: Hunting down the terrorists in West Tennessee

Elvis
10-09-04, 10:10 PM
Good evening.

Thursday night, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts.

While we slept, terrorists invaded our homeland, committing numerous despicable acts of evil against defenseless victims under our protection. These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten us into chaos and retreat. But they have failed; our resolve is strong.

In the days leading up to this attack, we continued to receive intelligence reports indicating that the threats were far from our front door. We were repeatedly assured by our military advisors that maintaining a strong defense was the best deterrent--no one would DARE commit such an atrocity right here at home.

Alas, they were wrong.

On the evening of October 7th, over 30 lives were lost, and another 30 seriously injured at the hands of a ruthless enemy who will stop at nothing.

A great people has been moved to defend a great flower bed. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our most beautiful pansies, but they cannot touch the foundation of our home. These acts shattered flowers, but they cannot dent the steel of our hand spade.

We were targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for fertilzer and opportunity to grow in the county. And no one will keep that light from shining.

Today, our yard saw evil, the very worst of animal nature. And we responded with the best we had to offer -- with the daring of our rescue worker (Momma), with the caring of strangers and neighbors who came to give water and help in any way they could.

Our first priority is to get help to those who have been injured, and to take every precaution to protect our flowering plants in the front yard as well as the back from further attacks.

The search is underway for those who are behind these evil acts. I've directed the full resources of our intelligence and law enforcement communities to find those responsible and to bring them to justice. We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who remotely resemble them.

I appreciate so very much the members of this forum who have joined me in strongly condemning these attacks. Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the pansies whose tiny root balls have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages in Murray 23: "I smell varmint poontang. And the only good varmint poontang is dead varmint poontang, I think."

Forumites are asking: How will you fight and win this war? We will direct every resource at our command -- every means of diplomacy, every tool of intelligence, every instrument of law enforcement, every financial influence, and every necessary weapon of war -- to the disruption and to the defeat of the global terror network. That includes mothballs, cayenne pepper, our .22 calibur rifle, coyote urine, and our primary weapon of mass destruction--the 12 gauge Remington.

The leader of these terrorists has been identified as OsArma-Dillo, who has been sought by many of our neighbors in connection with similar attacks perpetrated in the past several weeks.

http://www.msu.edu/~nixonjos/armadillo/pics/truckbeddillo.jpg

We will retaliate against our enemy at a time and place of our choosing.

Thank you. Good night, and God bless Momma's pansies.

RBraczyk
10-09-04, 10:39 PM
LMAO! I open this thinkin, why isn't this in the political forum? Nice one elvis. If im not mistaken, you've been on a Hiatus. Where hare you been?

Adam
10-09-04, 11:24 PM
i was like damn im in east TN and i didnt know what to think.

majax
10-09-04, 11:25 PM
Probably conspiering with the Armadilos :suspect:

:histeric:

Elvis
10-09-04, 11:59 PM
LMAO! I open this thinkin, why isn't this in the political forum? Nice one elvis. If im not mistaken, you've been on a Hiatus. Where hare you been?

Just working a lot and avoiding political arguments. :)

Elvis
10-10-04, 12:00 AM
i was like damn im in east TN and i didnt know what to think.

Let me remind my colleague from the mountainous country that if he refuses to confront these terrorists on their own soil, he will inevitably have to face them on his.

Elvis
10-10-04, 12:06 AM
Good Evening.

Tonight I have requested that the appropriations committee increase funding for our war on terror.

This includes the purchase of weapons of mass distraction to be deployed in our most vulnerable points of entry for the terrorists, as well as weapons of limited destruction in the event that we are able to detect their actions prior to, or during their next attack.

This bipartisan effort, co-sponsored by Momma and co-opted by executive discretionary funds will better enable us to be victorious in our quest to ensure the safety of pansies around the neighborhood.

Weapons of mass DISTRACTION:
http://media.doitbest.com/products/631917.gifhttp://www.spiceplace.com/images/mccormick-Cayenne-pepper-spiceplace.gif

Weapon of mass DESTRUCTION:
http://www.henryrepeating.com/images/rifles/leveraction_large.jpg

OsArma-Saddam-Dillo can soon expect shock and awe.

Thank you, good night, and God bless the flower bed.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-10-04, 11:58 AM
The goverment of the central floridan lakeside banana tree would like to extend our sympathy to the victims of these grotesque attacks . We have been Attacked also in the past. We acknollage your help dureing the first and second yard wars but we cannot support your action against Osarma Dillo due to your lack of evidence.We would however like to be a part of your rebuilding process by selling you replacement flowers . Even if Osarma attacked your flowers you provoked it by your constant policeing of the flowerbed and the Dillo repelling weeds therein ..... :histeric:

Elvis
10-10-04, 05:10 PM
It has become evident that The goverment of the central floridan lakeside banana tree has opposed our war against terrorism due to the conflict it presents to their own financial interests. Of course they want OsArma-Dillo to remain in power--they sell more flowers that way.

We consider failure of THIS "global test" to be a badge of honor.

Elvis
10-10-04, 05:15 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE FARM:

Good afternoon.

Earlier this morning, October the 10th, at around 12:09 a.m. local time, our military force captured and killed OsArma-Dillo. He was found in a remote flower bed outside the garage, in a swift raid conducted with casualties. The former butcher of begonias has faced the justice he denied to thousands.

The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the terrorist's footprints in a vast yard. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our serviceman has faced many dangers in this hunt, and in his effort to bring hope and freedom to Momma's pansies. His work continues, and so do the risks.

I also have a message for all who read this: The capture of OsArma-Dillo does not mean the end of violence in flower beds. We still face terrorists who would rather go on killing the innocent than accept the rise of liberty in the heart of West Tennessee. Such animals are a direct threat to all flowering plants, and they will be defeated.

We've come to this moment through patience and resolve and focused action. And that is our strategy moving forward. The war on armadillos is a different kind of war, waged capture by capture, cell by cell, and victory by victory. Our security is assured by our perseverance and by our sure belief in the success of liberty. And we will not relent until this war is won.

May God bless the pansies, and may God bless the flower beds.

Thank you.

