: Any of you take a non nav unit and convert to a nav?

jwall09
04-29-11, 11:02 PM
Car I am buying doesn't have it but I am considering upgrading to that unit. Also, the base unit have the same quality sound without the touch screen?

JimmyH
04-30-11, 11:35 AM
I think the V comes standard with nav?

neuronbob
04-30-11, 11:49 AM
In 2009, the nav was an option. From 2010 on, the nav was standard and the MSRP was increased by $2k as a result.

I'd love to have that rarest of Vs, a 2009 with no navi or sunroof, and with 6MT.

JimmyH
04-30-11, 07:14 PM
I did not know that.

Domsz06
05-01-11, 10:33 AM
Car I am buying doesn't have it but I am considering upgrading to that unit. Also, the base unit have the same quality sound without the touch screen?

good luck, it's not as easy as you think. Requires the nav screen, box, new center console, buttons, air ducts and something else I forgot. Cheapest I found out of a wrecked car was just over 3 grand. Oh yeah and then you have to send Jesse your parts so he can hack the nav box with your vin so it will work, so what ever he charges for that too. Basically if you must have nav, don't buy a car without it. It's the only reason I have thought about selling mine since I do miss it. I wish I had the full color screen and what not.

Oh well :(

jwall09
05-03-11, 11:41 PM
good luck, it's not as easy as you think. Requires the nav screen, box, new center console, buttons, air ducts and something else I forgot. Cheapest I found out of a wrecked car was just over 3 grand. Oh yeah and then you have to send Jesse your parts so he can hack the nav box with your vin so it will work, so what ever he charges for that too. Basically if you must have nav, don't buy a car without it. It's the only reason I have thought about selling mine since I do miss it. I wish I had the full color screen and what not.

Oh well :(

ouch and sad.....

Domsz06
05-04-11, 08:31 AM
ouch and sad.....

yeah sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(