: When Moving to another state and transfering out auto title ?

ThumperPup
04-30-11, 01:14 PM
Ok so its been about 4 years since i have moved a car to another state and gone done paper work and stuff like that
not sure if things have changed
anyone down in FL know if your moving from another state down to FL and changing over your Title from Ohio to FL
do i have to pay taxes on the car again for the county moving to ?
or do i just pay like a title transfer fee anyone know what the title fee is in FL

also anyone in FL know much about personal plates
in ohio the rates keep raising every other year so what my plates use to cost 60 a year now they are up to 125 a year for my personal logo plates

so what do Personalized logo and vanity plates in FL cost does it go by the county or does the state have one solid fee

only reason im even changing over stuff is cause i don't need a front plate and my Front windows could be deeper then a 50% tint down in FL
from what i have read in researching this

so come August or September when i move down there going to be switching over

mainly just so i can put the front bumper cover plate cover back on and not worry about front plates anymore lol

but what does the cost of plates in FL cost for personalized plates
i was looking online on the FL BMV and all and couldn't find what i was looking for also
like in Ohio we can search online and see if the pate we want is available and all
i could not find anything online for FL to search plate numbers and info to see if what i have would even be available down there
does anyone in FL know if this can be done or when you want a plate you just have to go into the DMV - BMV and see if the plate you want is available ?

Stingroo
04-30-11, 08:35 PM
Plates vary based on what one you get. I think my plate was like $10 extra plus a $25 donation to Special Olympics.

Registration is where you'll get the hose. Cost me almost $400. Welcome to FL - they like to screw with you.

Here's where you can search for available plates:

https://www6.hsmv.state.fl.us/mvcheck/platecheck/main.jsp

Don't worry if the one you want isn't open in a regular FL plate - we have over 100 different plate designs to choose from. Welcome to insanity.

ThumperPup
04-30-11, 08:43 PM
Plates vary based on what one you get. I think my plate was like $10 extra plus a $25 donation to Special Olympics.

Registration is where you'll get the hose. Cost me almost $400. Welcome to FL - they like to screw with you.

Here's where you can search for available plates:

https://www6.hsmv.state.fl.us/mvcheck/platecheck/main.jsp

Don't worry if the one you want isn't open in a regular FL plate - we have over 100 different plate designs to choose from. Welcome to insanity.

wow 400 so is that like 400 to register per car ones or is there per registration per vehicle per year ?

like i think regular registration start at 60 a year for base plates in my county of ohio then there is another 30 a year donation for the Dog Friendly Plates
then another 30 a year fee for the Vanity custom lettering on the plates then there are state and county taxes so thats why its over 120 a year for me

so your saying that im going to probably spend 400 one time and then probably another 80 or so at those prices for the plates or am i going ot be at like 480 a year ? im still a bit confused

wow hope its not 400 a year for registration

or are you saying 400 is what it cost you to transfer the title over and just one time register it from another state ?

i found the link yesterday that had all the diff style plates available and logos and all
but was not able to find anything on finding out if the letter and vanity part of the plate was available or not

ThumperPup
04-30-11, 08:48 PM
Cool thanks for the link Roo just found that my plate is available so thats good

Stingroo
04-30-11, 10:18 PM
No the big cost is just when you get your new plate. It's cheaper every year after that. I just re-upped in March. I don't remember how much it was though. Less than $200 including my $25 donation though.

ThumperPup
04-30-11, 10:36 PM
wow still 200 seems to be alot more then ohio
im hoping that its closer to what im paying now and ill be happy
if i can stick around 120-130 a year each year

but i also found out what the registration fee when bringing a new car into FL is they call it the new wheel registration or something like that
225 i think is what it was weather its new car or used car
its for the first time you register that specific vehicle in the state so i guess ill be around 300-400 the first year

Stingroo
05-01-11, 09:05 AM
Yep. Our fees are stupidly high, but that's what you get when you don't have vehicle inspection of any kind, etc.

Worth it IMO.

ThumperPup
05-01-11, 09:10 AM
well i guess i won't have to worry about getting that pesky SES light fixed
i know i have had like 2 years to dig into it and change the LED out de solder and re solder and im to freaking lazy i guess lol
been putting it off and putting it off
getting by with inspections and all
they let me threw twice they said next time they can take the registration away from the car for up to a year if i don't pass
so i got to get it done by December this year if i don't then i have to move for sure somewhere els lol
im still going to fix it when i get around to it cause i would like to have it just as a extra safety benefit i guess to know when something is going wrong
or has gone wrong but
guess being without a safety inspection is a plus in a few ways

johnny kannapo
05-02-11, 08:04 PM
I just have this feeling that May would be the when I complete the move & best month to declare my residency.