END: 15:14 PM

Elvis
10-10-04, 05:33 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

PRESS CONFERENCE: REMARKS OF THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE REGARDING CAPTURE AND DEATH OF OSARMA-DILLO.

WARNING: IMAGES MAY BE CONSIDERED GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING TO SOME

LIVING ROOM (AP): The provisional authority has released photographs Sunday it said were of OsArma-Dillo's capture and death, aimed at convincing skeptical Armadillos, cats, and forumites that he was killed in a raid by the security force.

The pictures, said to have been taken after the terrorist died in a firefight with farm troops Sunday outside the garage, show grim images of the head and body, his underbelly heavily bearded. Unconfirmed reports state that from nose to tail OsArma-Dillo exceeded 22" in length, and weighed in excess of 15 pounds.

"He put up a helluva fight" said one soldier involved in the scuffle, "I snuck up on him and got what I thought to be a clear shot at the heart. Then the sumbitch jumped about 18" into the air, and started running around in circles. I thought he was gonna charge me...

"He slowed down enough so I could get another shot off, and this time he just kinda limped away, curling up like a big bowling ball. Then he rolled down the hill towards the road. I bet that sumbitch rolled 40 feet before I got the final head shot..."

The solder added, "I didn't want the little guy to suffer, you know. These are pre-historic creatures, they say armadillo carcasses have been found in South America that date back 50,000 years. No sh!t!"

When questioned about the brutal killing, Secretary of Defense Byron stated, "If it can save pansies, I'm happy the decision was made, that seems to me to outweigh the sensitivities -- the proper sensitivities -- that you have raised."

Joint Chiefs Chairman General Ben also noted the bullet wound above or near the eye of OsArma-Dillo. "This was clearly a message job. Just like in "The Sopranos!" That little bastard must've been too greedy."

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pbeeadf59187453078aaf96526d58e5ad/f6b652d8.jpghttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/p4545d1479496622eab02dc3989444f3d/f6b652d7.jpg

Stoneage_Caddy
10-10-04, 05:39 PM
It has become evident that The goverment of the central floridan lakeside banana tree has opposed our war against terrorism due to the conflict it presents to their own financial interests. Of course they want OsArma-Dillo to remain in power--they sell more flowers that way.

We consider failure of THIS "global test" to be a badge of honor.

rofl :histeric:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-10-04, 05:48 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY: Fertillizer Producing and Exporting Countries:

Good afternoon.

Effective Immediately FPEC will lower production and exportation of fertillizer products. This cut is a direct result of hosititys in the flowerbed causing problems in the production process. Also on Wall Street it has been noted that Fetillizer now trading $4.56 per bag. A jump of more than two dollars which has been caused over concerns of the effects of a terrorist war on fertillizer supplys. Also due to hurricanes Charley,Franceis ,and Jenne fertillizer production in central florida is at a 20 year low. As final damage estimates are tallied expect another jump in bag prices.

Thank you.

END: 16:49 PM

Elvis
10-10-04, 07:41 PM
REBUTTAL FROM THE PRESIDENT:

I understand everybody in this forum doesn't agree with the decisions I've made. And I made some tough decisions. But people know where I stand.

People out there listening know what I believe. And that's how best it is to keep the peace.

This farm of ours has got a solemn duty to defeat this ideology of hatred toward flowering plants. And that's what they are. This is a group of folks who will not only kill here, but kill pansies in Russia, that'll attack unmercifully in Florida, hoping to shake our will.

We have a duty to defeat this enemy. We have a duty to protect our pansies and mums.

The best way to defeat them is to never waver, to be strong, to use every asset at our disposal, is to constantly stay on the offensive and, at the same time, spread fertilizer.

And that's what people are seeing now is happening in West Tennessee.

Ten million flowers have registered to be planted. It's a phenomenal statistic. They're given a chance to be free, and they will show up at the flower beds. Forty-one percent of those 10 million are pansies.

At our farm, no doubt about it, it's tough. It's hard work. It's incredibly hard. You know why? Because an enemy realizes the stakes. The enemy understands a free farm will be a major defeat in their ideology of hatred. That's why they're fighting so vociferously.

They showed up in the flower bed when they were there, because they tried to beat us and they didn't. And they'll showing up in Florida for the same reason. They're trying to defeat us.

And if we lose our will, we lose. But if we remain strong and resolute, we will defeat this enemy.

barge master
10-10-04, 07:53 PM
OsArma was obviously prepped for the battle with that flak jacket he wore in the pic. :gun2: I thought we had it tough guarding our veggies up here from Digaholla Woodchuck and Sheik Scwew-E-Wabbit. :want:

Elvis
10-10-04, 09:33 PM
MORE FROM THE PRESIDENT:

We stand ready to come to the aid of our neighbors to the North, to fight these brutal terrorists wherever they rear their ugly little furry heads. We must be resolute and not waver.

There's an old saying in Tennessee ó that says, fool me once, shame on ó shame on you. Fool me ó you can't get fooled again.

The march to war affected the people's confidence. It's hard to make investment. See, if you're a small business owner or a large business owner and you're thinking about investing, you've got to be optimistic when you invest. Except when you're marching to war, it's not a very optimistic thought, is it? In other words, it's the opposite of optimistic when you're thinking you're going to war.

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our flower bed and our pansies, and neither do we.

And now we're fighting them now. And it's hard work. I understand how hard it is. I get the casualty reports every day. I see on the TV screens how hard it is. But it's necessary work.

And I'm optimistic. See, I think you can be realistic and optimistic at the same time. I'm optimistic we'll achieve -- I know we won't achieve if we send mixed signals. I know we're not going to achieve our objective if we send mixed signals to our troop, or our friends, the pansies, impatiens, and mums.

We've got a plan in place. The plan says they will be blooming in January, and they will be. The plan says we'll train more soldiers so they can do the hard work, and we are.

We've allocated $27 over the next months for reconstruction efforts. And we're making progress there.

And our alliance is strong. And as I just told you, there's going to be a summit of the neighboring homeowners. We will be hosting a summit. We're making progress.

It is hard work. It is hard work to go from a pile of dirt to a beautiful flower bed. It's hard work to go from a place where pansies get their buds cut off, or executed, to a place where they can grow free.

