: 2015 Cadillac Omega: Full-Size, RWD, Premium Luxury Sedan

Lord Cadillac
04-26-11, 10:58 AM
According to insiders, Cadillac’s new flagship model will be built on a standalone rear-drive platform, dubbed Omega, rather than sharing underpinnings with the CTS or upcoming ATS. As we predicted in the past, it will be powered by six- and eight-cylinder engines, and all-wheel drive would be optional. A hybrid version could follow later, a diesel— which would account for the bulk of the vehicle’s sales in Europe—won’t. The new, impressively styled sedan will be launched in 2014 as a 2015 model.

Read more... (http://blog.caranddriver.com/cadillac-planning-rwd-sedan-to-go-after-the-7-series-and-s-class-and-maybe-even-the-rolls-royce-phantom/#more-45849)

Lord Cadillac
04-26-11, 05:49 PM
More information on the Cadillac Omega program...

Is it being developed? Yes.
Has it been approved? No.
Where is it being built? Shanghai, China
Will it be a Rolls Royce competitor? No
Will it be a Mercedes-Benz S-Class type competitor? Yes
Will anything set it apart from the S-Class besides design? Yes. Luxury features and appointments are to be more along the lines of a Rolls Royce and/or Maybach - but priced closer to its competition (Lexus LS, BMW 7-Series, etcetera).

cadillac kevin
05-03-11, 12:01 AM
china+ cadillac= uuber fail.
If I'm paying $80k+ for a caddy it better not be made in china. I know GM shanghai makes some cool stuff, but the whole "made in china" stigma will haunt the car, especially considering its supposed to be caddy's flagship.

hueterm
05-03-11, 11:02 AM
This is idiotic. First, making this in China is fail. But they've never even approached the Lexus LS, not to mention the 7 or S in appointments or capability. So they're going to try to leapfrog those w/a Maybach/Rolls fighter at an "S" price.

There are no words...

Lord Cadillac
05-03-11, 11:33 AM
I do realize there are complications with having a Cadillac flagship built in China. Believe me.. But I also feel the Chinese are fully capable of building this car. Unless I'm mistaken, some Chinese automobile manufacturers have been pulling apart Rolls Royce Phantoms, studying them, and building cars very similar. Do a search for "geely excellence". I'm also very impressed with their Buick Park Avenue.. If you haven't seen it, you should take a look. It's old now, but it's quite nice...

jrosevear
05-06-11, 12:25 PM
They're not going to build Cadillacs in China for the U.S. market. Won't happen. If they sell it here (not necessarily a sure thing, but likely), bet on the US-market cars being built at Lansing Grand River. GM Shanghai is the engineering lead, not the exclusive manufacturer.

Also bet on GM Styling in the US having a BIG hand in this car's appearance, inside and out.

brothleutner
05-13-11, 12:15 AM
And by built in lansing you mean assembled, correct? Built in china still, assembled here. Is GM really going to care about the US market with this car, or do they care about the chinese market? Am I wrong in saying the china SLS was way better appointed than the US STS? My bet, GM is going to gamble that by 2015 we'll all know everything is made in china anyway, and will not care. Will they be correct? Who knows, but they'll make more money over there on this car than over here anyway, so do they really care what we think on this one?

Lord Cadillac
05-13-11, 12:26 AM
I'm learning toward built and designed in China; assembled here. But I'm nobody.

jrosevear
06-14-11, 11:20 AM
From a customer's perspective, it doesn't matter where in GM's global system it's designed. But I think you guys are just looking for reasons to complain with this "built in China" business. I don't think a US version would be "built in China" any more than a Camaro is "built in Australia" or a US-market Cruze is "built in Korea". They aren't going to ship panels and powertrains to the US from Shanghai when they have a massive supply infrastructure to draw on right here.

