: Bluetooth / iPhone / STS questions ?

FSchuett
04-30-11, 03:20 AM
Hello,
if I go in my STS, I must connect the iPhone with the car. The STS find the Phone but I must always confirm the iPhone. I think the STS find automaticly the Phone with bluetooth without any confimation and than it connect.

iPhone 4 and 05' STS

Thanks Frank

jedhead
04-30-11, 12:42 PM
I recall people having issues with the previous version of I-Phone and the bluetooth in the STS. You may want to search the forums.

Bob

bbjorklund99
04-30-11, 04:22 PM
I have an IPhone 4 and it works fine with my bluetooth Navigation radio. There could have been an upgrade between 05 and 06 because I have an 06 STS. It could be a firmware version thing as well. I am not sure how you check or upgrade the firmware. Maybe there is somebody on this forum that knows that. The only complaint that I have is that once the car starts to move you can't use the bluetooth on the car and need to dial the number with the phone. I get an annoying beep before it dials but other than that it works well. Once i went through the original setup it connects every time I get into the vehicle. I am not sure if that helps but I do have an Iphone 4 and it does work with my Navigation/radio/bluetooth.

Good Luck!

EChas3
04-30-11, 10:01 PM
The Nav Firmware upgrade improves Bluetooth performance as well as VR & Vehicle Config. If 2007 & under haven't had it & still under some warranty, it's well worth the trouble. This is very different than a new Nav disk set. See the Sticky at the top of the forum thread list.

Your issue is usually something simple like not setting your phone as the default in the STS or allowing the phone to 'discover' other devices. Did you 'pair' them by entering the same PIN in both the car and the phone?

I'm not familiar with the I-phone but a 'Handsfree' setting can also make a phone easier to use with Bluetooth.

chazglenn3
04-30-11, 10:20 PM
I had the same issue with my HTC Evo 4G. I read on the forum about making phone default in the STS and I made my phone discoverable. It's been connecting automatically ever since.

bbjorklund99
05-02-11, 10:07 AM
How do you know what version firmware is install?

EChas3
05-02-11, 08:07 PM
I think there's a link in the Sticky thread at the top of the forum.

I also posted a link so you can search for 'Nav Frimware' too.

bbjorklund99
05-03-11, 10:18 AM
Thanks EChas3! I am just curious as to which version of firmware I have. Other than the annoying locks on the system and the worthless voice recognition. Once I purchase lockpick I will be able to eliminate one of the annoyances.

Frikiton
05-09-11, 07:02 AM
this might not be any help but my STS finds my iPhone4 automatically I dont have BT enabled anymore since it drains the battery so bad.. I kept my blackberry bold 9650 to use with BT in the car automatically connects to it and doesn't kill the battery.