: 97 STS Cold Start Problem

wesgrimes
10-09-04, 08:04 PM
What is happening is that is it is below 70 degrees in the AM, it take a full minute or more of cranking before it will start. It does not apear to be getting gas, because it does not even sputter. It acts like a carborated motor with no choke on. I did some research on the web, and found other fuel injected vehicles with this issue referencing a "cold start valve" in the fuel injection system. Any ideas on what is causing this? I am a little woried about what is going to happen once it starts getting cold this winter.

I cleared all of the codes. Started the car and let it idle. No new codes to report. Looking at the codes it had in history I would not tend to think that they are related to the cold start issue. The codes are below.

(I originally posted this under the Electircal forum, but I dont think that is the right forum so I am reposting it. )

History Codes are below.
Thanks

Powertrain Codes
P0603 - Control Module Long Term Memory Reset

Body Codes
B1552 - Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error
B1558 - BCM EPROM Checksum Error
B1983 - Device Power Circuit Low
B1771 - Seat Driver Backward Circuit Short To Battery

Chassis Codes
C1255 - EBCM Internal Malfunction

Ranger
10-10-04, 11:25 AM
Put a fuel pressure guage on the fuel rail and see what king of fuel pressure you have with the key on before you crank. I think it should be about 45-50 psi. It should be about the same even during cranking.