Stingroo
06-14-11, 11:47 AM
I'm glad somebody said it.

nguyennhatquang
06-15-11, 03:04 AM
i never never belive any mechanical part is made in China. If Cadillac is Made In China. The CTS-V couple and DHS will be my last Cadillac V8 or until GM made new lac with RWD and Full size V8 and Made in USA . The Chinese they can do interiol material very well. Because the labor in there is very cheap and they have skilful with women suede the dashboard by leather.
But. That all. Let them do the Interiol job. We will have the Rolls-royces Phantom interiol in less than 90K car

Lord Cadillac
06-15-11, 05:16 AM
The Buick Park Avenue and Cadillac SLS are certainly good examples of how good the Chinese are with interiors.. Otherwise, I'm not familiar with other aspects of their vehicles...

Stingroo
06-15-11, 09:12 AM
i never never belive any mechanical part is made in China. If Cadillac is Made In China. The CTS-V couple and DHS will be my last Cadillac V8 or until GM made new lac with RWD and Full size V8 and Made in USA . The Chinese they can do interiol material very well. Because the labor in there is very cheap and they have skilful with women suede the dashboard by leather.
But. That all. Let them do the Interiol job. We will have the Rolls-royces Phantom interiol in less than 90K car

Come on, really? Do you own a television set? Probably has electricals that were made in China. A radio? An iPod? A computer?

You want a car fully assembled in America, including all parts, except for the interior for some bizarre reason, and want it to come in at under 90k? Won't happen. At the end of the day, when you're sitting in your car and you turn the key (push the button, or whatever), do you really stop and think "I wonder if this key or button was made in China."

I doubt it. GM is GM no matter where the plant is located. jrosevear hit the nail on the head.

Stingroo
06-15-11, 09:14 AM
According to insiders, Cadillac’s new flagship model will be built on a standalone rear-drive platform, dubbed Omega, rather than sharing underpinnings with the CTS or upcoming ATS. As we predicted in the past, it will be powered by six- and eight-cylinder engines, and all-wheel drive would be optional. A hybrid version could follow later, a diesel— which would account for the bulk of the vehicle’s sales in Europe—won’t. The new, impressively styled sedan will be launched in 2014 as a 2015 model.

Read more... (http://blog.caranddriver.com/cadillac-planning-rwd-sedan-to-go-after-the-7-series-and-s-class-and-maybe-even-the-rolls-royce-phantom/#more-45849)

Also, Sal: If this is true, what's all that nonsense in the other thread you were trying to convince me of about Cadillac wanting to be like Acura with an all V6 lineup? (And furthermore, why would ANYONE want to emulate Acura anyway? lol).

Lord Cadillac
06-15-11, 09:32 AM
That's just a quote from an article - not my own words. The V8 isn't happening... I like the Acura RL and TL, anyway...

nguyennhatquang
06-15-11, 12:59 PM
Come on, really? Do you own a television set? Probably has electricals that were made in China. A radio? An iPod? A computer?

You want a car fully assembled in America, including all parts, except for the interior for some bizarre reason, and want it to come in at under 90k? Won't happen. At the end of the day, when you're sitting in your car and you turn the key (push the button, or whatever), do you really stop and think "I wonder if this key or button was made in China."

I doubt it. GM is GM no matter where the plant is located. jrosevear hit the nail on the head.

so that mean the car will less realiable like every stuff made in China. Look at the Television was Made in Japan before. How long does it live compare with the LCD made from China. i opened the Benz. Most of the Part is made in German or made in Japan. more than 90%. i know the labor in Germany doesn't cheaper than USA. So S500 still under 80.000$ and very nice interiol. And in W221 S-class or any other benz. You have a real car. not a C-Class Badge S-class like GM did with Cadillac. A upscale version of Buick or Chevrolet. What do you think if you pay more than 70 or 89k and you have the chassi or the engine of the car (the Heart of the car) is the same as 20 => 25K. So that mean Cadillac is Much more expensive than S-class. i won't pay money for buy the badge.

thebigjimsho
06-18-11, 04:38 PM
That's just a quote from an article - not my own words. The V8 isn't happening... I like the Acura RL and TL, anyway...As does about 215 other people...

