: Gmx550

DLareJ15
04-24-11, 05:18 PM
Hi i am a newbie here, just sign up today and just bought a 2wd 08 escalade 2 days ago. I wanted to purchse the GMX550 but not sure if its worth it. has anybody had anyproblems with thiers? would you guys recomend it? also i wanted to have bluetooth but not sure which to go with can you guys point me to the right direction? thank you

PreachRR
04-24-11, 06:25 PM
it works great but my only complaint would be there is a breakup in the highs on my music but other wise it is pretty cool.. It can allow you to play movies through your apple ipod iphone to an external monitor or through the nav screen and it allows for nav unlock for 60 seconds.. no complaints here other than the first one..

ELUSIVE
04-24-11, 09:13 PM
I have a GMX550 in mine.
It definitely could have been designed a little better in my opinion, but it's worth it for the NAV and DVD unlocking alone.
I hate having to press a button that mutes the music that i'm listening too (and twice) just to activate the device. Ugh!

DLareJ15
04-25-11, 08:54 AM
thanks for the input guys. also any of you guys install bluetooth? i wanted to install a bluetooth device on it I just didnt know what works well. any suggestions?

ELUSIVE
04-25-11, 04:21 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure about the Bluetooth. My 2010 came with it from the factory.