: Brake booster return spring broken

Fleetwood70
04-26-11, 12:22 AM
Broken into 3 pieces, where can I get a new one? Or is there anything else I can use to return/push the brake pedal back?

1970 Fleetwood

outsider
04-26-11, 09:05 AM
my 69 is missing the spring as well...

I used a random large spring I found laying around but it wasn't strong enough and so now I'm also on the hunt.

intragration
04-27-11, 03:11 AM
Booster return spring? Did you take the booster apart? My booster wasn't returning, there was a vacuum problem internally, i just replaced the booster for $100. I believe they sell booster rebuild kits, but you might be better just buying a replacement.

outsider
04-27-11, 08:44 AM
I've also been looking for a booster for my 69. I'd like to replace the booster and master cylinder together but I am unable to find the parts! :(
intragration, where did you get yours?

outsider
04-27-11, 10:15 AM
Rock auto has them now for $122 with master cylinder! Ganna order one!

intragration
04-27-11, 01:48 PM
I got mine at Autozone, I think most stores stock them, or can at least get them next-day.

outsider
04-27-11, 02:09 PM
I checked my local napa last summer and they said they'd have to ship one from like Kentucky or something and wanted to charge me like $25 for shipping to the store. I was like "no thanks..."

intragration
04-27-11, 02:15 PM
Wouldn't you have to pay for shipping from Rock Auto? My Pep Boys had to special order shocks for me, they were also shipped to the store by FedEx, but they didn't charge me anything for this. Maybe try another store? Regardless, having functioning brakes is priceless ha ha.

Fleetwood70
04-27-11, 09:50 PM
Booster return spring? Did you take the booster apart? My booster wasn't returning, there was a vacuum problem internally, i just replaced the booster for $100. I believe they sell booster rebuild kits, but you might be better just buying a replacement.
I removed my brake booster to clean the rust on front shell and to paint it, I noticed there's something loose inside, took it apart and found a broken spring. There's like 2/3 of the spring is left, it still returns it back all the way but slowly. Booster itself works great, so I don't wanna buy a new one.