Stingroo
09-26-11, 12:55 AM
Old thread, but lol Jim, I think your estimate is on the high side.

Rhinelander
06-04-12, 11:46 PM
This is idiotic. First, making this in China is fail. But they've never even approached the Lexus LS, not to mention the 7 or S in appointments or capability.

The Lexus LS 460 really is not that special of a car. Cadi can smoke it if they wanted. You do realize a tremendous number of components in a BMW 7 series are from Cadillac/GM. Just to name a few, magnetic ride, magna power steering, direction injection system, a transmission option, and I think the AC/heater system(not sure of that one) and who knows what else. If they can build a world class dominating Corvette they can build a world class full size car. I just dont want it to be priced above $55K there volume will drop to nothing.

EnvoyBu
06-07-12, 02:00 AM
I know people are against "made in China", but I'd trust the Chinese to design a luxury car, as they will be a large percentage of the car's sales. America is good and all, but IMHO, it's a great idea to let the Chinese conduct development. Smart move.

Post 100! :)

Jesda
08-06-12, 09:26 PM
Most likely, they'll build it in both China and the US.

RippyPartsDept
08-06-12, 09:34 PM
yeah same as the xts... chinese/asian version gets built in china ... northamerican/euro version(s) built in the NorthAmerica

DG2
08-11-12, 03:05 PM
There is no way that the flagship gets built in China. I'd bet a years pay on that one. Thanks in large part to Donald Trump the whole "made in China" problem is now mainstream. GM would make a fatal mistake I'd they made any Cadillac in China

I know the Chinese are wonderful GM customers but even the Chinese like the true Made in USA appeal of Cadillac. Bring the SRX production to the states and never makes Caddy outside the USA. That goes for XTS too. Analogy, imagine
If Harley-Davidsons top of the line tour bikes were made in China or Mexico ! The loyal Harley riders would storm the factory and hang the CEO by his balls !

RippyPartsDept
08-11-12, 03:30 PM
Uh, harley does it too...

it just doesn't make sense to make these big heavy expensive machines and then ship them half-way across the globe

big products like these that are sold in china are going to built in china ... get used to it

and just to be clear - we are talking about the chinese versions of these products

the harleys sold in china will be made in china
the cadillacs sold in china will be made in china (as is happening right now)

DG2
08-11-12, 03:42 PM
Uh, harley does it too...

it just doesn't make sense to make these big heavy expensive machines and then ship them half-way across the globe

big products like these that are sold in china are going to built in china ... get used to it

and just to be clear - we are talking about the chinese versions of these products

the harleys sold in china will be made in china
the cadillacs sold in china will be made in china (as is happening right now)

Your 100% wrong on Harley my friend. 100% of all Harley Davidsons are made in America. That is a fact that you should research prior to responding.

What got our country in the trouble where in ( on the jobs front ) is exactly your comments about outsourcing. Go back and study all these ivy league economist showing how outsourcing American jobs is good for the country. They were dead wrong and now 20 years later look at what it's done to our Nation. We have College graduates fighting for Starbucks jobs at $8.50 per hour !

Instead if being ad drone and embrassing the concept of shipping American jobs overseas you should use your skills ,words influence to fight it. It's our kids future dude and if you want to make the next generation of Chinese families richer move to China !!!

BEarle
08-12-12, 11:38 AM
http://i.stuff.co.nz/motoring/7455120/Cadillac-flagship-is-RHD

It will be a V6 with V8 options which is fine because doesn't the 7 series and S class have a V6 hybrid option?????

