: Just noticed.....

darhef
04-25-11, 09:11 AM
I had my passenger side headlight assembly replaced this past week with a brand new OEM assembly,bulbs and ballast included. Because someone decided to cut a corner to close to my truck and shave my front bumper and headlight. It wasn't until last night when I walked in front of the truck I noticed that when the headlights are on the new one isn't the same color?!? It seems to be as bright but a different shade. Are there different bulbs for these headlamps from the factory? I kept the damaged assembly and I was thinking of putting the old bulb back in.

hcvone
04-25-11, 10:32 AM
What you are seeing is common, it's called color shifting and it happens as the bulbs age, when replacing one it will not match the older bulb in color, you can put your old bulb in or get another new one. :)

darhef
04-25-11, 01:02 PM
Thanks, I may opt for a newer one, then I'll have a matching set atleast!...lol

RippyPartsDept
04-25-11, 01:31 PM
yeah, i would put a new bulb in the old lamp (that wasn't replaced)

darhef
04-25-11, 01:51 PM
Would you happen to know the part number and name...I think it's osram, or something like that?

darhef
04-25-11, 02:37 PM
Ok, I've found some cheap bulbs on eBay and was wondering if I should stick with the OEM bulbs or take a chance on these aftermarket bulbs? Also, what's the difference between 6000k and 8000k bulbs?

hcvone
04-25-11, 03:26 PM
Ok, I've found some cheap bulbs on eBay and was wondering if I should stick with the OEM bulbs or take a chance on these aftermarket bulbs? Also, what's the difference between 6000k and 8000k bulbs?

Stay with the brand name, the stock is 4300k, 6000k get more blue and 8000k get more purple, the most light output is 4300k, I have used several sets of 5000k, they are a nice look without giving up too much light

darhef
04-25-11, 03:48 PM
Ok, thanks, FYI the older bulb looks really bright white not discolored or faded, while the new bulb looks like it has a gold tint to it.

RippyPartsDept
04-25-11, 04:02 PM
maybe just put your old bulb from the broken lamp in then

darhef
04-25-11, 08:29 PM
Do I have to remove the lamp to change the bulb? Or is there an easier way? Because there doesn't seem to be alot of room to access it.

RippyPartsDept
04-25-11, 11:42 PM
there's often a way to get your hand in there without taking the lamp out

some would say that it's easier, but how much time are you going to put into figuring the easy way while you could have been taking the lamp out?

sometimes there is no other option... i'm not really sure about this one... maybe others can chime in who have first hand experience

darhef
05-01-11, 08:25 PM
Well, I changed the bulb, after removing the front bumper/grille assembly!?!?! Little did I know, I could have just removed the air filter housing!!...lol...Anyways, the bulb that came with the new lamp wasn't the same as the old lamp, it had different numbers, so I put the old bulb in the new lamp, and it's as if it were never changed.