: Motortrend cts-v vs x6 M vs panamera turbo

kirbyCTSV
04-25-11, 09:50 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1106_2011_bmw_x6_m_cadillac_cts_v_porsche_panamera _turbo/index.html
enjoy

AP24LA
04-26-11, 04:21 AM
That doesnt seem very fair now does it? Lets try that again from a highway roll and see if that Bimmer still keeps up so well....

EVIL_C5
04-26-11, 09:45 AM
pfft.....170K for the panamara....it damn well better be better than anything else in its class. for that price, you could buy a vagon and a coupe and have money left over to get the bespoke interior from one of the shops that specialze in full leather interiors.

the bmw and porsche are just ugly, theres no way to dress up those pigs and make them pretty enough to want to kiss.

I have owned gn's, f-body's, vette's, and now on my 4th cadillac, and my V sedan is without a doubt the best car I have owned from the GM performance line.

newcadman
04-26-11, 10:50 AM
Although the end result would probably have been similar why would they use a manual in the V wagon rather than an auto, especially when the other two are using an auto trans?

buddyg
04-26-11, 11:08 AM
Both the BMW and the Panamera are butt arse ugly. And I am a Porsche fan as I own one.

The Cadillac is beautiful, fast and cheap compared with the Porsche.

EVIL_C5
04-26-11, 11:16 AM
its weird that people say the recaro's are uncomfortable, I find them to be most supportive on longer trips. my previous CTS was a lux package, and the seats were awful, and my escalade feels like im in a lazyboy with no arms on it. the C5 corvette seats were close, but still not as supportive as the V recaro's.

I guess if you are 250 plus and 6'6", they might not be for you.

Z06ified
04-26-11, 11:24 AM
Nice article. But they completely glossed over the fact that the CTS-V stopped faster than the Panamera, and the CTS-V posted a higher trap speed in the quarter, as well as winning the passing 45-65 test. Those last 2 items demonstrate the CTS-V superior power, and I'd bet in a 0-150 test, the Panamera would be seeing the CTS-V's taillights.

Also, Motor Trend saying Cadillac can stop advertising the CTS-V as the fastest sedan in the world because the Panamera is now, isn't entirely true. The CTS-V manual has a higher top speed (by 1 mph, I know), and I don't think there has been any official documented Nurburgring lap time of the Panamera Turbo S - only speculation and unofficial tests. The Panamera would probably beat the CTS-V around the 'ring, but then again, the 'ring does have a very long back straight where the CTS-V can reel in the Porsche.

Garymonnecka
04-26-11, 11:29 AM
They also state the fact that the turbo is quicker to 60. Well no shit, the p-car has all wheel drive and launch control. Fair. .

Shane D
04-26-11, 11:31 AM
The Panamera would probably beat the CTS-V around the 'ring, but then again, the 'ring does have a very long back straight where the CTS-V can reel in the Porsche.

Pretty hard to beat PDK and AWD. The Porsche is butt ugly though.

Shane D

BuckeyeInNC
04-26-11, 11:42 AM
There is a video posted of a "drag race" too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwjWJmQnEaU

newcadman
04-26-11, 12:15 PM
its weird that people say the recaro's are uncomfortable, I find them to be most supportive on longer trips.

I guess if you are 250 plus and 6'6", they might not be for you.

FWIW, at 6'5" and 255 I find the recaros the absolute best seats ever !

buddyg
04-26-11, 12:15 PM
Also, Motor Trend saying Cadillac can stop advertising the CTS-V as the fastest sedan in the world because the Panamera is now, isn't entirely true.

Actually the Porsche is not a sedan it is a four door hatchback!

thebigjimsho
04-26-11, 02:23 PM
FWIW, at 6'5" and 255 I find the recaros the absolute best seats ever !
Yep, I'm over 250 and love my Recaro.

Interesting side note: on a long day trip, my brother was with me. He had been riding shotgun all day and had some discomfort. When I let him drive, it was a revelation. He said my seat was much more broken in and uberly comfortable. That may have something to do with it. Also, I have my seat properly tailored. After I rode shotgun, I got comfortable pretty fast...

marktanner
05-02-11, 01:14 AM
The wagon is also a bit heavier than the sedan and coupe. While the extra pounds might help a bit on the launch, it will work against the trap speed and braking, for sure. Even GM specs the wagon as a tad slower. So, MT didn't exactly test the fastest version, though I guess the point was that they all had hatches in the rear. In any event, the fact that the V was $100,000 cheaper than the Panamera, yet performed so similarly, is quite a testament to our cars.

IZCOL
02-10-13, 04:41 PM
I have a 2010 Panamera Turbo and I am now looking at a CTS-V. The Panamera is a great road car but for around town the PDK is too jerky and the turbo lag is too long. I think that it is time for a manual transmission and lots of HP.

TWD3
02-11-13, 11:49 PM
Frankly while the Panamera Turbo may be an outstanding performer (at over 150k) it's just not that visually impressive to my eye. I simply don't agree with the mainstream press regarding the subjective merits of CTS V's interior and exterior. Comparing our V's to their Teutonic counterparts, the Caddie is more iconic, stylish and exciting to own. Take the fun factor, stunning lines unlike any other car, and honest value into consideration and you've got a car that squarely hits the target for cash strapped car enthusiasts in the alternative minimum tax bracket.