: 2nd Row Seat Stuck in Down Position

dlee1041
04-27-11, 05:43 PM
I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade that has the 2nd Row passenger seat stuck in the down position. I have made sure both lever are not stuck and have not been able to get it out of the down positions. Any suggestions?

baleman
04-27-11, 11:59 PM
Fold the seat all the way toward the front seats. Make sure there is no obstruction and slam it down, then pull up. I had this happen on my ESV a couple of times. Hope it helps.

Palomar
04-28-11, 01:36 AM
I have the same problem with the RR seat. When it's folded forward, I have to slam it down hard. Then the back will flip up. I have to show the guys at the car wash every time.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-29-11, 12:05 PM
I suggest you take a look at your owners manual between pages 19 and 37. That should be all the information you need on the 2nd and 3rd row seating and how to fold and unfold them. I hope this information helps. If you are unable to get the seats fold up properly after going through this entire procedure I would then suggest you speak with your dealership as there may be an issue with the vehicle or the seats.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Palomar
04-29-11, 03:58 PM
If you are unable to get the seats fold up properly after going through this entire procedure I would then suggest you speak with your dealership as there may be an issue with the vehicle or the seats.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

The dealer I originally leased from (no longer in existence) screwed around with that back seat for a week and could not get it to work normally. I decided to live with it.