: Another fix and resell opportunity?

drewsdeville
04-29-11, 11:56 PM
This caught my eye on CL tonight. If it was a Seville, I would pass, but it seems that the STS variants fetch a better price if it catches the attention of the right person.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/2347572092.html

What kind of price do you think that would fetch in good mechanical condition?

hueterm
04-30-11, 12:07 AM
With that original STS, I'd be more worried about the condition of the interior. Those interior pieces are going to be impossible to find, w/that rare beechwood leather, and all that wood.

To the right buyer, a really nice '91 (4.9L) STS w/only 125K miles should bring a few thousand, minimally.

cadillac kevin
04-30-11, 12:08 AM
around here, it would be worth about $2500 fixed up. maybe a bit more depending on interior condition.

ThumperPup
04-30-11, 12:12 AM
This caught my eye on CL tonight. If it was a Seville, I would pass, but it seems that the STS variants fetch a better price if it catches the attention of the right person.

What kind of price do you think that would fetch in good mechanical condition?

it says Deville STS
im confused what the heck is a Deville STS ? never new they made anyting like that

greencadillacmatt
04-30-11, 12:19 AM
Is that Polo Green? I had a '91 Eldorado in that exact color. That looks really really clean!

ga_etc
04-30-11, 12:20 AM
That's a good looking car. I would think there's at least $1500 worth of profit to be made there.

hueterm
04-30-11, 12:35 AM
Eye

roh

knee

ga_etc
04-30-11, 12:47 AM
You guys are really going to have to let this go. I'm over the bird and all the crap associated with it.

hueterm
04-30-11, 12:57 AM
That wasn't what I was talking about.

ga_etc
04-30-11, 01:01 AM
What did I miss then?

Stingroo
04-30-11, 07:55 AM
Oh

muh

GAWD.
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Back to the topic at hand though - I could see some profit there if the underside is clean and what not. Worth a look at the very least.

gdwriter
04-30-11, 02:39 PM
Probably a simple fix to get it running again. Could be something as cheap and easy as the ignition control module in the distributor, something even I managed to swap out successfully. Interior looks to be in good shape for a 20-year-old car. You should be able to turn a nice profit.

Destroyer
04-30-11, 09:33 PM

What kind of price do you think that would fetch in good mechanical condition?"I drove and parked it in the fall and it didn't start this spring. It may be an ignition issue or an alarm problem. The car has a 4.9V8 automatic and ran great before this problem." If you take the man's word for it then it may be a cheap repair. I never take the "mans word for it" and would simply assume he is full of crap. Still, the car is within a couple hundred bucks of scrap value so there must be some value here (try to talk him down anyway). You can try to part it out as I'm sure there are at least a few people out there interested in making their cars look like an STS of that year or STS owners that need parts for restoration. Fixing it and reselling it.......may cost you more than you think especially if the owner is lying and the car has bigger problems. Good luck either way. :thumbsup:

drewsdeville
05-01-11, 01:03 AM
Fixing it and reselling it.......may cost you more than you think especially if the owner is lying and the car has bigger problems. Good luck either way. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, been there, done that. This isn't the first vehicle I've done this with. Many I've made a profit on, others I have found some "surprises" and were far from profit. Either way, they were all learning experiences and I've never made the same mistake twice.

There will be no assumptions. Before purchase I will know if the engine at least spins, has compression, and condition of all fluids will be known, trans included. If he as nothing to hide, he should have no problem allowing me to check those things.

Thanks for the input :thumbsup:

STS_Seville_Hunter
05-02-11, 05:00 PM
Buy it and sell me parts, or better yet the whole car.

RippyPartsDept
05-02-11, 05:16 PM
ad removed from CL ... sold?

drewsdeville
06-02-11, 10:26 PM
This ad was reposted recently. I never got around to checking this out last time, but tomorrow I plan to call for inquiry and, if I'm satisfied with what I hear, arrange a time that I can carefully inspect it. If I decide it's worthy, I won't offer a nickel over $500.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/2413267668.html