RippyPartsDept
08-12-12, 09:32 PM
do your own research - harley does not make all their bikes in america

yes, the ones sold in america are made here but the ones sold in other parts of the world (like asia) are made overseas

i'm not trying to make a political statement - just relay facts

DG2
08-12-12, 09:56 PM
do your own research - harley does not make all their bikes in america

yes, the ones sold in america are made here but the ones sold in other parts of the world (like asia) are made overseas

i'm not trying to make a political statement - just relay facts

Mr Rippy. Please dont take offense but your dead wrong!! Harley-Davidson manufactures all of their motorcycles in the USA 100% i own Harley's and have been riding them for over 25 years. I am a life long motorcyclist and I am surprised that you are making such an outrageous claim

Here is the best part. A few years ago Harley executives explored the idea of manufacturing Harley's in Asia and Europe but quickly decided not to as the fact that a Harley is Made in USA is part of the appeal to buyers in foreign nations. Hence, the point I was trying to make with Cadillac. Cadillac shares the same iconic American made statue as Harley and while GM is a global company a Cadillac should be Made in USA. Just like a Harley !!!

RippyPartsDept
08-12-12, 10:12 PM
http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-04/world/india.bikes_1_india-market-harley-davidsons-haryana

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/american-icon-not-all-american/nFgZ8/

so i remembered wrong ... it was india not china ... harleys don't sell well enough in china to warrant a factory (yet)

DG2
08-12-12, 10:37 PM
http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-04/world/india.bikes_1_india-market-harley-davidsons-haryana

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/american-icon-not-all-american/nFgZ8/

so i remembered wrong ... it was india not china ... harleys don't sell well enough in china to warrant a factory (yet)

Well, read on. They are considering it, it's not official yet. Your article is two years old and as of today no bikes manufactured in India yet. See below. Your point is a good one where a manufacture assembles in a locale to keep cost down. India is such a poor country but one of the largest motorcycle markets in the world. I would rather see Harley build that plant
In the Bronx and export. They are simply shipping the parts to India for assembly. Kinda like BMW South Carolina factory, where most parts come shipped to America from Germany fir assembly.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=14&ved=0CHIQFjAN&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cartrade.com%2Fcar-bike-news%2Fharley-davidson-plans-to-set-up-facility-for-manufacturing-bikes-in-india-117548.html&ei=91YoUPq4BpOe6QGAjIGQAQ&usg=AFQjCNE4b8dMyHbcaSGYMkO_itQMR5gZvQ

DG2
08-12-12, 10:40 PM
So , as of today Harley does make all their bikes in America.

DG2
08-12-12, 11:14 PM
Cadillacs soon to be top of the line "Cadillac of Cadillacs " should contain the following very powerful statement. Domestic component content 100% Engine -Transmission made in USA

GM executives , consider that a challenge. Build this car to be the " All American" fit the world.

GooseDaPlaymaker
08-14-12, 10:15 AM
Cadillacs soon to be top of the line "Cadillac of Cadillacs " should contain the following very powerful statement. Domestic component content 100% Engine -Transmission made in USA

GM executives , consider that a challenge. Build this car to be the " All American" fit the world.

You know, a wise old man once told me, "Don't be the only one who cares..."

What is it about Post-Bailout GM that suggests making their Cadillacs "All American" a priority of theirs? I've heard too many times on these forums the term "Government Motors", but at the same time, you EXPECT them to be made exclusively in the US? I respect your allegiance to American-built vehicles, but to EXPECT that from a company that's trying to firmly establish itself as a global name? Not realistic at all...

DG2
08-14-12, 11:18 AM
You know, a wise old man once told me, "Don't be the only one who cares..."

What is it about Post-Bailout GM that suggests making their Cadillacs "All American" a priority of theirs? I've heard too many times on these forums the term "Government Motors", but at the same time, you EXPECT them to be made exclusively in the US? I respect your allegiance to American-built vehicles, but to EXPECT that from a company that's trying to firmly establish itself as a global name? Not realistic at all...

