: Door Control Module

UpstateNY
04-27-11, 05:14 PM
I brought my 06 STS into the dealer for the door not unlocking when i touch the door handle, thinking it was the sensor. The dealer took my door apart, replaced the inner mechanism and sensor, but that did not fix it. So they went on to order the "Door Control Module" and there is none in stock anywhere in the country because of such a high demand for it, so the manufacturer is supposedly tooling up to manufacture more of these. Who knows when the part will be in to fix my door......... This really sucks.

KRSTS
04-27-11, 06:06 PM
I brought my 06 STS into the dealer for the door not unlocking when i touch the door handle, thinking it was the sensor. The dealer took my door apart, replaced the inner mechanism and sensor, but that did not fix it. So they went on to order the "Door Control Module" and there is none in stock anywhere in the country because of such a high demand for it, so the manufacturer is supposedly tooling up to manufacture more of these. Who knows when the part will be in to fix my door......... This really sucks.

That does suck. Same thing happened to me only it was the heated steering wheel. Two months later they finally found one. Tell the dealer to open a STAT case or something that sounds like that. It supposed to be a priority search of all sources.

EChas3
04-27-11, 10:19 PM
Ask usually works better than tell.

KRSTS
04-27-11, 10:55 PM
Ask usually works better than tell.

Touche!