: rear view camers

rosco
04-24-11, 02:12 PM
I have a 2010 srx awd luxury model.Does anyone know if there is existing wiring to add a rear view lcd mirror and camera.

thank-you

doctormstein1
04-24-11, 03:04 PM
Yes I was offered a rear view camera mirror with the onstar buttons on it

Smokin' SRX
04-25-11, 10:55 AM
As previous post, if you already have the basic Onstar mirror ( I believe all SRX came with) check with Dealer about the upgrade. Sorry, I don't know if the wire harness to the rear camera is installed w/every model, regardless of usage. Check a local Radio/Alarm shop for just an add-on camera/under mirror setup. (you keep your existing Onstar mirror). Other slave kits are available but require a new mini-LCD monitor be put on dash, air vents, etc. Do-it-yourself kits for $100 are out there if you run a wire to rear, and mount the camera yourself. They are powered by reverse lite power wire. I've even heard of wireless camera kits! Most of these kits put the camera in a custom. rear license plate frame. See Amazon or Ebay for examples......

SS

Smokin' SRX
04-25-11, 11:11 AM
As previous post, if you already have the basic Onstar mirror ( I believe all SRX came with) check with Dealer about the upgrade. Sorry, I don't know if the wire harness to the rear camera is installed w/every model, regardless of usage. Check a local Radio/Alarm shop for just an add-on camera/under mirror setup. (you keep your existing Onstar mirror). Other slave kits are available but require a new mini-LCD monitor be put on dash, air vents, etc. Do-it-yourself kits for $100 are out there if you run a wire to rear, and mount the camera yourself. They are powered by reverse lite power wire. I've even heard of wireless camera kits! Most of these kits put the camera in a custom. rear license plate frame. See Amazon or Ebay for examples......

SS