Moving can be a long drawn out process. The moving process would vary depending on when the plates expire.

http://www.ricksplates.com/candids/nc/nc2011pass.jpg

ThumperPup
05-02-11, 08:12 PM
My Plates Expire in December
so it would only be like 2 months from the date the entire move is complete to the time i register the car there
other wise i have to drive all the way back to cleveland to have an E-check doen to then get the plates LOL
hmm i wonder
can you get inspections done out of state how do Corportaions work it where they have cars registed probalby in NYC but the cars are located in like LA or something im sure they don't bring them back to have a Echeck and Inspection done wonder how that would work for a Ohio registed car down in FL

Destroyer
05-02-11, 08:37 PM
Ok so its been about 4 years since i have moved a car to another state and gone done paper work and stuff like that
not sure if things have changed
anyone down in FL know if your moving from another state down to FL and changing over your Title from Ohio to FL
do i have to pay taxes on the car again for the county moving to ?
or do i just pay like a title transfer fee anyone know what the title fee is in FL

The paperwork is nuts and they will tax you HEAVILY and I do mean HEAVILY! It's just not feasible. I think you should definitely stay in Ohio and NOT move to Florida. Besides, it's too hot here, too many old people oh and the hurricanes, tropical storms, big ass bugs and mosquito's, just forget about it. It sucks here, really. Don't come. :suspense:

ThumperPup
05-02-11, 08:57 PM
The paperwork is nuts and they will tax you HEAVILY and I do mean HEAVILY! It's just not feasible. I think you should definitely stay in Ohio and NOT move to Florida. Besides, it's too hot here, too many old people oh and the hurricanes, tropical storms, big ass bugs and mosquito's, just forget about it. It sucks here, really. Don't come. :suspense:

what area do you stay in ? i think im going to switch to your area instead of where i was thinking LOL

Destroyer
05-02-11, 09:10 PM
what area do you stay in ? i think im going to switch to your area instead of where i was thinking LOLI live in the Keys. :thumbsup:

ThumperPup
05-02-11, 09:24 PM
yeah sure proove it that just means you are probalby on the west coast or up North lol

Destroyer
05-02-11, 09:35 PM
yeah sure proove it that just means you are probalby on the west coast or up North lolNo really, the Keys. You need to come here. :thumbsup::cool:

ThumperPup
05-02-11, 09:39 PM
I haven't been to the key's in like 15 years i think

if i wasn't moving into a free house in west Palm
then id probalby have to pick east coast Marco Island area

but hey im getting a free place to stay
dad said got to get out of the ohio place
he's going to sell the house id really rather find a new job up here and buy the house from him id rather stay here then go to FL i know i sound like im a nut case just for saying that lol

but i don't have a job
and right now can't afford to buy a house for 280k

Destroyer
05-02-11, 09:43 PM
id rather stay here then go to FL i know i sound like im a nut case just for saying that lol

No, for once you don't sound like you are nut case. Better to stay there. :cool:

ThumperPup
05-02-11, 10:07 PM
No, for once you don't sound like you are nut case. Better to stay there. :cool:

ok thats it im coming down there and im going to hunt threw FL till i find you LOL

naw but i already order 3 pods to be delivered to me what ever does not fit in 3 pod's will get sold or left behind
highway robbery 1720 per pod one way thats with a 15% discount for having multiple pods in transport

Destroyer
05-03-11, 09:56 PM
ok thats it im coming down there and im going to hunt threw FL till i find you LOL

naw but i already order 3 pods to be delivered to me what ever does not fit in 3 pod's will get sold or left behind
highway robbery 1720 per pod one way thats with a 15% discount for having multiple pods in transportPheww! Bad enough this forum dropped several IQ points since you joined. Now the state I live in will too. :annoyed:

ThumperPup
05-03-11, 10:31 PM
Pheww! Bad enough this forum dropped several IQ points since you joined. Now the state I live in will too. :annoyed:

hey that was not called for no reason to be a jerk like that go sit on a spike man

Destroyer
05-03-11, 10:44 PM
hey that was not called for no reason to be a jerk like that go sit on a spike manTrue nonetheless. :bigroll:

ThumperPup
05-03-11, 10:47 PM
True nonetheless. :bigroll:

dude just stop it your only making yourself look bad seriously dude stop it
I been trying to ignore your short stank coments for the last week but right now its just getting harder so why dont you sit on your hands instead of typing girl

Florian
05-03-11, 10:50 PM
:Poke::cop:

enough, ladies.

F

Destroyer
05-03-11, 10:53 PM
dude just stop it your only making yourself look bad seriously dude stop it
I been trying to ignore your short stank coments for the last week but right now its just getting harder so why dont you sit on your hands instead of typing girlHuh?

Destroyer
05-03-11, 10:54 PM
:Poke::cop:

enough, ladies.

FYeah alright. :helpless:

Florian
05-03-11, 11:03 PM
youre killing me tonight, D!

F

Lord Cadillac
05-06-11, 08:56 PM
I'm just making a note that this is another Pup discussion that got closed on another member's account. Just making a note of it...