But it's necessary work. And a safe flower bed is going to make this farm a more beautiful place.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-10-04, 11:55 PM
Press Relese:

Central Florida - Banana Tree overlooking lake President Jack Crack warned on Sunday of a "catastrophe" for global diversity if the Tennesse Flowerbed's cultural hegemony goes unchallenged.

Speaking at a Banana cultural centre on Black lake ahead of Sunday's opening of a summit of Tomato and Strawberry plant leaders, Crack said Banana Tree was right to stand up for cultural and linguistic diversity.

The outspoken Banana Tree president warned that the bed's different cultures could be "choked" by Tennesse Flowerbed values.

This, he said, would lead to a "general flower sub-culture" based around the Tennesse Flowerbed language, which would be "a real ecological catastrophe".

Citing Nashville's stranglehold over the flower bulb industry as an example, Crack stressed that only with government assistance could flowerbeds maintain their cultural heritage.

Elvis
10-14-04, 02:53 PM
This is just a little bump for Ralph, who thought it was a giant rat.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-14-04, 03:22 PM
Press Relese:

Central Florida - Banana Tree overlooking lake President Jack Crack has declared a national emerency following terrorist activitys here.

On October 12th our way of life changed forever . A biolocial attack was waged on our humble country , it was delivered by Saddam de Germ . Realizeing our country was under attack President Jack Crack and Revrend Stone evacuated the area hopeing to outrun "the flu" . Revrend Stone was 37 miles away fishing when he too was infected (or realized he was) . Revrend Stone has returned to Banana Tree By The lake to fight off the terrorist who has ravged his entire family. Unforetunatly Revrend Stone cannot be reached for comment and only left a message saying "I may not live through this after i cough up my left lung but at least i will have died fighting for my Country". He is currently locked in the trunk of his cadillac installing a new relese solenoid so it will open again.

Currently a massive bombing campaign has been lauched country wide useing the MkII Lysol Bombs and 5oz Germ Bunker Busters.

The President of Banana Tree overlooking Lake at a press confrence said this today :
We've had many victories in the war on terror, and that war goes on. Our nation is safer, but not yet safe. To win this war, we must fight on every front. We'll stay on the offensive against terrorist networks, striking them before they come to Banana Tree to hurt us. We'll confront governments that support terrorists and could arm them, because they're equally guilty of terrorist murder. And our long-term victory requires confronting the ideology of hate with freedom and hope.

Elvis
10-14-04, 05:58 PM
Don't expect any assistance from us! We don't want to be infected.

We do, however recommend an enema.

Ralph
10-14-04, 06:39 PM
This is just a little bump for Ralph, who thought it was a giant rat.

That's still the biggest damn RAT I've ever seen!

Now, what's an "armoured dildo" anyway? :hmm:

When I started reading this thread I thought I missed some important terrorism on the news and became very upset!!! Then I realized it's Tenn. :p

Actually we have problems with grasshopper infestation when it's dry like last summer and gophers.

Adam
10-14-04, 06:49 PM
you guys should really quit smoking pot. :p

Elvis
10-14-04, 07:15 PM
you guys should really quit smoking pot. :p

Make all the snide remarks you want.

Son, we live in a world that has flower beds and flower beds need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for armadillos and ridicule me; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that OsArma-Dillo's death, while tragic, probably saved pansies and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves flower beds.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that flower bed, you need me on that flower bed.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think.

Adam
10-14-04, 10:08 PM
holy shit, are you on crack? i meant that first one as a joke but now im not to sure. they are flowers not towers man. get a life dude.

Ralph
10-14-04, 10:11 PM
I don't think he gets it Elvis.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-14-04, 10:11 PM
Don't expect any assistance from us! We don't want to be infected.

We do, however recommend an enema.

oh my god , dude i laughed so hard i think i lost a lung , oh man this hurts ...where my damned cough syrup :drinker

Adam
10-14-04, 10:15 PM
I don't think he gets it Elvis.

explain it to me then. at first i was just joking about the pot but when he starts saying shit like he was... nah i dont get down like that.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-14-04, 10:20 PM
he wasnt snappin on you dude , thats how this thread goes , he was jokin round ... its like role playing (like when you were a kid) where one kid plays president george bush.....get it ?

Adam
10-14-04, 10:22 PM
i never played anything like that. where i grew up if someone got smart joking or not you confronted them. i am not talking about living in good ole TN either. im not from here.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-14-04, 10:24 PM
ahh ok , as long as you know he wasnt trippin on you .....

Adam
10-14-04, 10:27 PM
it was cool until he said "i dont give a damn what you think." to me that is just something that pisses me off. youll have to excuse me, i am not in a good mood right now.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-14-04, 10:33 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

PRESS CONFERENCE: REMARKS OF THE PRESIDENT OF BANANA TREE OVERLOOKING LAKE REGARDING AID NOT BEING SENT .

QUARANTINE ROOM #3 (AP):

In this our worst time we are faced with certian tragedy the government of the flowerbed has refused to send aid . Only advice was given for us to stick cleaning agents up our arses.

Because of this we are enforeing an embargo against the flowerbed of Tennesse on all fertillizer goods. Fertilizer (commonly known as bull shiz) is our number one export and this will cause certan demise of our economy. Layoffs have been widespread due to the indsutry falling apart. The dog has been layed off and his job sent to Packistan. Combine this with our riseing national debt ($37.40 on lysol and kleenex) and we are now lining up in the kitchen for saltine cracker and orange juice rations. We will continue to hold onto hope the United Nations will send relif aid .

