: Guess who got rear ended today?!

bstiffmanofsteel
04-29-11, 10:21 PM
So me and my wife are heading out to see Fast 5 and some mofo comes flying behind me at a red light. Hits my EXT pushes us about 15 feet then slams into me again! Rear bumper angled down, back up camera screwed up! Rear sensors gone and service ride control on! I haven't heard the compressor kick in not one time since. And the hitch with attached part of the frame appear to be bent... WTH? On top of all this, it took the Illinois State Police 2 hours to respond! All things considered me and the wife are ok. His Jeep Liberty, not looking too good!

evois
04-30-11, 12:19 AM
sorry to hear. glad everybody were okay, bottom line!

PreachRR
04-30-11, 12:43 AM
yea guy sorry to hear that.. Listen I know this sound cheesey but get a lawyer go to the doctor and do it right.. I thought I was the man o steel and found out I am not.. his insurance will pay for the medical bills and I am working with a guy that can assist you with diminished value of your vehicle.. PM if you want more information.. I will be getting my truck back on monday.. but this ain't over..

matthones
04-30-11, 12:08 PM
That sucks dude. Make sure that guys insurance pays for everything. Once the truck is fixed go over it with a fine tooth comb, might be worth it to have the dealership take a look as well to make sure the truck is done right. After all, the other guy is paying so make sure you get yours. Hope you guys don't have any problems with the repair process.

Nixin
04-30-11, 03:01 PM
So sorry it happened but as long as you and the wife are fine, that is the most important thing. I agree with the other members, get a lawyer and clean this a$$#ole out! Make certain that your Escalade is fixed right the first time at a Cadillac dealership. May be a good time to look into some minor mods; clear stop lights, clear CHMSL, nice custom exhaust, new tires due to flat spots, etc. Milk the bastards insurance a bit. Next time the idiot may plow into some lady and her three kids.

TexFinn
04-30-11, 11:53 PM
Sorry to hear about this, OP> But good to hear you and your wife are okay. Hope your Escalade gets fixed fast and properly.

I agree with the other members, get a lawyer and clean this a$$#ole out!

Yeah, sue him for everything you can! That's the American Way, after all, isn't it? :helpless:

Sorry, Nixin, but what does that have to do with him possibly plowing into a lady and her three kids? :hmm:

Don't anybody get me wrong, I definitely agree that his insurance company has to fix everything properly and take car of any possible REAL health issues related to the accident, even the potential diminished value of the Escalade, but there's no need for his insurance pay for any stuff not related to the accident.

andre_outlaw
05-01-11, 01:45 AM
and people come on here and bitch about how much their insurance costs have gone up... give your head a shake.

bstiffmanofsteel
05-01-11, 12:45 PM
I am noT trying to get rich from the situation, but I will make sure that it is repaired in a responsible thorough way! I have service back up system and service ride control already showing on my dash and my compressor barely kicks on now...

brentspatriots
05-01-11, 06:32 PM
Theres nothing worse then people that sue for rediculous things like "phony medical bills, loss of affection, etc" I cant stand people that prophit from that. It was an accident, the guy that hit you was not paying attention and he'll get what he deserves (insurance sky rocketing) Accidents happen, its not like he was drunk...i hope. Its one thing if a guy is flying around racing, but if it was an honest mistake let it be. It sucks it happened to your ride, but for those who try to get rich from fenders, take a good look at yourself, you have no self respect.

Good luck to the OP and hope all ends with you getting everything fixed properly. But these things never work out as smooth as youd like.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-03-11, 04:27 PM
bstiffmanofsteel, I'm sorry to hear about the accident and I'll echo everyone here by saying I am glad to hear you and your wife are ok. I hope you are able to get back on the road with minor delay. Keep us updated on the process!

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service