: Clear bra

MrHolland
04-27-11, 08:13 PM
I spoke to an installer about putting the bra on the front bumper, complete hood, headlights, mirrors, rockers and a portion of the rear bumper of my black 2010 Escalade. He quoted a price of $1800, which seems a bit excessive to me. When questioned I determined covering the whole hood was driving the up the cost. I wanted the complete hood covered to hide any lines. The gentleman had an early 2000 midsized SUV with a bra on it and indicated that the job was 5-7 yrs old. The quality of work wasn’t too bad but the actual film did have quite a bit of orange peel. The installer said because of the thickness of the film it wouldn’t be as smooth as the paint. I was immediately turned off when I saw it on the hood of his car. Does modern film still have orange peel?? I believe he said he uses Venture Shield. I can’t put that on the hood of my car, especially with it being black.

Dobiesdaddy
04-28-11, 12:16 PM
WOW... that's a lot of money!
It depends on the quality of the product. There should be no orange peel or ripple effect whatsoever with a quality product. I'd find a shop that does window tint and find the product online, buy it and have them install it.
When I trained my installers you couldn't even tell the product was on there except a fine edge line where the product began. Call around... that price was over the top.

I have heard a lot of great words on this product http://www.xpel.com/products/paint.asp

I have never heard of Venture Shield.