Actually, my point was only Cadillac. I understand that GM is a global company and needs to have manufacturing capabilities throughout the world. Actually, GM pioneered it over 70 years ago when they acquired Germany's Opel. Brilliant move back then and amazing that they held onto them.

My point and analogy with Harley is that Cadillac is a "all American " brand and perceived that way world wide. Just like Harley-Davidson They are different then any other car brand in that sense ( minus Corvette). That's a very special thing that GM should embrace ,understand and play into by making sure that Cadillac is always 100% Made in USA. That's what people expect when they buy a Cadillac that's it's American. Imagine buying your first $400,000 Ferarri that says " Made in China". You may not buy it because you expect an Italian sports car to be made in Italy !!

So, my point has nothing to do with post bailouts although I personally believe that all American companies should think America first before building the new offshore plant. That's a different topic.

RippyPartsDept
08-14-12, 11:59 AM
i believe Vauxhall was GM's first foreign acquisition but Opel wasn't far behind

I understand your point (re: 100% american) but it is just not realistic. China is Cadillac (and GM's) biggest market - they're going to build the Chinese Cadillacs in China. There's no way around that.

Cadillac has never marketed themselves as an "All American" brand - you're putting that label on them. The XTS is made/assembled in Canada, the SRX is (was?) made in Mexico.

GM and Cadillac don't market themselves on being "All American" because that would be dishonest in the same way that Harley is being dishonest with their claims of being 100% American
just because all the parts are assembled here in the US does not make a Harley 100% American

DG2
08-14-12, 12:54 PM
i believe Vauxhall was GM's first foreign acquisition but Opel wasn't far behind

I understand your point (re: 100% american) but it is just not realistic. China is Cadillac (and GM's) biggest market - they're going to build the Chinese Cadillacs in China. There's no way around that.

Cadillac has never marketed themselves as an "All American" brand - you're putting that label on them. The XTS is made/assembled in Canada, the SRX is (was?) made in Mexico.

GM and Cadillac don't market themselves on being "All American" because that would be dishonest in the same way that Harley is being dishonest with their claims of being 100% American
just because all the parts are assembled here in the US does not make a Harley 100% American

You make some good points Rippy but then go back to some bad ones. GM had done a masterful job in China and the Chinese have been outstanding customers in return. With all the Buicks and Cadillacs China buys thus is a tricky one but it's only my opinion. Considering the fact that China is booming GM should be investing more domestically adding American jobs to fill the growing demand. Imagine how many high paying jobs could be created here instead of China ? Need I remind you how many American jobs GM shipped offshore decades ago using the same excuse as "its the way business is done". Nothing political but that formula is the reason our "real" unemployment numbers are 14%. And, not fur anything but considering what happened GM should be going the extra mile and keep those jobs in America and help balance the trade balance which if you don't know is in Chinas favor !

Not sure if you actually own a Cadillac Rippy but I know most Cadillac buyers buy a Cadillac with pride "thinking its made in USA". That is a perception of the brand and if you think it's not your wrong. You also continue to be wrong about Harley Davidson. Either your busting my chops or you really are naive. Harley Davidson motorcycles are 100% made in USA. Yes, they have some components that are not but the majority ( engines-frames-sheet metals -tranny) are all Made in USA by Harley.

Like it or not Cadillac has the same type of American Icon stature. GM should be very proud of that as should any Cadillac owner.