May God Continue to bless Banana Tree

Stoneage_Caddy
10-14-04, 10:38 PM
it was cool until he said "i dont give a damn what you think." to me that is just something that pisses me off. youll have to excuse me, i am not in a good mood right now.

just wait till you get this flu bug , damn this thing is aweful ...4 hours ago i was swapping in a new relese mechanisim for the trunk and a new idle speed motor and now im damn near bed ridden ..... :bighead:

Get a beer and a flu shot ...youll feel beatter

Adam
10-14-04, 10:43 PM
i work in a hospital and have to deal with these patients (mental ones at that who dont or cant take of themselves) my immune system is so strong it is unbelievable. i had the flu shot about 8 years ago and it made me so sick i vowed i would never take it again. i have never been that sick in my life and havent since. i dont need it.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-14-04, 10:47 PM
you know , last time i got a flu shot i got the damned flu ......costed me a 90 day tour of korea ...airforce and all there "get all your shots" rules ...then again im probabaly the only person who wanted to go to korea for 90 days then come home only to deploy to the persian gulf ...i was ready to see the world......only got to go to the gulf

Elvis
10-15-04, 12:17 AM

I can't BELIEVE you took that seriously!!! :histeric:

Haven't you ever seen the movie "A Few Good Men?" That was Colonel Jessup's speech right after he yelled "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" I thought it fit beautifully there. Sorry you missed the gag. :p

(Ordinarily I wouldn't give an explanation away, but I don't want to take a joke too far.)

NOW, back to the fun...

Adam
10-15-04, 07:52 PM
no never seen it. im in a better mood today so its cool.

Elvis
10-21-04, 01:11 PM
Last evening, at approximately 10:10 local time, Joint Chiefs Chairman General Ben alerted our security force of an imminent threat on our eastern border.

A platoon was deployed to the threatened area, and two members of POSSaddUM's resistance forces were detected and instantly neutralized. Photos of the siege have been determined too gruesome for distribution.

Signs of additional activity were detected at approximately 11:15 p.m., however due to the limitations of the armament the surgical strike force had available at the time, additional attacks were deemed unadvisable.

A follow-up strike will be executed at a time and place of our choosing. Anonymous military sources have indicated that future patrols against POSSaddUM's strongholds will include .12 gauge carpet bombing.

Elvis
09-12-05, 04:15 PM
FREEDOM ISN'T FREE.

THE DEFENSE OF LIBERTY, PANSIES, AND MINT CONTINUES EVEN TODAY.

GOOD AFTERNOON.

It has been brought to the attention of the joint chiefs that our security has been breached and again, even one year since the war to end all wars we find ourselves battling a terrorist menace.

Last night, while hundreds, yes, thousands of plants in our flower beds slept peacefully, a merciless butcher invaded our homeland, indiscriminately devouring the helpless flora, sending them to premature deaths in the Indian summer night.

Yes, another terrorist lurks in the darkness at the Farm. Another threat to our security, safety, our freedom, and our way of life.

http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2360/armadillosherriff0xi.jpg

Even though large tracts of the flower beds and many old and famous plants have fallen or may fall into the grip of the armadillo and all the odious apparatus of marsupial rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in the front yard, we shall fight on the fish pond, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength from the truck, we shall defend our flower beds, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the driveway, we shall fight in the garage, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

addison_ii
09-12-05, 05:41 PM
I recommend Bunker Busters. The Al-ArmadillQueda needs to be stopped. I have been active in the past in effectively using my civilian vehicle to run them over. I must again resume my AMD (Armadillo of Mass Destruction) Hunt. I salute those who continuously face this foe and say that I'm with you 100%.

Adam
09-12-05, 06:48 PM
*East Tennessee opens new armadillo breeding plant*

Stoneage_Caddy
09-12-05, 07:50 PM
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength from the truck,.
in most places that isnt legal ...

Stoneage_Caddy
09-12-05, 08:02 PM
For Widest Dissemination

Once again the Government of the Banana Tree by the lake sends condolences to the government of the flowerbed. We have decided once again to send aid in the form of a box of Kleenexes. This is a substantial increase in aid from the last disaster. In addition we have dispatched a military convoy to bring said Kleenex box. As you might note, this is the first such Convoy into east Tennessee since May 1999, when it passed through on the way to Indianapolis to get drunk and watch cars drive around in circles. This is all the aid we can spare to send. We were struck 2 weeks ago by mulla-mulla raccoon, the trashcans were struck as they slept beside homes all across our fair land. The carnage and devastation havenít been seen before, the pictures too gruesome to post. We are currently in the cleanup process; many blades of grass were under feet of garbage. We still donít have a firm idea on how many trashcan casualties there are. We have enlisted the help of the local militia. With there help we will employ the GBU110; the garbage bashing unit is a specially equipped and modified aluminum device capable of surgically striking the terrorists with minimal collateral damage.

Elvis
09-12-05, 09:11 PM
That convoy of kleenex is headed in the wrong direction. We're in WEST Tennessee, about 500 miles from 93fleetwoodlowlow.

Kind of like those convoys of hurricane relief supplies we have stuck up here.

Prime strike hours are 2100-2300 tonight, and 0330-0500 tomorrow morning.

The assault vehicle will be employed, legal or not. This is war.

Night is falling.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-12-05, 09:14 PM
At this time the government of the banantree by the lake wants to point out they forgot the dislexia pills today

Adam
09-12-05, 09:17 PM
kleenex truck intercepted by east tn.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-12-05, 09:21 PM
mmmmOOOOOOMMM ....low low isnt playing nice !!!

Adam
09-12-05, 09:30 PM
mmmmmOOOOOOOOmmmmm, mike is being mean. shut up poopy head.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-12-05, 09:36 PM
no your the poopey head .....

im rubber your glue ....

dont make me bust out the pee wee lines .....

Adam
09-12-05, 09:40 PM
nuh uh buttface.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-12-05, 09:54 PM
I know what you are but what am i ?

youbetcha77
09-12-05, 10:19 PM
Im slow I guess, I read the beginning of this and started locking and loading.

Blaze

Spyder
09-13-05, 12:16 AM
Oooohhh!!! Enema!!!

addison_ii
09-13-05, 12:26 AM
MOMMMYY!! Adam and Mike are calling each other names. and Spydey(er) is playing with an enenaman, an enamenen, a butt poop bag!! Nasty!! Blaze is playing with guns. Elvis is fighting a mini Stegosaurus with a pointy tail. What's is that MOMMY?? I'm scared!!:hide:

Spyder
09-13-05, 03:37 AM
"Headline News: Spyder personally offers a donation of many Armadillo-riffic weapons to those few brave men standing guard around the flower beds of this fine country. Included in the loan are M1 Carbines, Sig 226, .38 Special, multiple 12 gauge, 20 gauge and .410 shotguns, an auto .308, tack driving 10/22's and 10/17's, MKii, home-built .300 Ultra Mag, and a few leftover quarter sticks of dynamite and Artillery Shells, from the days when dad drove across the country every week."

