problem shifting early, and you'll be fine. Those flashing lights make it easy to see when to upshift.

Somefun
05-01-11, 09:20 PM
Well just heard rain 70% tomor n 40% tues..... All I want is a few dry sessions so my baby can stretch her legs..... Damn I hope we get them....

Somefun
05-05-11, 05:41 AM
Well I have to say she ran great! Most thanks to Matt @ Tune Time for getting her ready....I can't tell you how good the auto did! I was thinking I was either going to love the car with it at the track or hate it after I left....Well LOVE IT! I have always been a stick guy but this auto with a tune was great. The V ran very well but I did wind up getting the rear diff a little hot and sent the light off telling me. The auto ran good and the hottest it got was 219. Not too Bad. I signed up for June 6th at Lime Rock so we'll see how she does there. I'm thinking I'm going to add the D3 sway Bars to top her off.....:cool2:

Silver -V-
05-05-11, 12:10 PM
Somefun -

Have you changed the Diff oil since the car was new? Several of us who run at road courses have done this and not had over-heating issues again. The cars with the M6 trans seem less susceptible to the rear diff overheating. As a Auto trans driver, if you plan on running at higher speed tracks with the auto, make sure you change out the diff fluids. If you keep overheating, you may need a diff cooler.

Somefun
05-05-11, 12:14 PM
Yes I put amsoil in everything right off the get go. I do it to all my toys....

Somefun
05-06-11, 05:19 AM
Yup that's me......