RippyPartsDept
08-14-12, 01:52 PM
i'm not trying to bust your chops about HD ... i'm just trying to inject some reality in the discussion
saying it's 100% Made in the USA (but yes some components are not) does not make sense

i do own a Cadillac and it's country of origin was the last thing on my mind when purchasing it

i can understand the outrage people had about the Olympic team uniforms not being Made in the USA
but that's quite a bit different than an automobile

am I upset about the employment situation in this country, yes
but forcing a global automotive company to be Made in the USA is not the solution
GM has 200,000 worldwide employees ... bringing them all back to the US wouldn't come close to putting a dent in the situation
and it would probably send the company right back to bankruptcy ... they would never sell another car in China due to the 260% import duty

it's just not going to happen ... a product this large/heavy needs to be built relatively close to where it will be sold and used
(you know, at least on the same continent)

Now if you want to talk about other outsourcing and moving jobs overseas in general (across all industries) has been detrimental to the nation then that's fine with me i'm with you on that. GM's not the problem here though

DG2
08-14-12, 02:21 PM
I agree that GM is not the problem and never said they should close overseas factories and bring jobs back here. What I intended my point was if GM ( or any manufacture ) is building a brand new factory , to rethink that move and build here.

For me when I bought my BMWs I knew I was buying a German car made in Germany. The appeal of Made in Germany was part of my decision as German precision is the best in the world. Had my BMWs been built in South Korea I would not have purchased those models. If I am buying a German car I want it made in Germany. Ditto an American car. If the C7 Corvette was now made in China or Mexico I would not buy one. Maybe I'm old fashion but that's how I look at it.

RippyPartsDept
08-14-12, 05:34 PM
First off, no North American market car will be made in China - that's not going to happen, trust me

Secondly, these days BMW markets their vehicles on "German Engineering" not Made in Germany
that's because many of their vehicles are no longer Made in Germany
nothing wrong with that if you ask me
I'd rather BMW make their North American vehicles in North America and not ship them across the Atlantic

Thirdly, the ATS is being built in the same Michigan factory the CTS is built in (on the same production line as a matter of fact)
they've added shifts and employees in the last couple months (about 1000 jobs added i think)

i get your point (and i'll agree it's old fashioned) :cool2:

DG2
08-14-12, 05:50 PM
Your third point is the best.

DG2
08-14-12, 06:03 PM
First off, no North American market car will be made in China - that's not going to happen, trust me

Secondly, these days BMW markets their vehicles on "German Engineering" not Made in Germany
that's because many of their vehicles are no longer Made in Germany
nothing wrong with that if you ask me
I'd rather BMW make their North American vehicles in North America and not ship them across the Atlantic

Thirdly, the ATS is being built in the same Michigan factory the CTS is built in (on the same production line as a matter of fact)
they've added shifts and employees in the last couple months (about 1000 jobs added i think)

i get your point (and i'll agree it's old fashioned) :cool2:

While your thurs point is excellent and I wished they would have kept SRX production in Lansing you fail to recognize or acknowledge that Cadillac is perceived as an "American Brand" that most buyers probably assume are made in USA. Yep , tons of buyers don't care where the product is made but I bet most do.

Most importantly the reason it is sad that list people don't care is to your point. That "the industry does it" get use to it way of the works etc etc. well, I'll end on this note. That's why the United States Olympic team wire "made in China" uniforms. Attitudes like the one your highlighting ( true as they may be) is the reason why 95% of cloths are made overseas mostly by children and slave laborers in China.

Buy American and stand up for it !!!!

DG2
08-14-12, 06:34 PM
Sorry for the typos but this damn Chinese made iPhone !

One more point in the "Made in Germany ". If you asked any German they would tell you that having products made in their homeland is utmost important to them. The Germans are extremely loyal to products produced by their countryman. Americans should follow that admirable trait and our Countries problems would be fixed pretty quickly.