I hear that the only payment or thanks that this Spyder asks for is beer or good bourbon...maybe the occasional Old Fashioned or Hot Toddy...What a deal!

Elvis
09-13-05, 12:02 PM
This sh!t gets funnier every time I revive it!

At precisely 0348 this morning, Secretary of D-Fence (Ben) alerted us of an impending attack on our South entrance. The troops were awakened but unfortunately were not mobilized in time to catch the invader in the act.

At 0350 the automatic water protection system activated and frightened the invader away. At 0351 our militia arrived on the scene only to discover a few damaged impatiens and a trail through the dew on the grass.

He got away.

Funny thing, a friend of mine called a few minutes ago and wants me to come by his house at lunch to inspect some damage in his flower beds. Like I'm the f-ing expert.

addison_ii
09-13-05, 06:29 PM
Lt. 1st Class Addison_II requests that a suggestion of a few glue traps(commonly used on mice)be applied sparingly at certain locations in protective territory. Although it's bigger than a mice/rat it can possbily stop/slow down the intruder just enough to be captured by West Tennessee Troops. Just a suggestion. End of Transmission.....

Spyder
09-13-05, 09:18 PM
Spyder's suggestion: Soak the ground with high test race-gas...and when you hear snuffling sounds in the flower garden, strike the radio-controled ignitor, or even better, keep a crossbow at the door, with a bolt soaked in diesel and naptha, to ignite the entire area surrounding the intruder. You can borrow mine if you decide to take this path. Granted, you will have to replant the garden, but the incinerated armadillo should provide ample fertilization to aid in rapid regrowth of the destroyed flowers. Acceptable casualties, to utterly destroy the enemy.

Elvis
09-13-05, 09:56 PM
Two outstanding ideas, gentlemen!

I hereby enlist you in the Fayette County Militia as weapons experts.

I like the idea of the glue strips because it completely neutralizes the claws, which are the armadillo's primary weapon of mass destruction.

I like the radio-control idea because it means I don't have to get out of bed. The flower beds will be re-planted in three weeks anyway. Impatiens die in cooler weather, yielding to pansies which thrive in the Memphis winters as long as they are allowed to establish their roots in October.

The friend I mentioned earlier has a bigger armadillo than I do. In one night the thing dug some massive craters. Unfortunately for him, he lives in a town with a gun ordinance. He'll have to trap his critter and send him to Guantanamo, Mississippi where he will be photographed in compromising positions with other armadillos, skunks, possums, and an occasional raccoon.

youbetcha77
09-13-05, 10:32 PM
LMAO

Blaze

Stoneage_Caddy
09-14-05, 12:32 AM
The Government of the Banana Tree by the Lake would like to make a few sugestions as far as weapons useage.

By useing idea #1 you are violateing article 35 part 3 section 1 of the geneva convetions

Art 35. Basic rules

2. It is prohibited to employ weapons, projectiles and material and methods of warfare of a nature to cause superfluous injury or unnecessary suffering.

By useing Rule two are are also violateing article 35 part 3 section 1 of the geneva convetions

Art 35. Basic rules

3. It is prohibited to employ methods or means of warfare which are intended, or may be expected, to cause widespread, long-term and severe damage to the natural environment.
http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/7c4d08d9b287a42141256739003e636b/f6c8b9fee14a77fdc125641e0052b079?OpenDocument

As "the standard of moral values" we decree you refrain from the use of these wepons. Futher Infrcation of these rules will force us to go before the UWY (United Weenie Yahoos) and ask to enforce UWY Resolution 223. We will then come to your nation to search for these wepaons and remove you from power over the opressed flowerbeds.

Thank you
President of the Banana Tree by the Lake Government

Elvis
09-14-05, 10:50 AM
Now he has resorted to mind games. My brain is fried and I'm suffering from sleep deprivation. :yawn:

Monday and Tuesday mornings he struck at about 0345-0400. So this morning I woke up at 0300 and couldn't go back to sleep. When 0330 rolled around and I still wasn't sleeping, I decided to get up, get the gun and the spotlight and wait on the front porch.

He never showed. Didn't fall back to sleep until 0445, and wouldn't you know it, the wife's alarm clock goes off at 0505.

In order for me to get a good night's sleep I'm going to have to take a few Benadryl and hit the hay at about 1800.

(I'm really cool and official sounding because I can tell time in military hours.)

For Ralph's benefit, following is a translation of the above post:

Monday and Tuesday mornings he struck when Mickey's LITTLE hand was almost touching the 4, and his BIG hand was on the 9. So this morning I woke up when Mickey's LITTLE hand was on the THREE, and I couldn't go back to sleep. When his BIG hand was pointing at the SIX, and I still wasn't sleeping, I decided to get up, get the gun and the spotlight and wait on the front porch.

He never showed. I didn't fall back to sleep until Mickey's LITTLE hand was almost pointing to the FIVE, and his BIG hand was on the NINE, and wouldn't you know it, the wife's alarm clock goes off when MICKEY'S LITTLE HAND is on the FIVE, and his BIG HAND is on the ONE.

In order for me to get a good night's sleep I'm going to have to take a few nitey-nite pills and hit the hay right after Mommy fixes the macaroni and cheese and apple sauce.

Elvis
09-14-05, 10:52 AM
And THAT, my friends, was post #4000!!!

youbetcha77
09-14-05, 11:26 AM
Wouldnt the last part be Mickeys little hand on five and his big hand on one?

Blaze

Elvis
09-14-05, 11:43 AM
Wouldnt the last part be Mickeys little hand on five and his big hand on one?

Blaze

You are CORRECT, sir!

I'll fix it. I wouldn't want little Ralphie to get confused. :bigroll:

youbetcha77
09-14-05, 12:32 PM
Lol

Elvis
10-10-05, 11:25 AM
WEST TENNESSEE (AP) According to a spokesperson who requested anonymity, special forces operatives engaged an armadillo insurgency in a pre-dawn raid this morning, neutralizing one known terrorist immediately prior to an attack on a pansy bed.

