: 2007 wheels flaking

GNENSEC
04-30-11, 02:36 PM
I'm the second owner, 57,000 miles the std. 22 inch. wheels have the typical flaking and concerned it's going to start on the front part of the wheels.

Does GM cover this under warranty eventhough I'm the second owner?

Nixin
04-30-11, 02:52 PM
It is covered by GM as long as you are within their Bumper-to-Bumper warranty. Same thing happening on mine and I am out of warranty. Took it to the dealer and they told me to hold on until next week(???). Do they think that the chrome will 'grow' back in a week? WTF, by next week the other wheels will start peeling as well. I suggested that it may be better for them to simply have my 22" wheels refinished; polished and clear coated or even powder coated and clear coated will do me fine. Let's wait and see what happens next week.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-04-11, 05:38 PM
Nixin, if you haven't been in contact with GM of Canada in regards to your issue I suggest you do so at your earliest convenience. They should be able to assist you in working with your dealership to get this issue resolved. Hopefully GM of Canada and your dealership will be able to put this problem to bed for you. Keep us up to date on how it goes with the fix.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

FERN9230
05-23-11, 01:49 AM
We had the same issues, It took four-five calls to caddy 800 # to get them to replace all four wheels. I first took it to the dealer,And was told sorry i must have put some strong chrome cleaner nothing they could do. But sure would sell me some at $2500. per wheel. Yea Right !!! We still had the factory warranty, So Keeping call them till they say yes.. Good Luck ..