: Problem with sensor- i think

jessecalifornia
04-25-11, 01:44 PM
yesterday on the drive to work the service engine light turned on , so pulled over and engine seemed find, wasn't running rough or struggling so i kept driving, about 5 minutes later the speedometer needle started to go back and forth then the fuel gage stopped working. i got to work and i turned the car off then back on......the engine sounded fine but everything was still the same. about 10 minutes in to my drive back home the service engine light turned off and everything started working normally. and to day it did the same thing only this time the service engine light didn't come on.

does anybody have any ideas on what the problem could be?
thanks in advance:thumbsup:

intragration
04-25-11, 05:20 PM
Notice any other changes with the car? Slow cranking, odd electrical things?

jessecalifornia
04-25-11, 08:29 PM
im pretty sure nothing else stopped working

more info: i recently bought the car about 3 months ago after it had been parked for about two years or so the owner said. its been driving perfectly a round town, so i started to drive it to work which is about a 50 mile commute, it passed the smog check with no problems. he said he rebuilt the engine and transmission about 2 and a half years ago gave the receipts for all the work done to it, has the original Cadillac engine

jessecalifornia
04-27-11, 10:25 PM
bump: