: Standing Mile Record?

PremierJosh
04-29-11, 11:51 PM
Who is the fastest sedan and if its not a V who has the fastest V in the mile? I found that Hennessy ran 185 in there manual w/ 650whp. I'm on vacation right now and don't have any logs with me, what speed does a auto run at the top of 4th? Is a auto really being held back in the mile compared to a manual V? I have never been to a mile event but am very interested in it. Give me all the info you got. Thanks Josh

Caddy Wagon
04-30-11, 12:21 AM
Aren't the auto's speed limited to 175MPH due to GM's concern about some part in the transmission possibly giving out after that? I know you can remove the speed limiter with a tune, but you might want to upgrade the tranny. BTW Josh, PM me a price on a heat exchanger when you get a chance. :thumbsup:

baabootoo
04-30-11, 01:55 AM
I thought that 4th shifted out about 128? or so.

newcadman
04-30-11, 08:02 AM
I thought that 4th shifted out about 128? or so.

I think it's right around 133 mph if not mistaken.

PhxTriode
04-30-11, 12:35 PM
Depends RPM you are shifting at with your cam

transam79
04-30-11, 03:42 PM
I'm registered for the Texas Mile at the end of next month. I have a 2011 manual trans sedan. I'm at 644 at the wheels. Stay tuned! :cool:

Domsz06
04-30-11, 07:13 PM
I'm registered for the Texas Mile at the end of next month. I have a 2011 manual trans sedan. I'm at 644 at the wheels. Stay tuned! :cool:

make sure you read the new rules and regs on getting licensed to go above 140 fyi....

dons
05-01-11, 12:52 AM
Aren't the auto's speed limited to 175MPH ( in 5th gear) due to GM's concern about some part in the transmission possibly giving out after that? I know you can remove the speed limiter with a tune, but you might want to upgrade the tranny. BTW Josh, PM me a price on a heat exchanger when you get a chance. :thumbsup:

I have an automatic and ran 176.9 MPH at the 3/4 mile marker at the Texas Mile in October 2011. The speed limiter on my V kicked in and did not allow me to go any faster. The manual tranny guys speed limiter I understand is set at 191MPH. I am bringing my V back to the mile and now have the limiter removed. I will find out if I can go faster this time. That will happen I hope Memorial Day. Looking forwads to this, Stay tuned. Don

Domsz06
05-01-11, 11:14 AM
just make sure you guys read the new rules. You have to get licensed now, and it's not as easy. They will kick you off the track if you don't have the right licensee. and rumor is if you try to get it on sat, it might not happen. Make sure you get there on friday.

Best of luck everyone! make us proud! ;)

dons
05-01-11, 01:21 PM
just make sure you guys read the new rules. You have to get licensed now, and it's not as easy. They will kick you off the track if you don't have the right licensee. and rumor is if you try to get it on sat, it might not happen. Make sure you get there on friday.

Best of luck everyone! make us proud! ;)

You are correct , as one has to get a license and show that they have experience, etc at high speeds. I sent the infor in and applied for a type "B" license which when issued will allow you to be in the class where you do not go over 190 MPH. Looking forward to the new Beeville Airport where the Texas Mile will be held. Hope to see several V's racing.

Domsz06
05-01-11, 04:55 PM
You are correct , as one has to get a license and show that they have experience, etc at high speeds. I sent the infor in and applied for a type "B" license which when issued will allow you to be in the class where you do not go over 190 MPH. Looking forward to the new Beeville Airport where the Texas Mile will be held. Hope to see several V's racing.

you mean you don't have to do the runs there? I thought i read where you have to actually do the "experience" there. Well if you can just send in info then that is cool! Regardless hope everyone has a blast!