: has anyone replaced their fuel filter on their fleetwood broughams?

ocjmakaveli
10-09-04, 09:57 PM
I'm asking because i noticed today my fuel filter is on the left side of my car near the rear wheel and wonder if anyone has replaced theirs?

I know the manual says it doesnt need to be replaced but every other car i've ever had needs it replaced regularly about every 50,000 miles why is the caddy special?

i am thinking of buying the caprice one from autozone and seeing if itll fit and replacing it.

Adam
10-09-04, 10:21 PM
is it causing a problem of some sort? i changed the one on my Lincoln but not on my Caddy.

ocjmakaveli
10-09-04, 10:59 PM
No, no problem but every filter i've replaced has always been a preventative measure.

I prefer buying this 5 dollar filter rather than replacing my fuel injectors down the line cause they got plugged or something.

jsut asking i'll replace my filter tomorrow and post pics and updates too

barge master
10-10-04, 07:18 PM
50,000 miles is insane. I change mine at least once a year. Try blowing air through the new one and compare it to the old one.

ocjmakaveli
10-10-04, 10:57 PM
what many people don't realise for some odd reason autozone doesn't carry the fleetwood fuel filter and the caddy manual does not include the fuel filter as a routine maintenace item and as I remember only mentions replacing filter when replacing fuel pump.

barge master
10-11-04, 04:47 AM
Some Mopars like Dakotas don't have a serviceable fuel filter. If they started doing that with the big GMs I wasn't aware of it. It's kind of like where they started thinking there was something wrong with grease fittings.

scurling
10-11-04, 05:25 PM
I guess it would depend on the engine fuel system as far as when it needs replacing, but once a year is not a bad idea.

WIth my '94, the LT1 major tune-up is recommended at 60K miles. That tune-up does include a fuel filter replacement. I haven't studied the service items to see if the fuel filter replacement is included at more frequent intervals.

The AC Delco filter (pn: GF624K) only costs about $17.00. I've had cars where the fuel filter was over $50.00.

ocjmakaveli
10-11-04, 05:32 PM
So I went ahead and installeda filter from autozone i bought the fuel filter without bracket ordered one from a 1994 impala ss part number FF609 deutsch brand.

theres one witha bracket and one without if your cars rusted bad i suggest getting the one with bracket but u have to order it.

i got the one without the bracket which is the part number above and i just reused my old bracket total install time about 2 mins.

btw my old filter wasn't plugged at all i was surprised how easy it was to blow through it almost the same as the new one except the old one still had a lil gas in it.

they look exactly alike but i'm still glad i replaced it and just FYI you have to go to the service desk/counter and ask for the filter they only stock these in the back they don't have them on display with the other filters.

scurling
10-11-04, 07:07 PM
Makaveli.

Sounds good... Yes, the old filter quite often will not "look" or seem dirty, but it doesn't take much dirt to start fouling the filter. One or two bad tanks of gas can start a filter going south. The ounce of prevention is always worth the pound of repair.

Sounds like you keep on top of things with your vehicle. Thanks for the bracket tip.