: Dealer says my Grille was repainted... how can I tell?

Michael 514
04-28-11, 03:11 PM
Hi all!

I have a 2008 Platinum Escalade, and as the warranty was coming to an end, I brought it to the dealer with a list of issues.

One thing I noticed was that the paint of the front grill is starting to bubble a little bit at the seam, even flaking off a tiny bit.

It looks to me like an crappy factory paint job.

The dealer, however, told me that the grill has been repainted.

Hmm... I am not calling him a liar, but I am not so sure about this. Is there any surefire way to tell?

He mentioned something about tape lines, but I just don't see it.

If I took some pics, do you think you can help?
I also wonder if yours is doing the same...

Thanks!

Mha
04-28-11, 03:35 PM
I didnt think they would fix paint. I would also like to know. Mine 07 has like 5 months left on the.bumper2bumper and I was also wanting everything fixed on it before it expires, so what all are you get replaced? Would you or any one recomend on paying for 100+ point inspection to make sure anything covered under bumper2bumper is fixed?

evois
04-28-11, 04:22 PM
did you buy it used/demo(gotta ask)? is it the same dealer that you are having some warranty work doen to it? if it some bubbled paint then they should fix that, if under warranty.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-02-11, 12:15 PM
Michael 514, is there another dealership in your area that would be able to determine the cause of these blemishes? You may want to get a second opinion just to make sure of what the original dealership is telling you. If you require additional assistance feel free to contact me or our Customer Assistance team. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

RippyPartsDept
05-02-11, 12:29 PM
:yeah: ... also can you get us any pictures?