The spokesperson would only say that the terrorist movement was detected at 0233 local time, forces were mobilized at 0234, and the aggressor was terminated at 0237.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1074/armadillo200528kc.th.jpg (http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=armadillo200528kc.jpg)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8971/p00014585lw.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p00014585lw.jpg)

PhantomCadillac
10-10-05, 12:09 PM
All About Armadilloshttp://www.havahart.com/images/armadillo.jpg
The armadillo is appropriately named because of its armor plated appearance. The armor is actually made of hard bony plates covered by a leathery skin. The armadillo ranges throughout south-central and southeastern parts of the United States. It seems to be prevented from expanding into other areas of the country due to the cold weather. The armadillo first entered the country through Texas. This nocturnal animals appears to have been in the States for the last 150 years.

Armadillos live in thorn scrubs, mixed grasslands and wooded bottom lands. They prefer wetlands with dense shade and sandy soils. The sandy soil allows them to dig easily. This makes river valleys, creek drainages, and areas around stock ponds ideal for their living areas.

Armadillos are mature at the age of nine months. Mating occurs in July through August. Implantation is delayed until November. The armadillo usually produces a litter of four. Since they are from the same egg, they are all the same sex. The kits are fully developed when born with a pink leathery skin. The skin eventually hardens to the protective armor in a few weeks.

The armadillos diet consists of primarily of insects. Small animals, baby birds, eggs and carrion are on occasion also eaten.

Armadillo Problems
There are two main problems homeowners deal with when an armadillo is in their yard. The first one is when the armadillo destroys landscaping when passing through the yard. The second problem is the digging of tunnel networks and birthing tunnels.

Exclude
Fences may be used to keep armadillos out of gardens and landscaping. They can climb so the fence should provide on overhang that extends outward at a 45 degree angle. One way doors can also be used to keep them out of burrows that they have already established.

Habitat Modification
In order to keep armadillos out of your property, you need to control the food, water, and shelter aspects. An insect control program may be necessary. Remove all brush in your yard that may provide shelter. Restrict access to water on your property.

Remove
Live animal traps can be used to remove armadillos from the property

To live trap an armadillo, you will need the 1050, 1079 or 1089 cage trap (http://www.havahart.com/nuisance/_old_nuisance/cageproduct.htm). In order to entice the animal into the trap, you will need to construct a funnel of sorts to lead the armadillo into the trap. One idea is to place wood barriers on either side of the trap to guide them into the trap. Bait the trap with meal worms, maggots, spoiled meat, overripe fruit, sardines or fish. Transport the armadillo at least 2 miles away. Remember to check with your local or state game commission for regulations

Elvis
10-10-05, 12:23 PM
The problem with the Havahart trap is that you can catch some really nasty critters in there which one would prefer NOT to get near.

Like skunks, for instance.

Ralph
10-10-05, 07:08 PM
WEST TENNESSEE (AP) According to a spokesperson who requested anonymity, special forces operatives engaged an armadillo insurgency in a pre-dawn raid this morning, neutralizing one known terrorist immediately prior to an attack on a pansy bed.

The spokesperson would only say that the terrorist movement was detected at 0233 local time, forces were mobilized at 0234, and the aggressor was terminated at 0237.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1074/armadillo200528kc.th.jpg (http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=armadillo200528kc.jpg)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8971/p00014585lw.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p00014585lw.jpg)

Mmmmm, thems good eatin' :alchi: ;)

addison_ii
10-11-05, 12:59 AM
Mmmmm, thems good eatin' :alchi: ;) uhhmm yes I'll have the armadillo filet with a light dill sauce please. Or how about the "Dillo Smoothie" complete with dillo chunks.:helpless:
:D

Elvis
10-11-05, 11:28 AM
Sorry fellas, I gave him a proper burial at sea yesterday. I threw him in the Wolf River on my way to work. You don't want these things decomposing anywhere within 500 feet of your house.

But NEXT TIME I'll be sure to save you some. Last year's harvest was only about 15 pounds, field dressed out to about 4 pounds of tender meat. This year's catch only weighed 10 pounds. If I had cleaned him, he probably wouldn't have yielded but two or three pounds.

Now if you want sausage, I could mix in a little possum for added fat content--it helps the meat hold together better. I could probably get you seven or eight pounds each that way.

addison_ii
10-11-05, 05:34 PM
Ummm no thanks. I'm on a wild game rodent free diet.

Spyder
10-11-05, 06:20 PM
Hahah...I'll take as much as you wanna send me...new food is GREAT! and I sure as hell aint tried possum yet.

Elvis
10-12-05, 12:07 AM
How about muskrat?

Crawdad?

addison_ii
10-12-05, 12:18 AM
How about muskrat?

Crawdad?

Crawdads AKA Crawfish. You gotta luv em. Crawfish etoufee, crawfish boils, oh yeah!!

Spyder
10-12-05, 05:35 AM
If someone in the world thinks that its good eatin', I'll give it a shot...crawdads, without a doubt, are great...muskrat would be a new one on me, but if you'll eat it, so will I...rattlesnake is great, snails are great...belut (sp?) is not good, but its been tried...I like new stuff!

Elvis
10-12-05, 12:30 PM
Crawdads AKA Crawfish. You gotta luv em. Crawfish etoufee, crawfish boils, oh yeah!!

I call it BAIT.

Boombotz
10-12-05, 12:56 PM
Ummm no thanks. I'm on a wild game rodent free diet.

:yeah: I'm just to picky.

addison_ii
10-12-05, 01:02 PM
I call it BAIT.

:histeric: that'll work. Tasty bait yummy.

Elvis
10-12-05, 02:35 PM
:histeric: that'll work. Tasty bait yummy.

You're never going fishing with me. :Poke:

addison_ii
10-12-05, 03:08 PM
I only eat the NON Bait version. Don't worry your tackle box is safe with me. Little Lobsters yummy, with corn on the cob, potatoes, and beverage of choice. Oh yeah!!

Elvis
10-12-05, 06:05 PM
I didn't know there were any Cajuns in Minnesota.

addison_ii
10-12-05, 08:33 PM
I didn't know there were any Cajuns in Minnesota.

