: 2006 sts4

chazglenn3
04-28-11, 11:11 AM
Do you guys remember the 2006 STS4 I was going to buy that was supposedly sold the night before I was going to go get it? Quick refresher...it was a black on black 1SG without ACC/HUD. it had 75K miles that they were asking $15K and I had agreed to pay $14K for it out the door. The next day I called the dealer and was told a guy bought the car the night before. Interestingly, I just saw the car for sale at another dealer. The dealer I was going to buy it from must have decided he could get more for the car at the auction and sold it there rather than to me. The kicker is that the dealer that has the car now is asking $21K for it!!!!! Good luck with that... :cookoo:

http://www.allstarcars.com/en_us/unitDetail.asp?Unit=343750

EChas3
04-28-11, 11:03 PM
Prices on V8 AWD's are going to drop when people realize their MPG in real life conditions. It happened in 2008. I expect they will become an even better value.

High gas prices are so crushing when one watches the pump climb like it will never stop. Instead of $30 or $40, we are seeing $50 & $60 or more. But when compared to the cost of a very nice luxury car, you can buy a lot of gas for $1,000. Even at $5 per gallon, 200 gallons is far more than 10 STS tanks of gas.

Of course, those people who feel it makes sense to commute long distances on a daily basis belong to a different way of thinking. I wouldn't want to waste the time, let alone the money.

MrDeeds
04-29-11, 02:33 AM
You'd be surprised at what they are getting for some of these cars.
I test drove an 06 the other night that they were asking a ridiculous $22,000 for.
The car was clean and in very good condition. It had everything but acc and hud.

The best they were willing to sell the car to me for was 20,500, I told them I'd check back in a couple weeks when they came back to reality.

I drove past the lot the following day and noticed the car was gone, I called the salesman and he said the guy that test drove the car right after me put down a $5,000 deposit on the car while he figured out his financing options. He paid full asking, just doesn't make sense to me.

http://www.rizza.com/VehicleDetails/used-2006-Cadillac-STS-4dr_Sdn_V8-Tinley_Park-IL/1065612583

EChas3
04-29-11, 10:52 PM
Wow! Sounds too high to me. Maybe the last two years have devalued the dollar more than I thought.