: Would you do LPE 700hp Upgrade???

jessekgoddard
04-27-11, 07:02 PM
OK so my CTS-V coupe is on order and I'm considering the lingenfelter 700hp upgrade. Anyone have any experience with their package i know its been out since the start of the year roughly.

thebigjimsho
04-27-11, 07:23 PM
I'd drive the V awhile stock, first...

e6t
04-27-11, 07:26 PM
i would too...

THEN id buy it.

the lpe kit carries a warranty, correct?

cbloveday
04-27-11, 07:58 PM
2yr/24,000 mile warranty

e6t
04-27-11, 08:08 PM
whats the approximately spread between the lpe parts and someone elses?

could the spread be great enough to cover a new engine when it goes POOF?

kirbyCTSV
04-27-11, 09:11 PM
i think that pkg is like $11K...can get 700hp for a lot less thru other vendors. like said b4 though...drive stock for at least 5k miles or so...what if something is wrong? cant really take it to GM to get it fixed now.

EVIL_C5
04-27-11, 09:41 PM
I got the 630 lpe pkg and it's a big difference. I don't think I would drop the 11k for the 700 or even the 4500 for the 650.

buddyg
04-28-11, 10:52 AM
I got the 630 lpe pkg and it's a big difference. I don't think I would drop the 11k for the 700 or even the 4500 for the 650.

How much including install was your 630 kit?

EVIL_C5
04-28-11, 11:23 AM
2500 and some change at the dealer where I bought the car. I think LPE says 2499 on their website.

n0s4atu
04-28-11, 11:24 AM
Well, since I'm in a similiar boat to the OP, as in I don't have a V yet, but I plan on ordering soon, as others have said, don't do it right off the bat. Drive it first. I'm also tempted by the Lingenfelter 700hp package, but work any and all bugs out of your V first. I think the most appealing thing about the LPE package is the 2 year warranty. To me that is worth the extra money in the event of something going wrong. Definitely break it in properly first and then put a few more thousand miles on it. That should be a good enough period to make sure everything is just right and then go for the LPE upgrade. Really the best way to go would be to drive your V for a few years til the powertrain is just about out of warranty then do the LPE kit and have an extra 2 years of protection, but really who can wait so long?

EVIL_C5
04-28-11, 11:30 AM
I can say that with the 630, wheel spin is a problem at anything under 20-25 mph, so the 700 im sure is worse. im already saving for new PS2's and I have had my car a little over a month....lol

buddyg
04-28-11, 11:34 AM
I went to their website and $2500.00 installed for 80 hp and tq with a one year warranty that is pretty good.

The nice thing is the warranty too, seeing as there have been some problems of late.

EVIL_C5
04-28-11, 11:45 AM
Hendrick Cadillac did mine, and said I was the 5th 630 they had done with no issues. im very pleased with it, drives like stock, sounds like stock....until you nail it, then its a very noticable increase in power.

kirbyCTSV
04-28-11, 12:34 PM
I would be careful getting aftermarket work done at a dealership if you think that preserves your warranty. Local one here does D3 and Hennessey builds but also states that the powertrain warranty from GM is basically voided at that pt. As far as warranties coming from companies selling mods...I woudnt put a lot of faith in those...im sure they exclude tracking/racing/autoX/etc. I just know a lot of people that used Dinan on their bmws. They paid more for their parts bc of the warranty that comes with but you cant install any non Dinan parts and you can also end up in a position where something fails and the manufacter and the part company are pointing the finger at each other while u are stuck. Warranties can be nice piece of mind like insurance..but like that...gonna have claims adjusters looking over everything with a fine tooth comb to try and get out of paying a dime.

jessekgoddard
04-28-11, 03:58 PM
Thanks guys my plan was once I got the car (mid june hopefully) and drive it until winter rears its ugly head up here in canada again then send it down to get the work done. I'm coming from a c6 z06 but wasn't getting enough use out of it due to having a young son now. So a 700hp car with a backseat really appeals to me.

JimmyH
04-28-11, 08:38 PM
I would be careful getting aftermarket work done at a dealership if you think that preserves your warranty. Local one here does D3 and Hennessey builds but also states that the powertrain warranty from GM is basically voided at that pt. As far as warranties coming from companies selling mods...I woudnt put a lot of faith in those...im sure they exclude tracking/racing/autoX/etc. I just know a lot of people that used Dinan on their bmws. They paid more for their parts bc of the warranty that comes with but you cant install any non Dinan parts and you can also end up in a position where something fails and the manufacter and the part company are pointing the finger at each other while u are stuck. Warranties can be nice piece of mind like insurance..but like that...gonna have claims adjusters looking over everything with a fine tooth comb to try and get out of paying a dime.

a voice of reason