My mother is from Louisiana and I lived there for 5 years. I guess you could call me a cajun transplant.

Laissez Les Bon Temp Rouler!!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-12-05, 10:10 PM
Press Relese 12 Oct 2005

The government of The Banana Tree by the Lake would like to annonce there new Army. By executive order 1563 , we do ordain a department of defense to protect our homeland. By executive order 1564 we have also joined the war on terroisim. We felt these measures nessesary after the attacks of 9 Oct 2005 when Ali Alligator took one of our fine citizens fishing lure and bobber. Our military has mobilized against the threat. Due to our size and lack of a Sufficent Airforce it will take our troops 3 hours to reach the Area of Operations. Once there we will begin operation "handbag" apprehending the terroists responisble for this most devistateing act.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01505.jpg

Unforetuneatly we have had to discharge several of our new military members after they threw a party ....We we will still previal , these indiviuals do not represent our high moral standards....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01508.jpg

Ralph
10-12-05, 10:41 PM
Press Relese 12 Oct 2005

The government of The Banana Tree by the Lake would like to annonce there new Army. By executive order 1563 , we do ordain a department of defense to protect our homeland. By executive order 1564 we have also joined the war on terroisim. We felt these measures nessesary after the attacks of 9 Oct 2005 when Ali Alligator took one of our fine citizens fishing lure and bobber. Our military has mobilized against the threat. Due to our size and lack of a Sufficent Airforce it will take our troops 3 hours to reach the Area of Operations. Once there we will begin operation "handbag" apprehending the terroists responisble for this most devistateing act.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01505.jpg

Unforetuneatly we have had to discharge several of our new military members after they threw a party ....We we will still previal , these indiviuals do not represent our high moral standards....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01508.jpg

LOL! Now we know what you do in your spare time..... :D

Stoneage_Caddy
10-12-05, 10:48 PM
i know what id LOVE to be doing in my spare time ....man is that a great pic of her

Ralph
10-12-05, 10:51 PM
i know what id LOVE to be doing in my spare time ....man is that a great pic of her

I hear ya. THIS is a good one too..... :shhh:

http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/9532/l6nh.jpg

addison_ii
10-12-05, 11:04 PM
http://lowriderarte.com/featuredartists/LRA_0509_Gerald_10_s.jpg http://lowriderarte.com/featuredartists/LRA_0509_Gerald_09_s.jpg http://lowriderarte.com/featuredartists/LRA_0509_Gerald_16_s.jpg

Twin (http://Twin) Cities, Minnesota / Press Release from Millenial Dawn President of the United Dominion of the Saginaw Valley.

We have received the notification of disaster from government of The Banana Tree by the Lake. We are sending troops. They may be identified by the first two pictures above. The third picture is the identification of official UDSV Army transportation. Supplies and financial aid will follow within 2 hours of UDSV troop arrival. We will also send official notice to our fellow co-op Army of West Tennessee. Being as they just captured Osama Bin-Dillo, the Ace of Spades in the terrorist deck they will be able to offer faster service if authorized by President Elvis. It should take us 2 days to reach your area barring any hydraulic pump failure. End of Transmission. 04271981145

Stoneage_Caddy
10-12-05, 11:09 PM
Press Release 12 Oct 2005 10:04pm

It is with great regret that we inform the world about a terrible tradgedy that has occured. As our troops advanced under the cover of darkness they were detected by Ali Gator. They put up one hell of a battle , lasting , almost 45 seconds. Our new Milita was no match for the terroist's weapon. The Goverment has relesed one picture , taken from the air of this scene to give some scope of the situation. So far word back from the front line is very heartbreaking with a 100% casualty rate , names will be withheld till next of kin can be notified....May god continue to bless the Banana tree...
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01510.jpg

addison_ii
10-12-05, 11:19 PM
http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/images/SaigaHG.JPG

Twin (http://twin/) Cities, Minnesota / Press Release from Millenial Dawn President of the United Dominion of the Saginaw Valley.

Due to the recent tragedy in the Banana Tree By The Lake Community the UDSV has authorized weapons to be given to the remaining BTBL soldiers. The weapons to be issued will be exactly like the fine specimen above. They are fully automatic, pistol grip style with fold away stock, 50 round magazine in the popular 7.62x39 cartridge. Able to shoot underwater and at a range of almost a mile away these will make sure that Ali Gator will be brought to justice. End of Transmission 042719811145

Stoneage_Caddy
10-12-05, 11:36 PM
Press Release oct 12 2005

With Supplies coming from the north we have gotten word that LC Strike force has made it to the end of the dock. Next Schedualed communication drop will occur @1900 hrs friday 14 2005. We all eagerly await news from LC Force. This is the last known Photo of them before they left in the newly upfitted 63 Continental.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01511.jpg

Spyder
10-13-05, 12:15 AM
You can borrow this if you want...

Stoneage_Caddy
10-13-05, 12:27 AM
you call that a round , yours is on the left ....mines on the right (the one ont he right is missing the rest of the round , thats just the projectile
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01513.jpg

Spyder
10-13-05, 01:36 AM
Yea, but I'm a civilian...I don't get the REALLY cool shiznit! :) What is that, anyways? A friend of a friend of a friend who I know has got an old 40mm recoilless mounted on the back of an M38 weapons carrier jeep...fully operational, with rounds...part of a restoration project for a museum...purty bad ass, if ya ask me. :)

AirJigga25
10-13-05, 10:08 AM
Just working a lot and avoiding political arguments. :)

bush sucks

Stoneage_Caddy
10-13-05, 12:21 PM
Yea, but I'm a civilian...I don't get the REALLY cool shiznit! :) What is that, anyways? A friend of a friend of a friend who I know has got an old 40mm recoilless mounted on the back of an M38 weapons carrier jeep...fully operational, with rounds...part of a restoration project for a museum...purty bad ass, if ya ask me. :)
its from the gatling gun of a OA-10 "Wart-hog" , dont worry that one is a practise round , no depleted Uranium , also have a few "safe" rounds from an F-16.....i dug the oa-10 round from that was left of the moose that the A-10 strafed on a run ....

Spyder
10-13-05, 02:23 PM
Oooohhhh, GAU-8...I like it! Ya wouldn't happen to have a spare one laying around, wouldja?

