: Eibach springs in sedan?

tabio42
04-25-11, 03:26 AM
Eibach's website shows the sedan springs are still in development. And gm parts websites show the same part number for sedan/coupe springs. Anyone tried the eibach lowering springs on a sedan yet?

Love
-Anil

Caddy Wagon
04-25-11, 04:00 AM
I'll be trying them on a V Wagon in the next couple of weeks.

Gordy Petrovski
04-25-11, 09:28 AM
I'll be trying them on a V Wagon in the next couple of weeks.

Not if I get mine first ;) I think the Vagon with its lines will look killer dropped.

Caddy Wagon
04-25-11, 09:38 AM
Not if I get mine first ;) I think the Vagon with its lines will look killer dropped.

Well I have the springs, and I'm picking the Vagon up today. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to install them though. I am on call this week, and the storms coming through Arkansas just won't seem to stop! :bonkers:

kirbyCTSV
04-25-11, 10:18 AM
id like to get these on my sedan...but i heard there is no hardware for the mag susp. Are you just using the stock ones and does it affect the Tour/Sport changes?

Caddy Wagon
04-25-11, 10:56 AM
Just use the stock rods. You can still change from touring to sport.

wfo
04-25-11, 11:16 AM
Over time, if not using some sort of suspesnion rods you might get a "service suspension" message light on the Driver Infomation Center (DIC). The rods act as suspension limiters so the Magnetic Ride computer doesn't sense a decrease and then failure to rebound to specific preset height, thinking there is a servie issue of he suspension.

CTSV4now
04-26-11, 12:13 PM
I called Eibach and was told the sedan springs are still in development. They are in need of a Sedan in the Corona, California area to complete the testing.

tabio42
04-26-11, 04:22 PM
They are going to have my sedan in the beginning of may for measurements/testing. So hopefully shortley after that they will have a kit available :)

They are also looking for a non v coupe if anyone knows one in the area.

kirbyCTSV
04-26-11, 05:24 PM
not sure i understand why they need a sedan...should work on both..GM stock parts are the same and D3 ones are too i think.

tabio42
04-26-11, 05:46 PM
Gm part numbers for the rear are not the same. Fronts are the same. I think the difference is spring rate for the different weights of the cars.

Caddy Wagon
04-26-11, 10:50 PM
The rear weight difference between a coupe, sedan, and wagon is less than an average males weight. Factor in the weight of a 1/2 and full tank of gas, and there is minimal difference in all of them.

tabio42
04-26-11, 11:11 PM
I don't know what else would be different. Maybe height? Or the shape of the perch?

musclesbmf
04-27-11, 10:52 AM
D3 only sells one set of springs, and they work fine for both coupe and sedan. I've installed springs on both and the setups are identical. Spring rates etc I don't know, but as stated above, the weight difference is negligible.

Mark

KevinR70
06-29-11, 11:44 AM
Looks like Eibach has the springs for the sedan now. #38141.140 .6" drop in front and 1.1" in rear vs .9" front drop on coupe springs. I'm thinking about ordering a set and going to the RE-11 265 & 305 tire combo.

haterinc
06-29-11, 12:30 PM
.6 in the front and 1.1 in the rear isn't going to look right IMO... you'll have that saggy bottom look. i went with the d3 comps and have been happy thus far... .75 f and 1 r drop with mag ride adjusters