: Explain how this nonsense continues

johnny kannapo
04-29-11, 03:24 AM
Why does this continue on? I randomly stumbled upon it. What is this?

**Links removed by moderator**

The Tony Show
04-29-11, 01:15 PM
They're sites created for no other purpose than getting ranked on Google and then selling advertisements.

The page is loaded up with garbage information that search engines think is legit when crawling the site, so people searching for information containing those keywords end up going to their useless site instead of a good one. The hope is that one out of 100 people will click on one of the advertisements, and that's how they make their money.

I've removed the links because I'm not going to help their traffic ratings by increasing the number of links to their page and having a bunch of users here clicking through.

johnny kannapo
04-29-11, 03:18 PM
I did not click ads, just areas of the menu. It looked like some effort was use to put all the writing I was curious because it time-current with history yet making no sense but had political/military overtones in the jumbled wording. That would seem to explain it. I certainly didn't mean to post a link if it had any negative potential.

The Tony Show
04-29-11, 10:56 PM
No problem. I don't think the links would have harmed anyone here, but the point of those sites is to generate traffic. I didn't want the large amount of traffic here to contribute to their financial gain through dubious means.