Elvis
10-13-05, 02:29 PM

It ain't what, it's who.

By the way, if the banana tree republic wishes to go after Ali al-gator, they are on their own.

We have no Navy at this point. :(

(LMAO @ AJ--he replied to something I wrote over a year ago!!! :histeric: )

AirJigga25
10-13-05, 03:10 PM
It ain't what, it's who.

By the way, if the banana tree republic wishes to go after Ali al-gator, they are on their own.

We have no Navy at this point. :(

(LMAO @ AJ--he replied to something I wrote over a year ago!!! :histeric: )

lmfao rofl

sofakingfunny

AirJigga25
10-13-05, 03:11 PM
i was trying to talk trash to you and drag you into an argument

Elvis
10-13-05, 03:58 PM
never discuss politics with someone from the people's republic.

AirJigga25
10-13-05, 04:07 PM
yeah but you are in one of those right wing militias

Elvis
10-01-07, 03:19 PM
I had another visitor last night.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3716/armadillo2dl6.jpg

Florian
10-01-07, 07:44 PM
that was the best read in a long time....thanks fellas.

F

Submariner409
10-01-07, 08:05 PM
:helpless: All well and good. THIS will scare the h out of you...Just read an article in the Wall St. Journal about widespread school education of young children in order to get them to become activists and bug their parents into "green" cars, fluorescent light bulbs, no plastic cups, ethanol, Gore's children's version of "An Inconvenient Truth" (lie), turn vegetarian, and a litany of other PC causes, including PeTA (BTW...I love animals: They taste wonderful.)
For those who are old enough to remember, or who actually learned anything in History and Political Science, these are exactly the same "education" tactics used by the Nazis in the '30's to change a country in less than 20 years. Looks like we're next. Canada is right behind, if not parallel. THIS inconvenient truth is real, and the article is titled "The Inconvenient Youth", 09-30-2007.
(When a children's movie ends with a child actor imploring "Tell your Daddy to stop global warming so these pretty polar bears can live", we're in real trouble. Think about it...and the kids aren't yet educated enough to see through the scam.......)

dkozloski
10-02-07, 01:25 AM
:helpless: All well and good. THIS will scare the h out of you...Just read an article in the Wall St. Journal about widespread school education of young children in order to get them to become activists and bug their parents into "green" cars, fluorescent light bulbs, no plastic cups, ethanol, Gore's children's version of "An Inconvenient Truth" (lie), turn vegetarian, and a litany of other PC causes, including PeTA (BTW...I love animals: They taste wonderful.)
For those who are old enough to remember, or who actually learned anything in History and Political Science, these are exactly the same "education" tactics used by the Nazis in the '30's to change a country in less than 20 years. Looks like we're next. Canada is right behind, if not parallel. THIS inconvenient truth is real, and the article is titled "The Inconvenient Youth", 09-30-2007.
(When a children's movie ends with a child actor imploring "Tell your Daddy to stop global warming so these pretty polar bears can live", we're in real trouble. Think about it...and the kids aren't yet educated enough to see through the scam.......)
It reminds me of the thousands of letters and E-Mails the governor of Alaska gets protesting the clubbing and skinning of the baby seals and we don't have anything to do with it. That's the Canadians and Norwegians doing that stuff in the North Atlantic.

Elvis
10-02-07, 11:13 AM

I hope everyone sees this thread for what it is: A BIG JOKE.

Both sides are guilty of using Nazi tactics today. Hell, the Nazis weren't even the first to pull it off. The term "Homeland" is offensive to me. It reminds me of "Fatherland." This whole concept that dissent=treason scares me too, and for the most part I've been supportive of this administration.

We're not supposed to talk politics here anyway, so let's go back to having fun and blasting varmints!!!

I have a new idea: a motion detector that alerts me when the Armadillo wanders into the yard. Better still--SEVERAL motion detectors so I'll know which direction to mount an attack from. :suspense:

I'm open to suggestions. If you know of a low-cost RF motion detector system, please let me know!

Submariner409
10-02-07, 04:06 PM
Elvis, Read the (long) article in the Wall Street Journal of a couple of days ago. Education and Nazis are not things to take lightly or joke about. The article has nothing to do with politics, administrations, or parties, although one politician seems hell-bent to make a dubious point. The Nazis took over Germany through many avenues, one of which was elementary school instruction and propaganda. Perhaps someone else will read the article out of curiousity. Obviously, you didn't.

Elvis
10-03-07, 12:04 PM
Elvis, Read the (long) article in the Wall Street Journal of a couple of days ago. Education and Nazis are not things to take lightly or joke about. The article has nothing to do with politics, administrations, or parties, although one politician seems hell-bent to make a dubious point. The Nazis took over Germany through many avenues, one of which was elementary school instruction and propaganda. Perhaps someone else will read the article out of curiousity. Obviously, you didn't.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, Submariner. I've already read dozens of articles just like that one, some dating back over 20 years to the Reagan administration. That's why I made the comment that both sides routinely use the same tactics. I'm sure Napoleon did the same thing.

The media might have expanded over the years from print to radio to television and now the internet, but the tactics remain the same. Manipulating public opinion is very easy. The more information that is thrown at Joe Sixpack, the less he wants to think for himself. Kids are even easier. I went to a Catholic high school. They hit us with some form of propaganda every week.

Hell, you've been around longer than I have. You probably remember gas rationing. One of my recreational pleasures is to listen to old radio programs from the 40's. There's an episode of "Fibber McGee" floating around the internet right now that blatantly condemns McGee for selfishly wanting to consume more than 4 gallons of gas a week. For 30 minutes, one character after another berates him with some cute catch-phrase for not supporting the war effort.

It works both ways. I've just learned not to get pissed off when the other side uses it effectively. Everything evens out.

Submariner409
10-03-07, 07:15 PM
:thumbsup: Good words. I don't fully remember gas rationing because I was 2-3-4-5 during the War. I do remember air raid drills and red pennies and butter coupons and Christmas tree lights with only 1 wire (series). When Dad came back from the Pacific with a bullet in his hip he went to work as the GM of a dairy farm in VA. For some strange reason a cow would die every month or so and we had a roast and steak. ;)