: Parking assist question

Jamkak
04-24-11, 06:31 PM
So I've been lurking around here for a while since I just purchased an '07 escalade esv about 2 months ago. I've since had the "Service Parking Assist" come on and while taking the rig in for an oil change the dealer said that the #4 sensor is bad. Curious to know which one it might be when looking from the back? The dealer wanted about $400 to replace and if it's as simple as unplugging one of the sensor and putting a new one in, that seems a little high... Also, where is the best place to get a replacement?

Also, I've successfully taken one of the sensors out of the clips from the bumper, but how do you disconnect the sensor from the the main set of wires?

Thanks for any assistance!

-Jeff

2007XTSDub
04-25-11, 07:59 AM
So I've been lurking around here for a while since I just purchased an '07 escalade esv about 2 months ago. I've since had the "Service Parking Assist" come on and while taking the rig in for an oil change the dealer said that the #4 sensor is bad. Curious to know which one it might be when looking from the back? The dealer wanted about $400 to replace and if it's as simple as unplugging one of the sensor and putting a new one in, that seems a little high... Also, where is the best place to get a replacement?

Also, I've successfully taken one of the sensors out of the clips from the bumper, but how do you disconnect the sensor from the the main set of wires?

Thanks for any assistance!

-Jeff

Mine is going for the same problem today.

CRL1
04-25-11, 09:43 AM
List on the sensor is $186 (p/n 15239247).
Looks like there is a connector right on the sensor,
wiring harness should just unplug from sensor.
Sensor also needs to be painted.

Check this link out, shows it is available from amazon.com for $94

http://www.gmdealz.com/gm-deals/general-motors-15239247-park-assistbackup-sensor.html

2007XTSDub
04-25-11, 06:35 PM
I had one shorted sensor replaced under Gm extended war.

Sent from Android.

Jamkak
04-25-11, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the information. I've found some on ebay as well that are only around $50... May just have to give one of them a try.

Anybody know which way the sensors are numbered? If the #4 sensor is bad, is it the far left or far right if looking at the rear bumper?

2007XTSDub
04-25-11, 07:30 PM
Looking behind truck 1 is drivers side count up to the right.

Sent from Android.

Jamkak
04-26-11, 05:24 PM
Perfect, thanks! Hopefully a replacement sensor will solve my issue!

-Jeff

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-27-11, 02:06 PM
I had one shorted sensor replaced under Gm extended war.

Is this the service you had referenced in post #2? Also, I will be waiting to hear how you do with your repair Jamkak. I hope all goes well.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

2007XTSDub
04-27-11, 08:58 PM
Yes it is

Sent from Android.

firefin
06-15-11, 05:11 PM
Did that work??

whidbeyben
04-17-12, 12:11 AM
Anyone know how to get the park assist into diagnostic mode like has been described for '05 models? (http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cadidiag.html#urpa) I found the park assist module GM 10384551 under the passenger seat outboard side. It has Bosch printed on it. Removing the fascia covering the outer seat slide (need to remove two T-20 fasteners) gives access to the two multipin connnectors to the module. I couldn't find any place to jumper to put it into diagnostic mode.