: What's supposed to be on the top of the supercharger housing?

V fun
04-27-11, 09:21 PM
Just got my V Coup and noticed what appears to be a missing label plate or something. It would sit in a rectangular depression maybe 1/8" deep on top of the supercharger cover and underneath the crossbar. There is glue residue there so it appears something was supposed to be there. Anyone know what it was?

Taxexempt
04-27-11, 09:45 PM
My coupe arrived in the exact same condition, WD40 and then GOO GONE took care of the leftover adhesive.

beers
04-27-11, 10:11 PM
Maybe a pre-inspection/production label? I think the adhesive residue is normal - no one talked about receiving a V with something still placed there -

rjoffe
04-27-11, 11:45 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/169182-supercharger-cover-change.html

GMX322V S/C
04-28-11, 12:23 AM
I think that's where the bag of door striker covers is taped during shipping...

V fun
04-28-11, 02:01 AM
Somewhat amazing. Cadillac has gone to great lengths to make the engine compartment, uh, sleek looking (if you consider acres of endless plastic sleek), and then they leave an area with leftover adhesive slathered about...unfortunately in the same place where my E-55 Mercedes had the signature of the technician who personally assembled the engine etched in a brass plaque. Guess that's what an additional 30 grand will buy you... Regardless, the V is the most awesome car I have ever driven, but I do miss the days when an engine LOOKED like an engine...and you wanted to lift the hood to look at it. Now days...well you lift the hood and say...WOW Mattel!...