RippyPartsDept
08-14-12, 06:50 PM
the Olympic uniform is different
that supposed to represent our country officially at a worldwide competition
a Cadillac does not (and is not supposed to) represent the country

i understand that you associate the two together and i can understand why but GM is a global company that is headquartered and founded in the US
their vehicles are not meant to represent the countries that they are built in or that the brand is spawned from

very big difference between that and the Olympic uniform situation

i don't really care if Ralph Lauren makes everything in china
(well i do really and i prefer not to purchase those products)
but it's a free country and a free market and RL can produce products where ever they want
and I can choose to buy (or not buy) those products
but when you send athletes to compete in an international competition such as the Olympics
it's more than a tad ironic that the uniforms are made by one of the other competitors

so, again... a very big difference between a cadillac that's made in mexico or canada than a US olympic uniform made in china
very big difference

RippyPartsDept
08-14-12, 06:54 PM
Americans should follow that admirable trait and our Countries problems would be fixed pretty quickly.

i agree, and truthfully i try and make my financial impact as local as possible
local restaurants that purchase from local farmers
local grocery co-op
local corner store instead of the gas station chain store

the thing is... people who think like this are few and far between
plus - nobody wants to hear: "we should be more like the germans"

DG2
08-14-12, 07:06 PM
i agree, and truthfully i try and make my financial impact as local as possible
local restaurants that purchase from local farmers
local grocery co-op
local corner store instead of the gas station chain store

the thing is... people who think like this are few and far between
plus - nobody wants to hear: "we should be more like the germans"

Trust me, it was painful for me to write that. You are unfortunately correct, if only more Americans thought like this we would all benefit enormously.

RippyPartsDept
08-14-12, 10:20 PM
:cheers:

GooseDaPlaymaker
08-15-12, 04:56 AM
(Shifting the tone to the topic) I know one thing's for sure: If Cadillac makes this model car, with the "proper" flagship specifications, anything less than a news report showing Abu Gharib prisoners builiding this vehicle to fund terrorism wouldn't keep me from buying this car. Hands down...

HansK
08-16-12, 06:29 PM
(Shifting the tone to the topic) I know one thing's for sure: If Cadillac makes this model car, with the "proper" flagship specifications, anything less than a news report showing Abu Gharib prisoners builiding this vehicle to fund terrorism wouldn't keep me from buying this car. Hands down...

Wait til you see the price tag ;)

GooseDaPlaymaker
08-16-12, 10:37 PM

Absolutely!

DG2
08-17-12, 12:32 AM

I live in metro NYC and see a sea of Porsche Panaramas on the busy NY roads everyday. Most are the $120,000 turbos. My point, yep the new " Cadillac of Cadillacs " will be very expensive but there are no shortage if buyers.

Kim Foster
12-20-12, 03:12 AM
At last! Hopefully a car worthy to replace the 2002 DTS. My 2002 fully loaded DTS was a work of art. Subsequent years they started cutting corners to save money and cheapened the car to increase profits. Fit, finish, innovation, and comfort were dumbed down. As the years have rolled by I have rented many newer DTS's to keep the miles down on my 2002. Very disappointing.

Recently after anxiously awaiting the arrival of the XTS I went to the local dealer and test drove one. Disappointed again! Under-whelming! Not to mention under powered. My 2002 is a far superior vehicle in power, handling and room or perceived room in the cabin. The 2002 seats and creature comforts are superior. My 2002 has the nav system with touch controls that were way ahead of their time in ease of use and function. The 3D dash cluster is still ahead of the current offerings.

I am offended by Cadillac marketing referring to those of us over 65 as old geezers that just want a big pillow to ride around in without thinking about performance and handling! BULL, I own 2 Corvettes and a Dodge Magnum that all kick ass on the road. The Cadillac folks just need to do their homework and design a car along the lines of the BMW 7 series, Mercedes, Audi 8's and Lexus 460's to get the idea of what us old geezers want in a luxury ride that wears an American badge. Personally I don't care where it is built since we live in a one world economy. And even the cars supposedly build in America have parts and paint from other countries.

By the way my loyalty to Cadillac goes back 10 cars and 30 years. Even with all the miscues over the years the name Cadillac is still up there in the minds of the public as the Standard of the World! I can only hope the 2015 flagship will earn that honor once again! As far a price, build a quality car and we old geezers will pay the price! I am sure it will be less than the European brands.

KFoster